Wednesday, May 20, 2026

Lessons in Life

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! Next post will be on my blog this Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!


Why can't cats work on the computer? They get too distracted chasing the mouse around.  :)

                          Cool Funny Quotes


If cats could talk, they wouldn't. - Nan Porter

                            Reader's Digest


Instead of saying, "I don't want my child to be perceived as different," let's flip the script and say, "I don't want my child to feel pressured to be normal." - M.O. Kelter

                              Good Therapy


As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation - either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

                              Good Therapy


Your needs are not burdensome.

                           The Latest Kate


Bad days just happen. You're not trapped. You won't always feel like this.

                             The Latest Kate


Your worth is not determined by how much you get done today.

                           The Latest Kate


Respect the old when you are young. Help the weak  when you are strong. Confess the fault when you are wrong. Because one day in life, you will be old, weak and wrong.

                        Lessons Learned in Life


Life is ironic. It takes depression to know happiness. It takes stress to understand calm. It takes absence to value presence.

                          Karen Salmansohn


The biggest lesson I learned this year is not to force anything; conversations, friendships, relationships, attention, love. Anything forced is just not worth fighting for. Whatever flows, it flows, what crashes, it crashes. It is what it is.

                                Mind Journal


You don't need a perfect life to be happy. You just need to surround yourself with people who love you for who you are.

                          Karen Salmansohn


The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela

                                   Founder Jar


Never regret a day in your life: good days give happiness, bad days give experience, worst days give lessons and best days give memories. - Unknown

                              Grateful Gnome


7 Rules of Life. 

Let it go. Ignore them. Give it time. Don't compare. Stay calm. It's on you. Always smile.

                               Mind Journal


You can't lose what you never had, you can't keep what's not yours and you can't hold on to something that doesn't want to stay. - Unknown

                             Grateful Gnome


Sometimes life has to turn you upside down so you can learn how to live more right side up.

                          Karen Salmansohn


Everyone enjoys being acknowledged and appreciated. Sometimes even the simplest act of gratitude can change someone's entire day. Take the time to recognize and value the people around you and appreciate those who make a difference in your lives. - Roy T. Bennett

             Di Riseborough, Intuitive Life Strategist


Balance isn't fitting everything in. It's starting with what's most important and letting the rest fall as it will.
          Di Riseborough, Intuitive Life Strategist


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on May 18th. This was after some rain we got. These are beautiful lilacs! I must state that sadly, as soon as the heat and humidity strike here in Montreal, these lilacs shrivel and die. This is a tree I came across on one of my walks. You can click on any image to see a larger view.



The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Black cat decides not to be a stray one day (The Dodo)

Traumatized bucking horse becomes the protector of baby ponies (The Dodo)

Que Sera Sera - The Lennon Sisters

He is my everything - Elvis Presley


Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

130 comments:

  1. As always I appreciate your positive posts! Nice flower pictures too, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda, the lilacs flowers are so dainty and pretty. The green leaves have a nice shade of green. When weather is hot, the lilacs shriveled, it is indeed sad but such is life, all living beings will come to pass one day. There are no immortality 😢
    Have a good day 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá, querida Linda, um show de postagem!
    O vídeo do cachorro com um dinamite na boca
    me fez rir muito, eu correria a 100 quilômetros / hora.
    Também adorei em ler:

    "A maior lição que aprendi este ano é não forçar nada; Conversas, amizades, relacionamentos, atenção, amor. Qualquer coisa forçada simplesmente não vale a pena lutar por ela. O que flui, flui, o que despenca, ele bate. É o que é."

    E tantas coisas excelentes que li e aplaudo.
    Uma feliz semana, amiga!
    Abracitos Gaúchos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Your needs are not burdensome" is a quote for my mum. She expressed concern about me having to deliver lunch to her and interrupting my work. I assured her that lunch delivery is not a burden at all! All the quotes are so wise and the first one made me smile! Those lilacs you captured are so very pretty! It is a pity that they will shrivel in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dynamite dog had me really laughing.
    I can almost smell the lilac.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what Martin Luther King said. Such a wise man.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good ones today! I love, love, love the one about kids not being pressured to be normal and also the one about lessons learned in life.
    Lilacs are one of my favorites, but you're right, they don't last long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just as Elvis sings, the Lord is my everything, Linda, and I pray He will touch everyone with His love and grace. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the 7 rules for life. The lilacs are gorgeous. They didn't do so well around here this year. Hardly any blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear linda, morning greetings from kuala lumpur. today i have 4 hour classes... tomorrow i'll be on leave to settle some family matters. for this entry, i choose this quote: Respect the old when you are young. Help the weak when you are strong. Confess the fault when you are wrong. Because one day in life, you will be old, weak and wrong....anyway, i love all the lilacs..they are sweet and lovely!! i thought the word 'lilac' is only for colour, now i know, there are flowers named lilacs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Bear and Charlie meow all the time...if they could talk I don't think they would ever be quiet 🐈‍⬛🐈
    The lilacs must smell divine 🪻🪻

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love reading the quotes 💚💚💚
    Lilacs are just starting to bloom here in Finland, too 💜

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my favourite today! Respect the old when you are young. Help the weak when you are strong. Confess the fault when you are wrong. Because one day in life, you will be old, weak and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these quotes are all soooo good. I am totally connecting to this one
    "As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation - either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course. "- Martin Luther King, Jr.

    Aren't lilacs so delightful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much wisdom Love them One I still have to learn is "Your worth is not determined by how much you get done today." Always good to protect the peace as well

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely and interesting post, dear Linda!
    Your lilac is so beautiful—yes, it fades far too quickly!
    Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very good joke with the cat on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Instead of saying, 'I don't want my child to be perceived as different,' let's flip the script and say, 'I don't want my child to feel pressured to be normal.' " - M.O. Kelter. Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Comme toujours un bien joli billet à la fois tendre, profond et plein de cette résilience qui fait du bien à l'âme.
    Merci pour ce partage si riche.
    Bisous et bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  20. M.O. Kelter is right. But really, what is normal, anyway? Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your first quote is very funny. You have taken beautiful photos, Linda! Lilacs are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Il gatto nero sembra il mio “Calimero”
    Buona giornata cara Linda, un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm really enjoying your flower photos, Linda! Lilacs, my mother's favorite :) Also love "if cat's could talk - they wouldn't" Exactly, some humans should take note lol. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. En tus post se pasa un tiempo muy agradable.
    Gracias por compartirlos.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excelentes y bellas recomendaciones. Me ha gustado ver tu lila florecida y las 7 reglas de vida.
    Muchos besos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are long past lilacs here in Europe, but when it was their season a month or two ago they were especially rich and abundant this year, we had neighbours stealing them from us daily LOL because we have three lilac trees in front of our palace and they cannot resist plucking them LOL We deliberated whether to leave scissors there and a sign = CUT YOURSELF SOME LILACS IF YOU WANT FOR FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  27. "If cats could talk, they wouldn't." I don't believe that. Cats would definitely let their people very clearly know about all the things they are doing wrong. You should have heard Gundel going at me last night because I dared to give her the wrong food. She has only become a talker over the last year or so, but a loud one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Linda,
    I love all the cute kitties and great quotes and inspiring words.
    The 7 rules of life, seem right on. The lilacs are lovely.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the holiday weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  29. To never regretting! Wise words, dear friend Linda.
    I think the 7 rules might pay off!
    Beautiful flowers and cutest cat! Have a great day, much love and warm hugs on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jak máš v úvodu - citáty a ponaučení mně rozjasnily den.
    Hlavně děkuji za fotky šeříku - nikdy jsem neviděla kanadský šeřík! (Smích) U nás kvete i bílý šeřík, asi je u nás tepleji, už je odkvetlý. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely flowers. I like the little raindrops :-D Great quotes. "Sometimes life has to turn you upside down so you can learn how to live more right side up." That one I can totally relate to after my ankle break! Thankfully things are so much better now and I see things differently. Hope you are well Linda :-D

    ReplyDelete
  32. The lilacs are so pretty. I can smell them from here. I was hoping I would get flowers on mine this year but no such luck

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good memes, Linda. Love the Just for laughs and of cause Elvis Presley's voice is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. ..."I don't want my child to feel pressured to be normal." It's good to remember that normal is a setting on a washing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such wise reminders, Linda. I particularly needed the ones about staying calm and not comparing myself to others. Still trying to master those myself!!

    Thanks for another meaningful post, Linda. Hope you’re having a lovely week, and I’ll be back for Sunday’s post 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  36. “ Your worth is not determined by how much you get done today.”

    It’s a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful photos of lilacs. You have a great day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like how Know the black cat just made himself right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Merci pour certaines citations et mon chanteur préféré Elvis ( ma jeunesse )
    Bisous et bon aprés midi.
    Thérèse

    ReplyDelete
  40. I can appreciate so many of these today, Linda. The lilacs are so pretty! Thank you for all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. the martin luther king jr quote was especially powerful
    such an inspiring reminder about resilience and growth...

    ReplyDelete
  42. My grandmother grows lilacs along her driveway back when I was growing up. The smell is intoxicating! Lucky you!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  43. Our current foster cat has the same personality as the black cat in the Dodo video

    ReplyDelete
  44. My new mantra ... ignore them! LOVE those lilacs!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very uplifting, as always. Those first two cat memes are straight up facts.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you beautiful photos and lovely quotes

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like the cat jokes!
    Like your flowers too.
    I loved this:
    You can't lose what you never had, you can't keep what's not yours and you can't hold on to something that doesn't want to stay. - Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  48. Good evening, dear Linda. I also enjoy your last post, my friend. Full of thoughts, good willing and beautiful images. My best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you. I always feel a little better after coming here.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a lovely post filled with such great thoughts Linda. Your photos of the lilacs are beautiful...it was a poor year for ours because we got a cold snap that killed many of the blooms. Oh the Lennon sisters had such sweet voices. I had forgotten about them until you post. No one could sing like Elvis - super song. Hope you have a blessed weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  51. The lilacs are nice while you have them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Such a beautiful and reflective post. I really like how you remind us that some of the most important lessons in life come through simple experiences and everyday moments, even when we do not realize it at the time.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  53. I've photographed the odd lilac here in the last few days. The blooms don't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Acceptance that bad days are temporary can be difficult when one is in the midst of them. I like to think that different is just another word for unique.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Una belleza de entrada, amiga. Me atraen siempre tus gatos.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Why can't cats work on the computer? They get too distracted chasing the mouse around. :)
    Heh heh , I really liked this. A lot. Thanks Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for your kind words over at mine. You always brighten the day. I don't know any normal children but then i'm not sure what normal is Lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Lilacs, and they are so beautiful, dear Linda.
    What a good one, the gag!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Lots of good advice here, Linda:) Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Muchas cosas que nos hacen ver con alegría
    los momentos que nos da la vida
    para seguir adelante en el día a día...
    Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Linda, your blog posts never fail to encourage me, lift me up, and give me advice regarding relationships that I sorely need. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into sharing these things with us.

    PS Thanks for sharing your lilacs. I had them in Colorado and enjoyed them so much. They cannot grow here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Well, my PS was supposed to follow this but I messed up. Anyway, here is my first comment: Linda, your blog posts never fail to encourage me, lift me up, and give me advice regarding relationships that I sorely need. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into sharing these things with us.

    ReplyDelete
  63. You always find such good philosophical memes, Linda. A lot of truth in your selections today (as always)l. The black cat video was so sweet. Too bad your lilacs didn't last very long. When spring finally came to Montreal, it came fast, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  64. So true - It is what it is and we need to be positive to ride the lows. What a shame the liac doen't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hello Linda
    Many thanks for another lovely mix in your post.
    It is a shame your beautiful lilacs do not last long, enjoy them while they bloom ... lovely pictures.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  66. I like the Bad Days happen you won't always be like this. I am feeling bad right now because my back hurts but I have to keep reminding myself that it will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  67. It's so true that showing appreciation for others can make such a difference in their lives.
    Love that sweet video of the pony💗.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Always great advice and lovely photos! Thanks for finding such great memes for us!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  69. The Roy T. quote really resonates with me. A simple kind word, however shallow the praise of clothing or whatnot, brings a smile. The other day I thanked someone doing menial labor and her face lit up (!), which brightened the day for us both. Hugs and blessings, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  70. You have some wise words today! And oh my! Those lilacs with the water drops. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  71. A lovely collection of philosophical thoughts. I love the rain drop photos.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Another great post, I really laughed at the dog and the dynamite skit :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hahaha "Why can't cats work on the computer? They get too distracted chasing the mouse around." Loved this!
    The lilac fotos are so pretty!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Another lovely collection of quotes and inspirational sayings, Linda. I love the photos of the lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Like always so many beautiful thoughts - have a amazing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  76. I had to save a couple of these memes. Thanks for them. They have lots of good wishes, and some of them were perfect for getting me started on this Friday. have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Linda bom dias suas citações são maravilhosas, que fofos os gatos, desejo um ótimo final de semana bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda. Espero que esteja tudo bem com você e seus familiares em Montreal. A minha reflexão preferida é " Seu valor não é determinado pelas coisas que você realiza hoje". Também gostei da reflexão de Martin Luther King Jr. Uma excelente manhã de sexta-feira em Montreal e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  79. HI Linda...I saved a few of these today...You always pick the perfect memes and quotes. It's as if they are meant for me. Thank you for always sharing your heart..

    ReplyDelete
  80. I chose this quote today: “Your worth is not determined by how much you get done today.” I think many people need to read something like that from time to time, especially on those days when exhaustion feels heavier than usual and it seems as if we haven’t done enough.
    And your lilac photos are beautiful, Linda. I have always loved lilacs and all those flowers with such captivating fragrances. It almost feels as though their scent can be sensed even through the photographs after the rain.
    A very big hug, and please take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  81. 7 Rules For Sure , Add An 8th , Be The Better Person

    Happy Friday ,
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  82. Querida Linda,
    Adorei todas as reflexões, mas uma em especial me cativou "Respeite os mais velhos quando você for jovem. Ajude os mais fracos quando você for forte. Admita seus erros quando estiver errado. Porque um dia na vida, você será velho, fraco e estará errado". Também adorei os vídeos e principalmente o do gatinho!
    Um beijo!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Hola, vengo a devolverte tu cariñosa visita a mi blog.
    Me ha gustado mucho visitar el tuyo.
    Muy ameno y entretenido.
    A mi también me gusta mucho el mundo de la fotografía.
    Son preciosas la lilas.
    Un saludo desde Navarra. España.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Sl primer gato le parece al de mi madre, le faltan unas pintas blancas, ja ja ja.
    Buen finde y un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I like the idea of flipping the scrip for kids and reducing the pressure to be "normal"!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Thank you, Linda. I especially liked the Martin Luther King Jr. quote about transforming suffering into a creative force. A beautiful and powerful thought. Wishing you a wonderful weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete
  87. Sempre bom passar aqui.
    Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Thank you for these wonderful quotes. The reminders about worth and gratitude really brightened my day. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Aprender a vivir es relevante, para no sufrir, ni hacer sufrir a los demás. Un abrazo. Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  90. The quotes are so inspirational. I love the 7 rules in life, they are very good and nice to remember. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  91. 7 Rules of Life.

    Let it go. Ignore them. Give it time. Don't compare. Stay calm. It's on you. Always smile.

    I loved the above Linda, so good. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  92. Hello Linda,
    Nice images and what a wonderful birds.
    Very nice and funny to read all.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  93. Thank youuu, for EVERYTHING, I brightened up this morning and day when I visited your page.
    Hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  94. This is beautiful! Thank you very much! 🙂🌷👍💖

    ReplyDelete
  95. Some really insightful and somewhat heavier ones today .. which really made me think. I love the one that says your worth is not determined by how much you get done today... I have to remember that one. Thanks as always.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Your worth is not determined by how much you get done today.
    YES!
    Good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Quanta leggerezza a passare da te, grazie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Debido a mi viaje no pude leer tus publicaciones lo mas cercano al día de tus publicaciones. Pero veo que nos sigues dejando unas sentencias de gran calado y como siempre me es imposible quedarme con una en especial.
    Por tus fotos personales veo que llego la primavera llego con fuerza a tu ciudad.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Servus Linda, diese Sprüche und Lektionen sind wertvolle Gedanken. Am meisten beeindruckt mich dieser - danke dafür!
    Respektiere die Alten, solange du jung bist. Hilf den Schwachen, solange du stark bist. Gestehe deine Fehler ein, wenn du im Unrecht bist. Denn eines Tages wirst auch du alt, schwach und im Unrecht sein.
    LG aus Wien

    ReplyDelete
  100. Beautiful quotes, wonderful flowers. I love lilacs, they are beautiful and fragrant flowers. A good selection of videos.
    Have a nice weekend
    Hugs and all the best for you

    ReplyDelete
  101. Oh how we need the positivity with all the negative things happening all over the world. Haven't heard the Lennon Sisters sing in such a long time. Boy they really could harmonize. My Grandmother loved them on the Lawrence Welk show. Memories. Sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  102. I wish I could bury my nose in those lilacs - allergies be darned!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Linda reflexión. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Brilliant selection as usual 😍

    ReplyDelete
  105. Thanks for always sharing such uplifting quotes. I like the old, weak wrong one - how true. Lilacs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  106. We have a miniture lilac tree and it never blooms for more than a week.
    I like the quote that your worth is not measured by how much you get done. These days it takes me longer to do things and I don't get as much done in a day that I use to.
    Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  107. I wonder now how many miles that stray cat wandered before he found "his" family.

    ReplyDelete
  108. A wonderful selection of quotes, Linda. The lilacs are so pretty. I planted a lilac bush last year. I hope my blooms will be just as pretty. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  109. I always feel uplifted after a visit to your page. I especially like the Rules of Life. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  110. Thank you for sharing ❤️ Have a wonderful weekend, dear Blogfriend.
    Greetings by Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  111. These are all refreshingly uplifting and a joy to read. My dad says he just saw a license plate frame that said, "Be nice to me. I might be your nurse some day".

    ReplyDelete
  112. Your picks certainly brightened my day! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  113. These are such wonderful and inspiring choices. Thank you, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  114. I do love the positivity available here. I saw a good Shakespeare quote recently - "Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt"

    ReplyDelete
  115. Thank you for the Broccoli Salad recipe you included in your comments on my blog. That was my late husband's favorite (maybe only) recipe for broccoli. Otherwise, it had to be smothered with melted cheese for him to eat the vegetable! Ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  116. This was exactly the kind of serene and cheerful break I needed today. The '7 Rules of Life' is such a great reminder for all of us. Have a wonderful week ahead, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  117. Linda, you always manage to find the loveliest quotes. Thank you so much for sharing them. I hope you have fabulous week!!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Such a lovely post, thank you for sharing! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  119. Todo maravilloso Linda. No puedo elegir uno por que todos me gustan. Muchos besos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Chill Out

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...