Family friendly personal blog.
A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Sunday, October 4, 2026
Autumn Joy
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 pm Montreal time (clock is on the right hand sidebar)
For an alternative or backup way to follow blogs...
You can follow me by email. (I only post twice a week). (the email option is at the top right column of my blog). Or...you can click on any one of the following links/websites. If you use Feedly or The Old Reader, or Inoreader you can add other blogs that you wish to follow, including mine, and you will be updated when any new posts appear. Having a backup is a good idea to keep up with your friends and readers. They are all free to use! I hope this helps you all!
Here are today's picks, which I hope will help brighten your day!
Every treat you take. Every fish you bake. Every bag you shake I'll be watching you! :)
I was diagnosed with a grouch complex. Deal with it. :)
Life takes you down many paths. My favourite one leads to a pot of tea.
Breakwater Edge Tea
Golden apple crisp (1950s style)
Ingredients: 4 cups peeled, sliced apples, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, softened, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions: 1. place apples in a greased baking dish.
2. Mix sugar, oats, flour, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
3. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes until golden.
4. Serve warm - perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
How beautiful it is to find someone who asks for nothing but your company.
I Love Dogs
Cleaning tip: Put on a playlist you love, light a candle and pretend you're cozying up your little cottage - it makes tidying so much more fun.
Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.
You can't change someone who doesn't see an issue with their actions. You can only change how you respond to them.
Sometimes, not opening your mouth is the best.
Sometimes the wisest choice is simply to let go. Stop chasing closure. Stop asking why. Stop expecting others to understand. Just let go and feel the calm that follows.
Intrepid Quips
The same rain that hurts the ice cream seller helps the umbrella seller. Not every day was made to favor you. And that's okay.
Smile! It's a free therapy. :)
Moochie Matcha
Every season has purpose. Every step has a plan. Hold on to hope, beautiful things are ahead.
Your Hope Dealer Jewel Lee
Be generous with kindness. You never know how deeply someone may need it.
Learning and Exploring through Play
I get by with a little help from my friends. :)
I bee leaf in you. (I believe in you)
Fun fact: "was it a car or a cat I saw" is the only full English sentence that, when read in reverse, will be the same! (a sentence palindrome!!!)
Good night. Sleep tight. :)
The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone. This was a beautiful sunset!!! You can click on any image to see a larger view.
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)
Spoiled tortoise gets the ultimate spa day thanks to his mom :) (The Dodo)
Dad talks through all of life's problems with his dog...as he should :) (The Dodo)
Clog dance - Andre Rieu
Ticket to ride - The Beatles
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Apple crisp - yum! I haven't made it for some time and I think I need to make it again. I love to tidy up with a candle burning and music playing, so I appreciate that tip. There is something about a grumpy cat, isn't there? Pretty sky pics Linda. Thanks for another great post!
The video with the dog so sweet. Now I have that song in my head...I sang it as I read it. Fun fact - spelled backwards - that's crazy. The fish one with keeping mouth shut is a good one!
"You can't change someone who doesn't see an issue with their actions. You can only change how you respond to them." I have one person in mind that I should send this too!!! Luckily I have learned over the years to ignore them!
Happy Sunday, Linda. Your posts always bring a smile to my day. The little grumpy cat is the cutest! The sunset photos are wonderful- the clouds and soft pinks. Have a blessed and wonderful week. Hugs.
Every treat you take -- it doesn't have to be a special treat. It can be the tiniest morsel of food and Princess & Alice are fascinated by it. Now I have Apple Crisp on the brain and I can only make it go away by preparing the recipe. That's a delicious solution to a problem.
The pictures, the quotes, the wisdom - I love everything ❤️
This is very good advice that saves our time and nerves: "Sometimes the wisest choice is simply to let go. Stop chasing closure. Stop asking why. Stop expecting others to understand." 🍎
Yes, I can take away so much for the day, and your sunset photos are so beautiful. Your videos are fun too. The recipe is so delicious! Thank you so much, dear Linda, for your effort, and have a good week. Hugs, Elke
Afternoon Monday greetings from Kuala Lumpur! I have 3-hour classes today; I just finished the first one. For today, I chose this quote: Life takes you down many paths. My favorite one leads to a pot of tea! TQ for ur suggestion about my blog setting loading. The problem is, I'm not sure how to change the setting. I need to explore it or ask my son to help later. thanks again for your observation and thoughtfulness! i know u need to use translation function as i write my blog in my native language..thanks once again!
Sad as it is, dear friend Linda... I think I follow your advice I let go of my Brother´s quirky ways. It hurts, but reckon that´s part of the progress. And I bet I give in when (not if) he returns. I am dumb. Love the rain-quote - And the animal-videos. Have a great start to the week, dear friend Linda - warm hugs and love on the way.
Hello Linda, These are wonderful quotes again. This one really resonates with me, because we have experienced this ourselves.
Sometimes letting go is the wisest choice. Stop chasing a solution. Stop wondering why. Stop expecting others to understand. Just let go and feel the peace that follows.
Beautiful sunset photos. I wish you a lovely week. All the best, Irma
Goodmorning Linda, I can log in on blogspot again. Yeah! Last week I only could without a name :( Life takes you down many paths. My favourite one leads to a pot of coffee. Coffee is a real pleasure for me. Have a great week!
Ah a pot of tea or coffee is always welcome! Eheh so true, sometimes keeping our mouth shut is the best! I loved the AI image of the squrrels in the glass pumpkin <3 Have a great week!
“Life takes you down many paths. My favourite one leads to a pot of tea.”
I chose this one because it made me smile. A pot of tea is a destination I would happily choose, especially on a cool autumn day. Your sunset photos are beautiful too; I would also have taken several pictures before those colours disappeared. A big hug
Al segundo de los gatos parece que no le salieron bien las cosas por la cara de enfado que tiene. Las otras frases como siempre muy buenas. Una bella puesta de solo aunque ya se nota ese cielo invernal.
Gracias Linda por tu buen hacer, ya que valoro mucho el trabajo que conlleva el elaborar este tipo de entradas. Por lo que te felicito ya que siempre consigues tu objetivo de alegrarnos el día, y he disfrutado mucho tanto de las citas, vídeos y recomendaciones. Un cordial saludo, amiga.
Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda. O Parque Estadual dos Três Picos é muito lindo. A minha reflexão preferida é "Não deixe que o comportamento dos destrua sua paz interior ". Uma excelente manhã de segunda-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
This is a good reminder..."The same rain that hurts the ice cream seller helps the umbrella seller. Not every day was made to favor you. And that's okay" The colors in your sunset photos are so pretty, Linda.
Great free cats' therapy is gorgeous. :) The wisest today in my opinion : "You can't change someone who doesn't see an issue with their actions. You can only change how you respond to them.". :)
Man kann jemanden nicht ändern, der sein Verhalten nicht als problematisch einsieht. Man kann lediglich die eigene Reaktion darauf ändern. Das war heute mein Lieblingszitat.
Realmente eu amo uma xícara de chá emuito obrigada pela recita de preparo!! Também amo gatos, principalmente os maus humorados...rsrs E também amo os cães que tem o olhar mais doce do mundo!! Grata por essas imagens de serenidade Linda!! Beijos e uma ótima semana!! :)))))
The one about the same rain helping the umbrella seller is a good one. And a clog dance by André Rieu, that's about as Dutch as it gets, even though I haven't seen anyone in clogs for years. Your apple crisp looks a lot like what we'd call appeltaart with a crumble top.
Tolik dobrých rad, Lindo! Díky. Dobrý je recept na jablkový koláč, víš, kolik lidí to vyzkouší ? Líbí se mi, jak táta probírá život se svým pejsánkem. A moc se mi líbí dřevákový tanec André Rieu! Přeji úspěšný nový týden, Lindo.
Hello Linda, I did enjoy seeing your sunset skies. Another great selection of memes and quotations. One I really enjoyed was "Life takes you down many paths. My favourite one leads to a pot of tea." ... and I was out with a friend for a walk earlier ending at a cafe and a very nice pot of tea :)
If apple crisp has oats and brown sugar in the topping, I'm all in! The more the better! My black cat watches me every time I go into the kitchen. Just in case there is dairy involved.
Olá, Linda, para quem gosta dos animais como eu gosto, esta sua postagem foi muito oportuna. Parabéns, amiga! Uma ótima semana, com muita paz. Abraços!
afternoon greetings from kuala lumpur..yes, i have changed my blogpost setting to make it one post for one page. thanks for your guide. for today, i choose this quote: Sometimes the wisest choice is simply to let go. Stop chasing closure. Stop asking why. Stop expecting others to understand. Just let go and feel the calm that follows....take care dear linda
The picture of the grumpy cat ( that's the second photo) amuses me no end. Does a cat exist that looks so disgusted and angry)? I like the Clog dance. That Andre Rieu is quite a talented man.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.
It may have "diagnosed with a grouch complex. Deal with it. :)." That might be, but grouches are allowed here, life to short to deal with grouches!
ReplyDeleteSnug and raw was I ere I saw war and guns. One of many palindromic sentences. I think the shortest is Madam I'm Adam!
ReplyDeleteIt should be an ampersand there, but I forgot!
DeleteThank you Linda for the 3 photos of the beautiful sunset with shades of pastel light colours of pink, purple and blue. Have a good week ahead! 💕 ☺️
ReplyDeleteI like that grouchy cat!
ReplyDeleteApple crisp - yum! I haven't made it for some time and I think I need to make it again.
ReplyDeleteI love to tidy up with a candle burning and music playing, so I appreciate that tip.
There is something about a grumpy cat, isn't there?
Pretty sky pics Linda. Thanks for another great post!
The video with the dog so sweet. Now I have that song in my head...I sang it as I read it. Fun fact - spelled backwards - that's crazy. The fish one with keeping mouth shut is a good one!
ReplyDelete"You can't change someone who doesn't see an issue with their actions. You can only change how you respond to them." I have one person in mind that I should send this too!!! Luckily I have learned over the years to ignore them!
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday, Linda. Your posts always bring a smile to my day. The little grumpy cat is the cutest! The sunset photos are wonderful- the clouds and soft pinks. Have a blessed and wonderful week. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteEvery treat you take -- it doesn't have to be a special treat. It can be the tiniest morsel of food and Princess & Alice are fascinated by it. Now I have Apple Crisp on the brain and I can only make it go away by preparing the recipe. That's a delicious solution to a problem.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
I do like crisp, with scoop of vanilla ice cream.
ReplyDeleteŚwietne!
ReplyDeleteI love the little woodland creatures in the glass pumpkin! I must send that to my sister.
ReplyDeleteThere's another full sentence in English which reads the same in reverse as well -- "Madam, I'm Adam."
The pictures, the quotes, the wisdom - I love everything ❤️
ReplyDeleteThis is very good advice that saves our time and nerves:
"Sometimes the wisest choice is simply to let go. Stop chasing closure. Stop asking why. Stop expecting others to understand." 🍎
The clog dance was interesting. I like all the quotes today.
ReplyDeleteYes, I can take away so much for the day, and your sunset photos are so beautiful. Your videos are fun too. The recipe is so delicious!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, dear Linda, for your effort, and have a good week. Hugs, Elke
Wise advice! Thank you, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI'm still smiling at the "Sometimes, not opening your mouth is the best." That's clever.
ReplyDeleteAfternoon Monday greetings from Kuala Lumpur! I have 3-hour classes today; I just finished the first one. For today, I chose this quote: Life takes you down many paths. My favorite one leads to a pot of tea! TQ for ur suggestion about my blog setting loading. The problem is, I'm not sure how to change the setting. I need to explore it or ask my son to help later. thanks again for your observation and thoughtfulness! i know u need to use translation function as i write my blog in my native language..thanks once again!
ReplyDeleteYour sunset capture is beautiful! And I love the bee-leaf image :)
ReplyDeleteSad as it is, dear friend Linda... I think I follow your advice I let go of my Brother´s quirky ways. It hurts, but reckon that´s part of the progress.
ReplyDeleteAnd I bet I give in when (not if) he returns. I am dumb.
Love the rain-quote - And the animal-videos.
Have a great start to the week, dear friend Linda - warm hugs and love on the way.
Beautiful photos
ReplyDeleteThat first cat meme made me laugh :) Your sunset photos are gorgeous! Have a wonderful week, Linda ♥
ReplyDeleteMerci Linda pour cet article très agréable à découvrir.
ReplyDeleteBonne journée.
What a nice post, as usual! So many things to think about, so much joy! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteHello Linda,
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful quotes again.
This one really resonates with me, because we have experienced this ourselves.
Sometimes letting go is the wisest choice. Stop chasing a solution. Stop wondering why. Stop expecting others to understand. Just let go and feel the peace that follows.
Beautiful sunset photos.
I wish you a lovely week.
All the best, Irma
Goodmorning Linda, I can log in on blogspot again. Yeah! Last week I only could without a name :(
ReplyDeleteLife takes you down many paths. My favourite one leads to a pot of coffee. Coffee is a real pleasure for me.
Have a great week!
Hi Linda! The sidebar in my blog now updates and I hope it stays that way. The sunset that you captured is lovely!
ReplyDeleteAh a pot of tea or coffee is always welcome!
ReplyDeleteEheh so true, sometimes keeping our mouth shut is the best!
I loved the AI image of the squrrels in the glass pumpkin <3
Have a great week!
“Life takes you down many paths. My favourite one leads to a pot of tea.”
ReplyDeleteI chose this one because it made me smile. A pot of tea is a destination I would happily choose, especially on a cool autumn day. Your sunset photos are beautiful too; I would also have taken several pictures before those colours disappeared.
A big hug
What gorgeous photos you took!
ReplyDeleteFunny and wise quotes !
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely week !
Anna
Thank you for another mix of wit and wisdom, Linda! xxx
ReplyDeleteI like the one about not opening your mouth. It made me laugh. My daughter just brought me some homemade apple crisp yesterday
ReplyDeleteHello Linda,
ReplyDeleteWonderful inspiring words and cute images.
Your sky images are beautiful.
Take care, Happy Monday. Have a wonderful week!
Al segundo de los gatos parece que no le salieron bien las cosas por la cara de enfado que tiene. Las otras frases como siempre muy buenas.
ReplyDeleteUna bella puesta de solo aunque ya se nota ese cielo invernal.
Saludos.
Very cool :D
ReplyDeleteGracias Linda por tu buen hacer, ya que valoro mucho el trabajo que conlleva el elaborar este tipo de entradas.
ReplyDeletePor lo que te felicito ya que siempre consigues tu objetivo de alegrarnos el día, y he disfrutado mucho tanto de las citas, vídeos y recomendaciones.
Un cordial saludo, amiga.
visiting here always brings a smile, thank you!
ReplyDeleteBom dia minha querida amiga Linda. O Parque Estadual dos Três Picos é muito lindo. A minha reflexão preferida é "Não deixe que o comportamento dos destrua sua paz interior ". Uma excelente manhã de segunda-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure that tip for cleaning actually makes it fun... ha ha ha
ReplyDeleteBelles phrases et tellement vraies ! Et aussi très beaux couchers de soleil , Bravo et Bises de Provence !
ReplyDeleteA lovely sunset.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good reminder..."The same rain that hurts the ice cream seller helps the umbrella seller. Not every day was made to favor you. And that's okay" The colors in your sunset photos are so pretty, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI like the one with the fish and not opening your mouth.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
ReplyDeleteTeż czasami mam taki zrzędliwy kompleks.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous sky!!! I am staring at a bowl of apples on my table and thinking that there maybe be an apple crisp in my future.
ReplyDeletePumpkin time is coming! Love your sunsets. That recipe is exactly how my mom used to make it.
ReplyDeleteGreat post and videos.
ReplyDelete"Sometimes not opening your mouth is the best"
ReplyDelete~ Yes,.... Close your mouth, open your peace of mind....
I love them all. What an uplifting way to start the week.
ReplyDeleteI linked this post to my Awww Mondays Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous day and week, Linda. Hugs. ♥
I can relate to many of these!
ReplyDeleteGreat free cats' therapy is gorgeous. :)
ReplyDeleteThe wisest today in my opinion : "You can't change someone who doesn't see an issue with their actions. You can only change how you respond to them.". :)
Man kann jemanden nicht ändern, der sein Verhalten nicht als problematisch einsieht. Man kann lediglich die eigene Reaktion darauf ändern. Das war heute mein Lieblingszitat.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful sunset, indeed! Thanks for the fun and wise advice, yet again!! Well done!
ReplyDeleteSometimes, not opening your mouth is the best.
ReplyDeleteWell, you posted some advice that I need to remind myself about.
THANK YOU, for the above quote.
I enjoyed your photos, great captures.
xo
The grouchy cat is my soul animal ;-) (And I have one sitting next to me at the moment and have to find out how to ungrouch her this time)
ReplyDeleteThese are all great. Some I can relate to more than others but all good.
ReplyDeleteRealmente eu amo uma xícara de chá emuito obrigada pela recita de preparo!!
ReplyDeleteTambém amo gatos, principalmente os maus humorados...rsrs
E também amo os cães que tem o olhar mais doce do mundo!!
Grata por essas imagens de serenidade Linda!!
Beijos e uma ótima semana!! :)))))
That apple crisp recipe sounds really good! I might have to run to the store for some apples...
ReplyDeleteI had to go searching for your post again. I am going to try the apple recipe.
ReplyDeleteWahw..., Linda, your photos...!
ReplyDeleteThe gag -> oh, no, my friend...!
Lie(f)s.
I even see the sun in the sunset photos. Beautiful skies.
ReplyDeleteThe one about the same rain helping the umbrella seller is a good one. And a clog dance by André Rieu, that's about as Dutch as it gets, even though I haven't seen anyone in clogs for years. Your apple crisp looks a lot like what we'd call appeltaart with a crumble top.
ReplyDeleteTolik dobrých rad, Lindo! Díky.
ReplyDeleteDobrý je recept na jablkový koláč, víš, kolik lidí to vyzkouší ?
Líbí se mi, jak táta probírá život se svým pejsánkem.
A moc se mi líbí dřevákový tanec André Rieu!
Přeji úspěšný nový týden, Lindo.
What gorgeous skies! I don't know where you find your wonderful memes. You must spend forever looking for them, but I love how you organize them.
ReplyDeletePretty sky photos. Like that grouchy cat! :)
ReplyDeleteHello Linda, I did enjoy seeing your sunset skies.
ReplyDeleteAnother great selection of memes and quotations.
One I really enjoyed was "Life takes you down many paths. My favourite one leads to a pot of tea." ... and I was out with a friend for a walk earlier ending at a cafe and a very nice pot of tea :)
Have a good week.
All the best Jan
If apple crisp has oats and brown sugar in the topping, I'm all in! The more the better! My black cat watches me every time I go into the kitchen. Just in case there is dairy involved.
ReplyDeleteNice homage to The Police! Thank you for making me smile and laugh, my dear. Bless you.
ReplyDeleteLove your own pics here. So great. Yes, Blogger has been a PIA for sure. Looks like we're back up and running again. Which is lovely.
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodness. I just love the grouchy cat. I want to cuddle him for sure.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Te mando un beso y te deseo una buena semana.
ReplyDeleteOlá, Linda, para quem gosta dos animais como eu gosto, esta
ReplyDeletesua postagem foi muito oportuna. Parabéns, amiga!
Uma ótima semana, com muita paz.
Abraços!
It's always uplifting to visit you. So many inspiring quotes.
ReplyDeleteI love the first two cat ones :) The pumpkin with the squirrel and chipmunk inside is so sweet. Such pretty sunset pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou can't change someone who doesn't see an issue with their actions. You can only change how you respond to them. Love that.
ReplyDeleteI also remember the movie with the Beatle's Ticket To Ride. Good memories.
Happy new week-hugs from the lake
ReplyDeleteI especially loved the reminder that “every season has purpose” -- such a comforting thought for autumn evenings.
ReplyDeleteafternoon greetings from kuala lumpur..yes, i have changed my blogpost setting to make it one post for one page. thanks for your guide. for today, i choose this quote: Sometimes the wisest choice is simply to let go. Stop chasing closure. Stop asking why. Stop expecting others to understand. Just let go and feel the calm that follows....take care dear linda
ReplyDeleteKiitos Linda. Kauniita ja niin tosia ajatuksia ja ohjeita. Toivotan sinulle hyvää uutta päivää ja ihan koko viikkoa!
ReplyDeleteSirpa Suomesta
Everyone needs a hug. It brings joy and comfort...
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the grumpy cat ( that's the second photo) amuses me no end. Does a cat exist that looks so disgusted and angry)?
ReplyDeleteI like the Clog dance. That Andre Rieu is quite a talented man.
Nice quotes, and beautiful photos of the sunset dear Linda!
ReplyDelete