Family friendly personal blog. A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Sunday, August 23, 2026
Life, and our Beautiful Planet Earth
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!
You don't have a cat? This is your lucky day! I'm moving in! :)
The cat owns the house. That's why the word homeowner has meow in it. :)
I love cats
There is not enough room in your mind for both worry and faith. You must decide which ones get to live there.
Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside.
Be gentle with yourself. You're doing the best you can.
If I can survive the war that I battle with myself, I can survive anything.
Worrying is like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain.
Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.
Take risks and conquer your fears.
Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - T.S. Eliot
No sound is so pure, so exhilarating, so refreshing, so infectious, so inspiring as the unrestrained laughter of a child. - Polly Schack
Humility is the greatest quality that man can have, and arrogance is undoubtedly the worst.
Biodiversity can't be maintained by protecting a few species in a zoo, or by preserving greenbelts or national parks. To function properly, nature needs more room than that. It can maintain itself, however, without human expense, without zookeepers, park rangers, foresters or gene banks. All it needs is to be left alone.
- Donella Meadows
The death of the forest is the end of our life. - Dorothy Stang
Small acts matter. The earth heals a little every time you rescue a life. Compassion in action.
Defend the helpless. When you defend a helpless life, you defend what's good in humanity. Earth's gentle giants.
When we honor the earth we honor everything that matters.
Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference. - Jane Goodall
We were never meant to live life accumulating stuff. We were meant to live simply enjoying the experiences of life, the people of life and the journey of life - not the things of life. - Joshua Becker
The following photos are my own, my I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view.
The Montreal SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
Not sure what type of flower it is, I just found it pretty.
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)
Golden Retriever accidentally teaches 3 orphan goslings to fly :) (The Dodo)
A bored dog is just a dog who needs a job (The Dodo)
Flint Hill Special (1954) - Roy Clark
There's a kind of hush - Carpenters
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life, and our Beautiful Planet Earth
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me here. I really app...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for stopping by today! Here are today's picks,...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time to come and visit me here. I rea...





















We were never meant to live life accumulating stuff. We were meant to live simply enjoying the experiences of life, the people of life and the journey of life - not the things of life. - Joshua Becker
ReplyDeleteThis is what I am striving for.
God bless.
ReplyDeleteWe were never meant to live life accumulating stuff. We were meant to live simply enjoying the experiences of life, the people of life and the journey of life - not the things of life. - Joshua Becker
Yes!! I also like the meow in homeowners.
Thank you for another bright light in my day and for your visit.
ReplyDeleteWe had a wonderful calico years ago and now several cat visit us, but none seem interested in moving in.
ReplyDeleteLOL! That first cat meme made me laugh! Linda, that flower is indeed very pretty. It looks like a variety of Japanese rose. Have a great week ahead, Linda!
ReplyDeleteYour cat memes are always so cute! I hope you have a kitty or three or four in your life XD
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed all the videos. Karen Carpenter's death was such a tragic loss to music.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy the cat memes! I love cats and your memes always make me smile.
ReplyDeleteI really like the one about faith and worry at the beginning - that's so true and a great reminder.
I love murals and the dog mural is a nice one.
Once again, your post isn't up on my feed yet. It's so frustrating!
Clever posters! I’m afraid we do need rangers and foresters because some human beings do not follow the rules.
ReplyDeleteSo many enjoyable quotes and other things ❤️ The "take risks" picture with the sparrows is so cute I think I'll take it with me 😊
ReplyDeleteHumility - arrogance, hmm. . . neither one is good in excess.
What a pretty picture on biodiversity !
Elephants - Earth's gentle giants 🩶 🐘
Have a pleasant week, Linda dearest !
So many great quotes today. The best is the laughter of a child and the dog with the baby goslings.
ReplyDeleteIt’s so great that you have something like the SPCA!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful flower!
You’ve once again chosen such wonderful, interesting quotes and words of wisdom—thank you!
Wishing you a happy week, hugs, Elke
Dear Linda, thank you for your 3 photos. We have SPCA here also. We must really prevent cruelty to animals. 🙏🏻
ReplyDeleteThe cat owns the house! So true. Just the other day I wrote that my cat is my master, not the other way around.
ReplyDeleteHa! I never thought of "meow" being embedded in "homeowner" before.
ReplyDeleteafternoon greetings from kuala lumpur! It has been hot and sunny for the last few days... scorching hot. The temperature is 37-38C! For today, I choose this quote: If I can survive the war that I battle with myself, I can survive anything... " Take care, dear Linda!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!: "Create a life that feels good on the inside, not one that just looks good on the outside."
ReplyDeleteWise quotes for hard times, dear friend Linda.
ReplyDeleteAnd the Laughs Gag and Dodos!
Much love and brrrrr...warm hugs on the way.
I love all the memes, they keep me thinking as to how correct most of them are. That mural is gorgeous and the pretty flower.
ReplyDeleteThe videos are nice to watch, Linda.
Wonderful words & quotes:) Love them all.
ReplyDeleteThank you for shring.
"Meow" is indeed a part of homeowner- small wonder, the cat is self-inviting itself and plans to takeover the home saying that it's your lucky day!
Meow. You post didn't pop up until just now for me, but I knew that it would showup sometime.
ReplyDeleteEpic graphics and quotes, we adore the ginger kitten, of course mew can move in immediately!!! MOL Happy Monday!!!🐾✨😻✨🐾
ReplyDeleteLooking after our sons cat's last week and then seeing your first two cat memes made me smile. Thank you for sharing the wise words, sayings and photos this week.
ReplyDeleteLovely quotes and pictures, Linda. I can see it's a rose :)
ReplyDelete"Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference". - Jane Goodall
ReplyDeleteEven if it's small differences, they can add up with such a lot of people. She told us (at that evening I mentioned before) never to lose hope and not to think that what we do as individuals isn't worth anything.
Beautiful quotes again, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI prefer the one below.
Modesty is the greatest virtue a person can possess, and arrogance is undoubtedly the worst.
What beautiful photos you have taken, the photo of the dog mural is truly amazing.
I wish you a nice week.
All the best, Irma
Oh this is so true, Linda..."There is not enough room in your mind for both worry and faith. You must decide which ones get to live there." It is easy to worry, so I know this can be difficult, but the peace is so wonderful when we let faith direct our lives.
ReplyDeleteI hope you're dong well.
That first picture is exactly what happened to me! LOL. Love the SPCA doggy picture!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed this post very much, have a nice day and week.
ReplyDeleteSo much truth in the memes here today! Thanks, Linda!
ReplyDeleteA lot of European countries are currently bringing stricter laws against cruelty to animals. Half of my region is currently burning down in wildfires and I am constantly thinking of all the poor animals who are dying or losing their habitat. Hope our dictator will be prosecuted one day for it.
ReplyDeleteI miss Karen Carpenter. It is always a fun and very sweet visit here!! Happy new week to you!! xo
ReplyDeleteCats sure do act as if they own us :D
ReplyDeleteI also like "Let your Faith be greater than your fears"!
Have a great week!
Titulas el articulo "la vida y nuestro hermoso planeta" algo que creo sería aun mas hermoso si seguiríamos los consejos de las magnificas frases que nos dejas.
ReplyDeleteTus fotos muy especiales con ese mural de la protectora y la flor.
Los videos de la broma y de los perros me encantaron.
Saludos.
Good morning, my dear Linda. My wishes for a new week.
ReplyDeleteIt is very hot here in Greece and summer is always here.
I have lived with cats in my first house as a child, and I love them. Now we have ou dog and cats around the neighboorhood.
My best regards.
Bom dia, Linda
ReplyDeleteGostei da frase: "Não há espaço suficiente em sua mente para preocupação e fé ao mesmo tempo. Você precisa decidir quais delas terão espaço." A fé em Deus anima a vida. O primeiro vídeo é muito engraçado. Beijos, querida.
I like that mural
ReplyDeleteI think I need a no vacancy sign to put at the doors. Cats keep thinking I have room.
ReplyDeleteThe first two memes had me laughing out loud, Linda. So true! And I have always loved Roy Clark and the Carpenters, too. Thanks for blessing us today!
ReplyDeleteI love all the inspiring words. I love the dog mural and your pretty flower.
ReplyDeleteTake care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.
Beautiful post filled with positive messages. Well done.
ReplyDeleteI linked this post to Awww Mondays.
Have a fabulous day and week, Linda. ♥
I wish I had more control over my worrying!
ReplyDeleteKnowing that rain will fall, one should be prepared with an umbrella but don't have to carry it all the time. I never realized that homeowner had meow in it; that's very clever!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful mural, Linda!
ReplyDeleteStrange as always, dear friend! You get my smile!
Lie(f)s.
The one about a cat owning a house I am sending to my friend right now :)))))
ReplyDeleteFor me personally the most appealing is the one about the umbrella and waiting for the rain.
Nothing like a good dose of inspiration on a Monday!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful inspirations. Life wouldn't make sense without nature, animals, and of course, cats <3
ReplyDeleteYou don't have a cat? This is your lucky day! I'm moving in. Heh heh now that's a great picture and text. Thanks Linda.
ReplyDeleteThe friendly cat at the door in the first meme was a perfect way to start my day!
ReplyDeleteBe gentle with yourself. You're doing the best you can.
ReplyDeleteThe above spoke to me today Linda, thank you!!
xo
So many nice memes and photos. Thanks, Linda and have a great day.
ReplyDeleteYou always have the best inspirational images, Linda! And yes, the cat distribution system works in mysterious ways. 😉
ReplyDeleteHappy Monday
ReplyDeleteI am at 35 on the linky
Much love
Já estou preparada para receber o gatinho laranja em minha casa!!
ReplyDeleteO mural de cachorros é lindíssimo!! Adorei!!
Linda semana querida Linda!! :))))
I love this so much. I always learn a lot from your posts. And that first picture of that cat, "You don't have a cat?"...is just pure joy. I am truly learning about the joys (and some challenges) of having a cat in our lives. I never thought it would happen! But I'm thankful it has. I hope you have a lovely week.
ReplyDelete