Sunday, July 12, 2026

Make Time to Communicate

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!


It never hurts to keep looking for sunshine. - Eeyore

                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Quantum cat physics: Upon hearing the sound of a can opener, it becomes possible for a cat to travel faster than the speed of light. :)

                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


It is false to assume that if one can talk he can communicate. - Reuel Howe

                             Ineffable Living


The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. - George Bernard Shaw

                                 Examples


Effective communication is about more than just exchanging information. It's about understanding the emotion and intentions behind the information. - Tony Robbins

                         Joy of Communication


A word, wisely spoken, is a spark of clarity in a world of noise. - Aaron Lee

                                  Examples


Keys to a good relationship - to accept each other's faults, to discuss and not argue and always do your best to control your feelings when upset. - Unknown

                              Trans4Mind


Miscommunication is the number one cause of all problems: communication is your bridge to other people. Without it, there's nothing. So when it's damaged, you have to solve all these problems it creates. - Earl Sweatshirt

                            SAS Call Center


People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude. - John C. Maxwell

                               QuotesGram


Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know. - Jim Rohn, Motivational Speaker and Author

                                   Growth


In many ways, effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, encourages others to do their best. - Zig Ziglar

                              QuotesGram 


Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing. If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life. - Brian Tracy, self-development author

                                   Growth


When the heat affects your mental health.
Signs to watch for...behavioral changes, trouble concentrating or remembering, difficulty sleeping, feeling stressed or overwhelmed, mood changes - more depression, irritability or anxiety, physical symptoms like headaches, dizziness or nausea.

Tips to stay well...hydrate, support your body, manage stress, stay connected, keep cool.

Your mind matters as much as your physical health, especially in a heat wave.
                      Mental Health Awareness


There are hundreds of languages around the world, but a smile speaks them all.  :)

                                     Quotlr


The most confusing conversations are those where I talk to myself. - Tom Sanders  :)

                                  Examples


Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there's no reason to continue.
                           Karen Salmansohn


Don't force them to talk. When a message pops up on their mobile screen and they reply to everyone else's message but not to yours, it means they are just finding a way to get rid of you and you're forcing them to talk with you. Let them go. Set them free. 
Leave them alone! Find time for someone else who has time for you.
                              Minds Journal


Introverted. But will talk about cats.  :)
                                     Alamy


It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it. - Eleanor Roosevelt
         Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
                                A-Z Quotes


I saw a very good movie the other night and thought I would share it with you all, in case you would like to watch it. You can find this movie on YouTube. The movie title is Kate's Secret. There is a very good cast of actors in this movie...Meredith Baxter, Ed Asner, Mackenzie Phillips, Tracy Nelson and Shari Belafonte to name some of them!
The movie is about a married woman who suffers from Bulimia and doesn't tell anyone, including her husband. A few of the characters in this movie also have Bulimia, but some have Anorexia Nervosa. It's a very powerful movie focusing on mental illness and the importance of taking care of ourselves and asking for help to combat any mental health issues we may be experiencing. I highly recommend the movie, I found it very powerful and it helps us to be aware of these struggles.


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view.




The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done in Europe! Enjoy!  :)

The chicken and cat talk to each other :) (Bumble Bee Chicken)

Beautiful woodcock hops to the hospital and home again! (Wildlife Aid)

(We're gonna) Rock around the clock - Bill Haley and his Comets

That silver haired daddy of mine - Gene Autry (from Tumbling Tumbleweeds 1935)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

113 comments:

  1. Hello Linda ... I hope you've been enjoying the weekend.
    I do like the words "There are hundreds of languages around the world, but a smile speaks them all." ... a smile can make all the difference.

    Sending smiles to you and all your readers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda, thank you for recommending the movie. I will watch it soon as it is an interesting subject. Have a good week ahead. Please stay hydrated in the hot weather 🙏🏻 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me gusto los videos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Communication and miscommunication are two sides of the same coin and happen on so many levels. I just do the best I can and ask for clarification or restate what I think I heard/saw. Sometimes we find the sun and other times it finds us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda. I love your photos of the greenery and flowers! I will check out the movie you mentioned as I recognize a few of the actors. Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, communications is the key to most things. Fun videos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Communication!! So important in every aspect of life. This was a great post (again!). You always bring us wise words and sweet smiles! Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true... a smile means the same in EVERY language!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Introverted but will talk about cats" -- describes me purrfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't decide which video is the funniest. I'd say that the cat better be careful. An angry hen can do some damage!
    I'll look for the movie Kate's Secret. Someone close to me has similar problems. Maybe I'll learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...talkers are rarely good communicators because they are rarely good listeners! Linda, take care and be cool and well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We can talk and chatter all we want, but truly communicating is a skill worthy of honing and learning well, Linda. I thought the "conversation" between the hen and the cat was so perfect in light of this subject. Both are making noises, but do they understand each other? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. morning dear linda! i'm back in kuala lumpur, after spending 2 nites in my hometown (for the funeral of my sister in law). today is a bright sunny weather here at my place. I choose this quote from your entry: There are hundreds of languages around the world, but a smile speaks them all. :)..take care dear linda! tq for leaving your comments at my blog. really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many good thoughts on Communication here today. I found myself thinking - that's so true, and then the same on the next one... :)
    Beautiful flowers today too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our cat food cans are pop top, but the sound of a lid coming off insures the cat will come running :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great post, Linda! Communication is so important. I agree to Tom's comment, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing all of the wise and lovely quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some lovely photos Linda, very bright and happy. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. thecontemplativecat here. Great quotes. couldn't select just one as my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The second video sent my cat off searching to communicate with miaowing cat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the George Bernard Shaw quote. On communcation.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The smile quote really stood out—it’s such a universal truth.
    Your photos and videos always bring cheer.
    Wishing you a great week ahead. 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  23. You had some very pretty flowers today. Lots of good quotes about communication as well.
    I like this one - It is false to assume that if one can talk he can communicate. - Reuel Howe
    True enough.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Many excellent quotes 🍎 Wonderful beginning to a new week.
    I teach languages and communication and I know how difficult communication can be. But this is great "There are hundreds of languages around the world, but a smile speaks them all." ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you enjoyed that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning dear friend Linda, It is not just cats that can move at the speed of light. Jack Russells can do that quite well too, although it is becoming a bit less so with Bentley now that he is starting to get older. The quote is really nice. Communication is a thing in our current society. Many people seem to have little time left to listen properly. Fortunately, there are still people with whom good conversations can be had.

    Your photos are beautiful. The colors in your first photo, wow!

    I hope you have a nice week. See you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eeyore was the wisest soul in the Hundred Acres Wood.

    ReplyDelete
  28. An interesting film—thanks for the tip—and the flowers in your own photos are so lovely.
    There is something good to take away and remember in everything—including your words of wisdom and quotes!
    I wish you good days and take care. Hugs, Elke.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Kate's Secret sounds like a good movie. Food disorders are very serious and have a high mortality rate. So, if a movie like this one can raise awareness, that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Introverted but will talk about sign is very relatable! 🐈

    ReplyDelete
  31. The running cat..lol that one took my fancy.
    Your photos are lovely, the videos are good and I especially liked the cat and chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful quotes, Linda. We can always talk about cats :)
    Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great advices about communication...
    A lovely post to begin the week with a smile...
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  34. I laughed with the quantum cat physics :D
    Actions talk much louder than words!
    There is a famous quote from Max Lerner: "If men talked about only what they understood, the silence would become unbearable." This was a quote that appeared in my philosophy schoolbook, and stuck with me all these years.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is so very true about cats and can openers, Linda. lol
    Kate’s Secret sounds like a movie I would enjoy. Thank you for sharing.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  36. Communication is something, I agree...
    If we only had a heat wave....
    To smiles! I mostly get them back :-)
    I do hope for peace. But as Klitschko says... in Putin´s sick mind Ukraine belongs to Russia.
    Thank you for the movie-suggestion. Yesterday I managed 1/4 of a breadroll cause my job-worries are so high and I cannot tell Ingo any of it. What for, he cannot help! He might, if he reads my blog, tomorrow. For some reason I feel safer in the blogger-world.
    Hihi, really?! I would not sit in my car and just watch!
    That chicken-cat-discusion is hilarious! No side gives in!
    Much love and hugs on the way, dear friend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think these days most people do their communicating through text messages.
    I've not seen that movie but it sounds like it would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi, Linda!

    I found myself smiling immediately when I read the cat meme joking that the furballs travel faster than the speed of light when they hear a can of food being opened. I might add that they run silently across the floor. Likewise, I appreciated the series of reminders that genuine, effective communication is vitally important if we are to build and maintain quality relationships and lasting peace in this world. Over the years, I have studied the principles of motivational guru Tony Robbins and champion salesman Zig Ziglar, both quoted in your post. Blessed are they that use communication to lift others up rather than tear them down. With summer upon us, it was a good idea for you to post the chart showing how extreme heat can adversely affect health. We are expecting triple digit heat in our neck of the woods on Wednesday. It will be the second time this season that we have needed to endure a life-threatening heat dome. The meme declaring the value of having a close encounter and one-on-one conversation with a wise man is much appreciated. In my motivational training workshops, I learned the importance of surrounding yourself with people who will challenge you to improve and excel. Whenever possible, spend time with successful people. Take them out for lunch and chat with them. Learn their secrets. Networking with people of this caliber can help you establish other important contacts and lead to career advancement opportunities. On the other hand, if the people you choose to hang-out with, the ones you consider friends, spend their days gossiping, trash talking, drinking and doing drugs, they will drag you down with them. Thanks for the tip about Kate's Secret. It addresses an important mental disorder and health concern. I'll look for it. The pictures you snapped of flowers you came upon on a recent walk around Montreal are beautiful. I enjoyed this edition of the Just For Laughs Gag. Those motorists genuinely looked puzzled and concerned as the copper removed parts of their car engines. It was heartwarming to see and hear a chicken and a kitty talking to each other instead of getting into a row as one might expect. I also loved seeing the bird checked out at the hospital and then released back into a favorable environment in the wild. Listening to my brother's copy of "Rock Around The Clock" when I was five years of age is one of my favorite early memories, along with other Bill Haley songs n his collection that included "See You Later, Alligator" and "Dim Dim The Lights (I Want Some Atmosphere)". Gene Autry was also part of my childhood. My parents had several of his records and I watched his Western TV series The Gene Autry Show. As always, I had fun visiting you today, Linda. I'll be back on my own blog with a new post that starts running Wednesday and hope you can stop by. Until then, have a wonderful week, dear friend Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Olá minha querida amiga Linda, ontem vi na televisão, esse ato terrível, em Toronto. A minha reflexão preferida é "É falso presumir, que, se alguém consegue falar, consegue se comunicar. Uma excelente manhã de segunda-feira, para você e todos os seus parentes em Montreal e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The illusion of communication. I know a couple who had a therapy session. The husband thought all was resolved. The wife thought, “Not even close.” They got divorced.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the quotes! I only recently discovered Zig Ziglar, and it turns out I was sharing Karen Salmansohn's quotes with someone in a bad relationship years ago without even realizing they were hers. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  42. The first ones are red begonias the second purple one is common mallow, very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  43. It's always refreshing to come across honest and thoughtful writing and it was a pleasure to visit your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  44. I enjoyed the quotes, and so many of them ring true for me. Thank you for putting that together. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello Linda,
    I love the flowers and plants photos. It is true, a smile can speak volumes. Great quotes and images. Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Such a useful post! Thank you for that! Hugs ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  47. You always have just a nice blog . Enjoyed it. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  48. I know in recent years I have developed more patience. It helps a lot in communication.

    ReplyDelete
  49. There are hundreds of languages around the world, but a smile speaks them all. :) SO true!! Have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  50. You've gotta love the chicken and kitty video, but I'm sure I heard the kitty say you would look good in my dinner bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Creo que en estos días ningún gato busca el Sol con la que nos esta cayendo. La velocidad con la que aparece un gato cuando abres su lata de comida favorita creo que es mayor aun.
    Las frases sobre comunicación super acertadas ya que creo que hay gente que habla mucho y no dice nada o al contrario quien oye y no escucha. Veo muy acertado el publicar ese video de la conversación entre el pollo y el gato junto a esas frases.
    Creo que si en alguna ocasión se me ofrece de mecánico un agente lo vigilare de cerca, no me ocurra lo que a las personas del video.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  52. "Such a lovely reminder! 💙 In today's busy world, making time to communicate with the people who matter is more important than ever. Thank you for spreading positivity and kindness through your blog. Looking forward to Wednesday's post and today's wonderful selections! 😊✨"

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lots of words of wisdom here. I like the one the best about the languages and the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  54. salty pumpkin studioJuly 13, 2026 at 10:28 AM

    Oh the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Communication can definitely be a problem- so much miscommunication or partial communication. Love the plant photos. I agree- smiles are a common language. :) Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Replies
    1. No, they are still sold and needed here in Montreal. I have one.

      Delete
    2. Boa noite, minha querida amiga Linda. Aqui na casa da minha mãe, tem abridor de latas. Uma excelente tarde de quarta-feira e um grande abraço carioca. Confesso, que o único peixe, que eu gosto muito de comer é sardinha.

      Delete
  57. People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude. - and then they stop listening and given a choice will avoid meeting altogether...

    ReplyDelete
  58. I watched Kate's Secret a number of years ago. It was a good movie and a great cast of characters. Thank you for the lovely post, Linda. Have a great week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Interesting, Linda, your flowers!
    Hope your gag never happens to me...! ;-)
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lindo, díky tvému blogu jsem se naučila pár slov anglicky. Dnešní název jsem přeložila bez překladače! 👍
    Dnešní téma je nadmíru potřebné, mnoho lidí neumí komunikovat. Jen je otázkou, jestli si to lidé vezmou k srdci.
    Květiny, které jsi vyfotila: ty červené jsou begonie - Begonia semperflorens, voskovka. Fialové květiny = Surfinie (Surfinia) jsou vlastně převislé petúnie.
    Dávej na sebe pozor, Lindo! 🍨

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the communication posts! They are all true....Great shares.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wise words and pretty blooms. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  63. The thing about introversion and cats is funny. :D

    ReplyDelete
  64. My favourite is "There are hundreds of languages around the world, but a smile speaks them all". :) Have a good day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  65. The movie, "Kate's Secret", sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out on YouTube. Thanks for the suggestion and visits!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Clear communication is such an important part of life. Unfortunately, too often, what is said (or written) and what is heard (or read) can be two different things! Hope the week ahead will be a good one, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  67. In many ways, effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, encourages others to do their best. - Zig Ziglar

    I love Zig Ziglar ... thank you for sharing this one.
    And I love the flower photos.
    xo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  68. I knew the flowers, hurray! I used to grow both red and white begonias. I appreciate the time I spend in your lair. Communication is something we all need to practice and do better, especially when writing emails or texting.

    ReplyDelete
  69. morning dear linda. i have a meeting at 9.30 am-1pm so will be leaving for office in half an hour..had my breakfast at home (just had hard boiled egg today as I plan to start clean eating). for today, i choose this quote: People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude! take care dear linda! loving all your flowers pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  70. I always talk to myself so I know! Lovely pictures of flowers from your walk. This post is full of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hello! I just finished a great book on our words. Great quotes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I liked the Keys to a good relationship. I am thankful that my hubby is a good communicator, I know some husbands don't open up to their wives. You found some lovely flowers on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Lots of thought provoking quotes. My favrite was "There are hundreds of languages around the world, but a smile speaks them all."
    Rock Around the Clock brings back memories. It used to be one of my favorites way back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Kiitos tärkeiden asioiden jakamisesta. Sinulla on ollut kaunis kävelyretki tai niin, että sinä näet kauniita asioita ympärilläsi. Kiitän myös videoista.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I love the quotation from Eleanor Roosevelt. You must spend a lot of time putting together your blog posts. You find so many great quotations and memes and videos. Thank you for the time you spend blogging.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  76. So true! Cats seem to have discovered a secret law of physics—the moment a can opener clicks, they instantly appear from nowhere at impossible speed. A perfect blend of humor and classic feline behavior! 🐱✨

    ReplyDelete
  77. I loved the quotes on communication (and the cat humor!). Thank you for sharing your lovely walk photos and the movie recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I think the first part of communicating is listening.

    ReplyDelete
  79. E' sempre un piacere passare a trovarti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  80. I had to laugh at the can opener meme. I had a couple of cats several years back and one of them only liked dried food and Trader Joe's cat tuna. When I opened the can of tuna I used to sing a little song I made about it and I swear when he heard the song, he came running. :) Have a super week and I hope you're not getting too many several storms.

    ReplyDelete
  81. The quote about quantum cat physics, remind me of my late mother's cat. 😊 Also the sound of oven in the kitchen. The cat would come running even from outside.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Gosto muito de refletir em todas a frases que você posta pra gente querida, inclusive ainda bem que você faz a transcrição de todas elas abaixo da gravura. Assim fica muito mais fácil a compreensão!!
    Eu não assisti o filme que você indicou e estou muito curiosa em poder vê-lo. O tema é atual e pertinente!!
    Grata por tudo e uma linda semana para você Linda!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  83. Linda great post on communication. Very appropriate for all of us. I think the chicken and cat could teach us about communicating (LOL)! Have a good day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Your photos are lovely as are the thoughts on communication!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Communicating is not just talking, it's the art of making yourself understood and, above all, the generous act of knowing how to listen.
    Wise quotes!
    Beautiful flowers and interesting videos.
    A friendly hug and all the best

    ReplyDelete
  86. I'm really trying hard to listen as much as I talk. I think that will help me communicate much better! Thank you for all the great quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  87. Interesting quotes… thought provoking

    ReplyDelete
  88. The lack of communication is the source of so many problems!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Such a wonderful post, Linda, I enjoyed all the quotes and the pictures.
    Many greetings

    ReplyDelete
  90. This is so true: "People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude." - John C. Maxwell
    Some people are better speakers than others, and some are better at listening than others. Very few people can do both.
    Have a nice day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  91. I like this theme of communication, Linda. A lot of wisdom hiding behind the cuteness.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  92. Have a good day and thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Servus Linda, besonders deine Katenposts finde ich so humorvoll.
    Katzen sind eigenwillig und sehr klug.
    LG aus Wien

    ReplyDelete
  94. That chicken and cat are hilarious. That cat is sure trying hard to cluck:)
    Wonderful memes as always. Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
  95. I'm an introvert but will talk about animals in general. lol Blessings and best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  96. I especially love cats, I have 3 of them, and I also love walks by the sea. Best regards from Croatia. LP

    ReplyDelete
  97. Love the quotes on communication living with teens as I do. I don't know if my hearing is going slightly but I often need to ask them to repeat what they're saying sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  98. As always, great quotes. And thanks for the movie recommendation too!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Warm reflections fill this post with gentle reminders about slowing down, reaching out, and staying connected, and the peaceful mix of quotes, flower photos, and sweet videos creates a soothing moment that pairs beautifully with your message about making space for meaningful communication.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Muy de acuerdo con todo lo que nos dices, me encantaron todas las citas. Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  101. life moves so quickly, and it's important to pause and enjoy the little things...

    ReplyDelete
  102. so many quotes about communication

    ReplyDelete
  103. Good communication is something i believe strongly about. It's not all about the method but the effort.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Life, and our Beautiful Planet Earth

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...