Family friendly personal blog. A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Sunday, September 20, 2026
Never give up!
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you all so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. (there is now a clock on my blog so that you can see the current Montreal time)
If you are looking for an alternative way (or a backup) to follow blogs, here are a few suggestions.
You can follow me by email. (I only post twice a week). (the email option is at the top right column of my blog). Or...you can click on any one of the following links/websites. If you use Feedly or The Old Reader, or Inoreader you can add other blogs that you wish to follow, including mine, and you will be updated when any new posts appear. Having a backup is a good idea to keep up with your friends and readers. They are all free to use! I hope this helps you all!
Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!
Tiny paws leave the biggest imprints on hearts.
Good morning!
Southern-style hamburger steak
1 pound ground beef, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 cup beef broth, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Never, ever give up!
Don't give up when dark times come. The more storms you face in life, the stronger you'll be. Hold on. Your greater is coming. - Germany Kent
Bright Drops
Never give up! Reach inside! Give it all you got! As long as you're alive you can keep on trying! Never give up! Discover how strong you are! Don't let anyone or anything bring you down! Instead be someone who lifts others up by not giving up and inspiring others with all you've achieved! Never give up! - Karen Salmansohn
The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost
Never quit and you will never lose.
It's never too late to be what you might have been. - George Eliot
Everyone has bad days. Don't give up. Pause. Rest. Reset. Restart. But never quit. Always pick yourself up and keep going.
You can't give your life more time, so give the time you have left more life.
When you fall, get right back up. Just keep going, keep pushing it. - Lindsey Vonn
Reader's Digest
The only limits you have are the limits you believe. - Wayne Dyer
Even small positive shifts in thinking create huge results if you are consistent in your efforts. - Nanette Mathews
Keep going, don't look back, and if you have an idea, just do it; no one is going to wait for you or tell you what to do. - Autumn Peter
The only way to have a life is to commit to it like crazy. - Angelina Jolie
When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: either there will be ground to stand on or you will be given wings to fly. - O.R. Melling
Goodnight. Sleep well and sweet dreams. :)
The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. This first photo is of some lovely petunias. I just love the different colours. You can click on any image to see a larger view.
This is a drawing/sketch done by a little girl. The restaurant owner has it framed and proudly displayed in his restaurant. The little dog is actually a drawing of his poodle, whose name is Red! I thought it was sweet and beautiful and asked the restaurant owner if I could take a photo of it. He said, "Sure!" So here it is. :)
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) Enjoy! :)
Sleepy Mexican Gray Wolf Pup :) (Wolf Conservation Center)
Hummingbird waits outside the window for his favorite guy :) (The Dodo)
Words - The Bee Gees (The Ed Sullivan Show)
If teardrops were pennies (1973) - Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Never give up!
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you all so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit ...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come and v...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! Thank you so much for visiting me here! I really appreciate the time you take to come here. Here are...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come and...



















Such cute little kittens at the top.
ReplyDeleteI like all the thoughts on never giving up - so good to be reminded of that!
The hamburger steaks look very good, I've saved that.
I love the little girls drawing!
...Linda, you have a fabulous collection of positive thoughts this evening. I wish you a wonderful week ahead, take care and be well.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great theme today. I needed it. I loved all the quotes. I also love the hamburger steak recipe. I love that recipe.
ReplyDeleteI feel like that Mexican Gray Wolf Pup right now :-)
ReplyDeleteLove those petunias and all the positive messages. Have a great week, Linda!
ReplyDeleteThat is a sweet drawing.
ReplyDeleteSuch a wholesome post, needed this today! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLove the hummingbird video.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Oh my goodness these quotes go right in line with what I've been thinking and feeling. Even our Sunday lesson at church today - same theme. I appreciate the positive memes you share!
ReplyDeleteI love tiny paws too and they do leave 'huge' imprints on my floor as well as my heart!
ReplyDeleteLove that sketch 😍
ReplyDeleteIt's so important that we never give up. Easier days will certainly come.
ReplyDeleteThat sleepy wolf cub is so cute!
So true about tiny paws having biggest imprints on heart :-) Thank you, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI went to the Blogger reading list, quel shock - there was NOTHING there! Well, I tried again, and everything reappeared, your blog on top !
ReplyDeleteYour blog is such a Safe Haven 🩵
The orange clock is beautiful, we used to have one just like it 🍊
🐾 Tiny paws, how cute.
Thanks for sharing great quotes on keep going and never give up, Linda. Love the different colors of petunias.
ReplyDeleteThe little drawing of Red the poodle is as sweet as it can be. Not giving up is especially important in our house since Alice joined us. Alice has had such a hard life, but Princess and I won't give up on making her part of our little family.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
What beautiful colors on those petunias! Have a great week, Linda!
ReplyDelete¡Hola!
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias por las lindas frases.
Te mando un fuerte abrazo.
Excelente inicio de semana.
Sometimes, "never give up" just seems too hard.
ReplyDeleteMy Blooger reader came back. I'm so glad. It would be difficult with my one eye and bad hand to figure out a new reader for all my blogs right now. Commenting again is about all I can handle--lol! :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic post. It’s packed with interesting things—you can draw a lot of inspiration from it.
ReplyDeleteDear Linda, wonderful inspirations today. Thank you! The little girl's drawing is adorable and I love petunias! Thanks for sharing the Dolly Parton video. She is missed. Have a beautiful week!!
ReplyDeleteYour orange clock is so cheerful!
ReplyDeleteAs always, the quotations chosen by you are very interesting, even though this time I would like to claim that sometimes giving up (and finding something new) can be wise.
Thank you very much for your suggestions for alternative ways to follow blogs!
Have a happy new week, Linda!
Coucou !
ReplyDeleteMerci pour toute cette bienveillance et ces citations qui reboostent le moral !
Bonne journée Linda
Hello Linda, what a heartwarming post: I especially enjoyed the little girl's drawing of Red the poodle and the colourful petunias. Thank you for the encouraging quotes and for sharing your walks in Montreal, and have a lovely week!
ReplyDeleteWow! 14 hours the difference in time Linda (we are ahead), soon we change our clocks 1 hour ahead and that will make it 15 hours the different - amazing. Love your clock, looks cool.
ReplyDeleteMemes and quotes are good, always enjoy reading them as many leave me thinking. Loved the videos, all of them which I did watch and your petunia photo, lovely, Linda.
Hi Linda! I want to eat the Southern Style Hamburger Steak! It looks delicious. I love all the cat memes and inspiring quotes. I wish you a lovely week ahead!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful quotes, Linda.
ReplyDelete"Never give up", that is a positive message.
The kittens are really cute.
All the best, Irma
afternoon greetings from kuala lumpur. i have just arrived back from my hometown. i'm working from home today but will be very busy tomorrow as I'm attending a conference. for today, i choose this quote: Don't give up when dark times come. The more storms you face in life, the stronger you'll be. Hold on. Your greater is coming...take care dear linda
ReplyDeleteFinally, I can see Blogger updates again and get back to visiting the friends I follow.
ReplyDelete"You can't give your life more time, so give the time you have left more life."
I chose this quote because, at this stage of my life, I think much more about how I use my time. Returning to your blog and to the other friends I follow is a good way of making the most of some of it.
A big hug
Thank you for the encouraging thoughts, but I like your own photos the most. Have a nice week!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the frog stangling the pelican also makes me laugh! Just love it - never give up!
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty petunias you photographed!
The drawing is amazing! She'll be an artist!
Beautiful songs!
Have a lovely week!
The painting of the restaurant is sweet. Great quotes and videos, and even an interesting recipe!
ReplyDeleteThat painting of the restaurant is so sweet. Great quotes and videos, and even an interesting recipe!
Thanks for your suggestions, and have a good week! Hugs, Elke
Sometimes giving up bring peace...
ReplyDeleteBut it depend of the context ;)
Have a lovely and shinny week !
Anna
I scrolled through but my brain was stuck on the hamburger steaks. Those looked so good
ReplyDeleteYes, dear friend Linda, to never giving up and making the way through.
ReplyDeleteOh, your flowers and that framed picture!
Ohh and the hummingbird!
Much love and warm hugs on the way!
The petunias are pretty.
ReplyDeleteGood theme about sticking with it and pushing forward.
ReplyDeleteNunca podemos desistir...Seguir em frente sempre!
ReplyDeletebeijos, linda semana, chica
love the never give up theme! It's easy to do when things are going great but when there are challenges in life it's a nice reminder.
ReplyDeletethe message about not giving up is such a good reminder, especially because life does not always go according to plan and sometimes we simply need to keep moving forward one small step at a time
ReplyDeletethere is such a nice mix of encouragement, simple moments and little things that can make an ordinary day feel brighter...
Animals really are the best companions! Thank you for the lovely boost of inspiration today, and the adorable faces.🐱🐾
ReplyDeleteThis time, the favorite is Never, ever give up!...
ReplyDeleteYou always have the best blog.
ReplyDeleteGreat positive quotes, I love the "never give up", very inspiring. Have a wonderful day, Linda.
ReplyDeleteGreat watch! It’s 2:43 PM here right now. No, you mustn't give up, even though it’s tempting sometimes. You just have to keep fighting. Have a wonderful day, dear Linda!
ReplyDeleteA most beautiful and uplifting post. Wow.
ReplyDeleteI linked this post to Awww Mondays.
Have a fabulous day and week, Linda. ♥
Los gatitos de la segunda foto están como para comérselos y son una preciosidad. Y tal como nos dices en la mayoría de tus frases siempre hay que ir hacia adelante y no rendirse.
ReplyDeleteEl dibujo de la niña es genial.
El video de la broma si que parece raro que en poco tiempo haga el nido y ponga tantos huevos el ave. En el video de los hermanos Gees para mi están irreconocibles.
Saludos.
My mom's favorite was the Never Give Up poem. ❤️
ReplyDeleteLinda,
ReplyDeleteI don't have any pets but the quotes with kittens are sweet. I especially like the first one. :) I also enjoyed all of the inspirational quotes you shared and the that gag video was good. I liked that you closed things off with music. When the Bee Gees started I was too young to remember them but I do recall this song "Words". They certainly were different in their early years. It was the disco era that I remember their music the most. Good ole Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton, two legendary country artists from my youth. I remember watching them perform on the televised Grand Ole Opry show. We had the privilege a few years ago to do a backstage pass at the Grand Ole Opry which was a lot of fun which then got us to wanting to see a show there, so we did. We decided to go at Christmas time and loved it!
I'm visiting from Aww Mondays. Have a blessed week!
Your petunias are SO PRETTY!! That girl's drawing of Red is beyond precious! Thanks always for the wisdom you always find for us!! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this post! 🐻❄️🐻
ReplyDeleteDear Linda, the drawing of the 🐶🐕 by the little girl is so nice. Thank you for sharing it. Is the little girl related to the restaurant owner?
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, I also like the purple flowers, pink flowers and white flowers in your photo. Beautiful ❤️😍
ReplyDeleteDear Linda, the recipe for the hamburger steak looks like it needs many ingredients. Do you make them?
ReplyDeleteOh, your added clock is a analog clock ⌚⏰
ReplyDeleteMay I request a digital clock too? Easier for me to read the time 😂
The hamburger steak recipe sounds delicious. I can't wait to try it.
ReplyDeleteEncouraging thoughts about not giving up. Love the pretty petunias.
ReplyDeleteLinda this was wonderful about never giving up...sometimes when we have challenges it is easy to want to quit instead of pushing ahead. Bless you for such an encouraging post...adore those "Tiny Paws". How true! Ah no one can sing like Dolly Parton and the Bee Gees took me back in time. Have a great week. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteIt's true about the limits, they are mostly in our minds.
ReplyDeleteJe loupe systématiquement la cuisson des hamburgers...mais je n'abandonnerais jamais ! jamais ! JAMAIS !! Bonne semaine Linda !
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers, sweet drawing, dear Linda!
ReplyDeleteFantastic gag!
Lie(f)s.
Beautiful and wise quotes!
ReplyDeleteI especially liked "Never give up!" Yes, I believe we should never give up, and with strength and perseverance, we will certainly achieve our dreams.
Colorful and beautiful petunias.
Excellent choice of videos.
I enjoyed listening to Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton again.
Have a great week
I love the positivity--bad days are normal but our attitudes can make them bearable. Sometimes we can learn from them.
ReplyDeleteI usually add all of the blogs to a folder on my laptop and keep track of all the blogs I follow that way. lol
ReplyDeleteCitazini foto e filmati molto divertenti.
ReplyDeleteDolce-notte, un abbraccio
enrico
Como eu amo as suas postagens querida Linda!!
ReplyDeleteElas me dão força para prosseguir, pra não desistir...
Tem dias que as coisas pesam, que o fardo fica muito pesado...
O caminho mais fácil seria desistir, mas ainda há vida para viver...
Grata pelas palavras de apoio e mensagens edificantes.
Beijos!
Hello Linda
ReplyDeleteI hope the new week has started well for you.
Your post was full of encouraging thoughts about not giving up.
Your photograph of the petunias show such lovely colours.
All the best Jan
Thank you for your inspirational post :)
ReplyDeleteYes, little paws are the sweetest!
ReplyDeleteSiempre hay que seguir adelante. Te deseo una buena semana. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteLike the 3 kittens and the frog best. Funny.
ReplyDeleteThe story behind that little girl's sketch and your interaction with the restaurant owner brought a lump to my throat, in a good way. :D I never get enough of such sweet stories, so thank you for sharing. Blessings and well wishes to you, my dear.
ReplyDeleteThat Southern hamburger steak sounds good, always like new ways to use ground beef :) Great positive post on not giving up.
ReplyDeleteThe flowers you took picture of are so pretty. That is neat he hung the picture that little girl drew :)