Wednesday, May 27, 2026

Positive Thoughts

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come and visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will be on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. 

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
                            Alley Cat Allies


Did you know? Despite the hype, humans - not cats - are the number one threat to birds.
                             Alley Cat Allies


Success is not about doing everything perfectly. It's about doing what you can, when you can, with what you have.
                           Little House Living


My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. - Dave Barry   :)
                                Bored Panda


The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts. - Robin Sharma
                       Success Consciousness


It's not always that life is bad; sometimes you feel down because you haven't slept well, or eaten enough, or connected with someone in a while.
                            The Latest Kate


Gratitude helps you fall in love with the life you already have. - Unknown
                         Sketches in Stillness


If today gets difficult, remember the smell of coffee, the way sunlight bounces off a window, the sound of your favorite person's laugh, the feeling when a song you love comes on, the color of the sky at dusk and that we are here to take care of each other. - Nanca Hoffman
                              Tiny Buddha


When you discover that all happiness is inside of you, the wanting and needing are over, and life gets very exciting. - Byron Katie
                              Buddha Doodles


Somewhere out there, someone is listening to birds instead of breaking news - and the world feels a little more hopeful there. 
                           The Simplicity Habit


             Lucie Bilodeau, Artist (born in Montreal)


Be kind...it's impossible to raise yourself up by putting others down.
                      Princess Sassy Pants & Co.


Lately I've been feeling I don't need so many things. I must: simplify, simplify, simplify. Then I thought if I were really into simplifying, I wouldn't say simplify 3 times. I'd say simplify. Or "simp".  :)
                           Karen Salmansohn


Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not. - Ana Monnar
                            Suburban Tourist


Living with anxiety is like being followed by a voice. It knows all your insecurities and uses them against you. It gets to the point when it's the loudest voice in the room. The only one you can hear.
                               Healthy Place


There's so much kindness in the world. It's inspiring in a way that it challenges us, the recipients of this kindness, to give back. - Stephanie, St. Jude patient Aspen's mom (artwork by St. Jude patient Tayde)
              St. Jude Children's Research Hospital


You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do.
                              Healthy Place


When faced with any difficulty, try to find the pure joy that's contained there. - Nick Vujicic
                         Motivational Wizard


The following photos are my own, which I took on my walks here in Montreal. These are photos of the sky as the sun was setting. I thought the pink hue was pretty. You can click on any image to see a larger view.


A beautiful blue sky with clouds!

Elephant ears (on a street corner)

The following Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) was done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

If you need proof you should adopt a dog after losing one, here it is (The Dodo)

This Hawaiian cat loves surfing with his parents (The Dodo)

Shades of Green - The Flaming Ember

New World in the morning - Roger Whittaker (1971)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

121 comments:

  1. Hello Linda
    What a lovely Wednesday post, thank you.
    Lovely skies, those pink hues are amazing.
    I can't believe that Roger Whittaker video was 1971! How the years fly by... I enjoyed listening to it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat surfing is so cute:) I also thought it was interesting that humans endanger birds more than cats do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, this made me laugh! "My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. - Dave Barry " How could anyone not feel better after M&AMs and chocolate cake? Oh, the pink sky you captured is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like all of those but I really like the one about the therapist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olá, amiga Linda, nesse excelente espaço encontro sempre
    um conselho amigo. Esses pensamentos dessa sua postagem
    sevem como uma luz na escuridão.
    Uma ótima continuação de semana.
    Fraterno abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda 🌸
    I especially love the success quote--such a gentle reminder that progress matters more than perfection.
    Your sunset skies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..."Success is not about doing everything perfectly. It's about doing what you can, when you can, with what you have." Perfection is overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blue sky shot is gorgeous!
    I like the one about listening to birds instead of news, much better for us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gratitude helps you fall in love with the life you already have. - Unknown
    You can't do much without gratitude.
    I do love your pink clouds in the sky too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sunset photos--I love that pink hue also! My older daughter got on a kick as a child and would ask me, "What's the most dangerous animal in X country?" And I always responded, human beings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that blue sky shot! Thank you for the positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have the most beautiful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This I like: "The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts." So true.
    Keep enjoying the wonderful skies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. morning greetings from kuala lumpur! it is a very bright and sunny day today. My university gives extra leave today (because yesterday was celebration for muslim around the world). anyway, i choose this quote: Success is not about doing everything perfectly. It's about doing what you can, when you can, with what you have....indeed! i love the pink hue picture. it's amazing!! take care dear linda. warm greetings from afar

    ReplyDelete
  15. The rosy sunset is beautiful, and the elephant ear plant is lovely!
    Your quotes and videos are all so wonderfully chosen—thank you, Linda!
    Have a wonderful few days! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  16. That cat is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I particularly like the one about success - how very true, thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Une publication variée et inspirante. Les pensées sur la persévérance sans recherche de perfection et l'importance de prendre soin les uns des autres sont très justes. C'est une sélection de textes et de suggestions vidéos bien sympas pour commencer la journée.
    Merci pour ce partage et bonne journée Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always, I really enjoyed your post. Thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, not in my yard certainly, I have never killed a bird, but my cats have at least 20 or more over the years, they eat their heads and leave me the corpse as if it is a delicious treat for me. Very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning photos Linda, love the sky colours :-D

    Sadly we humans are a threat to not just birds, all creatures. I still don't get the hatred towards cats! I know we both love them very much :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. The quote by the latest Kate is absolutely true! Wishing you a lovely day, Linda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. About therapists, some days ago I heard one that me laugh out loud: My therapist told me to write letters to all the people that wronged me and burn them! I said what a great idea… But what do I do with all the letters? :D
    The cat painting is gorgeous!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Linda,
    I love the pink skies, so pretty. I try to think positive thoughts.
    Worrying does not help! Great quotes and images. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's true: 'The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts.'

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the cat ones. The sky pictures are great. It's fun to take pictures of the sky, it's always changing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. To Dave Barry! And to gratitude, dear friend Linda! Blue skies, check, too.
    My TV "broke" - no news, and I don´t even care...
    simp!!!!
    And wow, some pink sky you had there, beautiful!
    I was confronted with a real fat spider in the car in Australia - not funny! I yelled so loud I got "spectators"!
    Ohhh, the cat! Thank you for the BIG smiles.
    Have a wonderful day, much love and hugs are on the way. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are great moody sky photos.
    I can't remember how many years it is since I've heard New World in the Morning. Nice. Muzak, but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting memes and good ones, Linda. Your photos of the sky are gorgeous. Just for laughs had me laughing, some are so frightened of spiders no matter the size..lol
    I remember Roger Whittaker and what a great whistler he was too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fascinating post! Thank you so much for sharing. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  31. Somewhere out there, someone is listening to birds instead of breaking news - and the world feels a little more hopeful there.
    This is my absolute favorite. TheRobin is such a beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete
  32. A wonderful post Linda. I like all the uplifting quotes, very positive. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sometimes just a few positive words can completely change the mood of the day, and I really like how you convey that feeling of calm, hope, and gratitude for the little things in life.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda, espero que esteja tudo bem com você e seus familiares em Montreal. Suas reflexões, são bem interessantes, a minha preferida de hoje é " A injustiça em qualquer lugar é uma ameaça à justiça em todo lugar". Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. - Dave Barry :) THIS IS THE CHUCKLE I NEEDED THIS MORNING! Your sky photos are so pretty. I especially like the clouds, very interesting. Enjoy your day and weekend, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Remembering the smell of coffee reminds me that it is time for my second cup of the day. /AC (can’t log in right now)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Good morning Linda. I passed through your above post and I enzoyed the whole atmosphere. My best thoughts, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful sky photos. I love the pink shades.
    Stevie is such a sweet pup. My heart melted with those big brown eyes.
    Wonderful thoughtful quotes on a variety of themes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Realmente todos pensamientos que nos dejas son positivos y nuevamente no se con cual de todos quedarme.
    El video del gato surfero creo ya haber visto.
    Tus fotos me encantan, decirte que en alguna ocasión me encontré con un tono rosáceo pero al ir en ruta no pude parar a captarlo.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My pal and I went to a lovely place today, early in the morning, cool fresh air, babbling water, singing birds ... and no news! It was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful photos, great advice, and fun videos - always! Thanks!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your photos of the pink sky were amazing, Linda! Thank you for all the positive energy in your post, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  43. A beautiful sky, you've seen, Linda!
    I don't like to be that driver...! Very funny gag!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Did you know? Despite the hype, humans - not cats - are the number one threat to birds.

    Hi Linda, I am so happy you shared the above, because that is so true. Cats get the blame for many things they should not get the blame for.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Linda....You have brightened my day.. Your blog is so very positive and we all can use positivity in our days...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Dear Linda, thank you for your photos from your phone. I have never seen a pink sky before 😲
    The clouds photo is spectacular 🤩
    I didn't know the plant is called elephant ears, how cute 🥰
    Hope you are having a nice Thursday afternoon now, weather is not hot 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  47. This someone listening to the birds today... it was me!!! And I was very happy !

    ReplyDelete
  48. Suas fotos como sempre estão lindas. E as mensagens de hoje são muito bonitas.
    Tenha uma ótima semana Linda e que Deus te abençoe!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Those pink skies are beautiful. Thanks for a lot of good words to ponder, I really liked the one from Martin Luther King Jr. - Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -

    ReplyDelete
  50. I prefer to listen to the birds. The Alley Cat Allies is so true. I love the Bored Panda one 😊

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hearing the birds is what brings joy. Love you post today.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Those pink skies are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I think wind farms are terrible on bird populations. We call them giant Cuisinarts. :( Thank you for these uplifting quotes and sharing your lovely photos. Oh, and I'm am the one listening to birds rather than the news. lol Be well and have a blessed day, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you for all the positive thoughts, Linda. I loved your sunset pictures! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Some very wise advice. Thank you for reminding me what’s important and what’s not

    ReplyDelete
  56. Where I work, "finishing what you started" is one of my biggest sources of stress...

    ReplyDelete
  57. Success is not about doing everything perfectly. It's about doing what you can, when you can, with what you have.

    Now how true is that!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Having a good attitude and being grateful makes a big difference.:)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Profundas reflexiones. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I stopped listening to mainstream media 26 years ago as it made me depressed. So, I absolutely never listened to or read the news. Birds are definitely what I listen to every single day.
    Great sky photos 😍

    ReplyDelete
  61. I always feel so good after reading your posts. And wow, that pink sky is beautiful. Doesn't sky sometimes put on quite the show? And yes, I found its good to get a new dog after losing one. They bring so much joy back into your life. Have a wonderful rest of the week and rest of May too.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi! Such a lovely post, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  63. The photos you took of the sky are really beautiful, Linda! What a great capture. I bet it was even more lovely in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. My favourite today is "The quality of your life is determined by the quality of your thoughts. " I do believe that but its not easy lol I love your sky photos They are stunning Linda

    ReplyDelete
  65. Whatever is going to happen will happen whether you worry or not. That really hit home here ( I tend to be a worrier).
    I love the picture that you took of the amazing clouds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. The quote by Martin Luther King Jr. made me think longer than I expected, haha. At first I didn't really get it, but after sitting with it for a while, it finally clicked. It's a powerful reminder that we can't just look away when something unfair happens somewhere else, because eventually it might come for us too. I'm grateful for this new understanding. Thanks to you, Linda 😊

    P.S.: Montreal has some amazing skies, and you captured them perfectly. Thank you for sharing a piece of your view with us ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  67. Linda, today the quote about being tired, not getting enough sleep, and lacking connection with others really struck a chord with me. Sometimes we start thinking everything is going wrong when what we actually need is a bit of rest or a good conversation with someone we trust. And that pink sky is lovely. The elephant ears peeking in from the corner give the photo a charming touch. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Great post 😊 The cats on the pistures are beautiful 😍

    ReplyDelete
  69. Your post of sweet and cheerful thoughts is just what was needed today. Thank you.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hello Linda,
    Nice images and wonderful pictures.
    Great shot with this clouds in the sky.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh my gosh. Love the sky shots! So pretty out there in the world. Wishing you a yummy weekend. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  72. That Buddha doodle is fun! And quite true, even thkugh the material reality around you and happiness stemming from it shouldn't be ignored...

    ReplyDelete
  73. That sky is breathtaking!! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Oh, so many sweet kitties today! Thank you for sharing them with us. My favorite one today is this one...My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already. - Dave Barry :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Dave Barry cracks me up! I spent a lot of time cutting down what may be the same, at least similar, elephant ears yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  76. that is so sad that humans are more of a threat to birds then cats, we have so many stray cats around here that I have to keep turning away because they are going after the birds at my feeders. Wow your sky pictures are just gorgeous, such pretty color and love those fluffy clouds! Hope you enjoy a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  77. I've recently read books about success and our thoughts. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Love your sense of humor. Hang in there and pray without ceasing. It helps so much! Your pictures you took are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Moin Dear Linda,
    wow! das sind ja magische Sonnenuntergänge und die Wolken so faszinierend. Danke für die Sammlung der schönen Sprüche.
    Dieser Spruch "Manchmal tut ein guter Spruch am Morgen so gut, so dass er für den ganzen Tag reicht." fiel mir gerade so spontan ein.😍
    Sei herzlich gegrüßt von Traudi.💗 aus dem Drosselgarten.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Wonderful photos.
    Snappy quotes too.
    Love the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Thanks a lot for your profound reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thanks for the post. I like the quote about success!

    ReplyDelete
  83. True indeed, many quotes in your entry. You have a great day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I like to be around positive people, I am also one of them.
    I wish you a nice Saturday, Sunday... Hug

    ReplyDelete
  85. Wieder sehr schöne Sprüche. Der Sonnenuntergang ist wunderschön.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Your post feels like a gentle breath of calm with the way you gathered uplifting thoughts, warm humor, and those beautiful sky photos, and the soft pink glow in your sunset images pairs so well with the encouraging reminders about gratitude, rest, and noticing small joys, creating a space that truly brightens the day.

    ReplyDelete
  87. I love to start my day by listening to birds. I love this so much that I'm taking a bird feeder with me to East Texas next week so that I can watch the birds as I drink my coffee in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wonderful post. The quote about chocolate therapy made me laugh out loud. I think I'll have to try that method myself. Thank you for the smile and the beautiful shots from your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I love that quote by Dr. King - and Roger Whittaker has been a favourite of mine for many years. Got to see him live twice and that was amazing, but even better was getting to meet him in person.

    ReplyDelete
  90. The pink hues in the skies sure are pretty. Today I noticed the skies at my place were orange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  91. La injusticia en cualquier lugar es una amenaza para la justicia en todas partes..... ¡Me encanta!
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Humans are the number one threat to any wild animal.

    ReplyDelete
  93. They are all so inspiring and good. I particularly like the MLK one about injustice and the one about the quality of thoughts. Thank you as always.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Good afternoon, stopping in to say Hello-lovely post-hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  95. How very true are Martin Luther King's words!

    ReplyDelete
  96. dear linda. Sunday morning greetings from kuala lumpur!! it is 7.25 am here and I'm reading some blog posts (blog walking). thanks for always dropping your comment at my lil blog! for today, i choose this quote to brighten my day: "If today gets difficult, remember the smell of coffee, the way sunlight bounces off a window, the sound of your favorite person's laugh, the feeling when a song you love comes on, the color of the sky at dusk and that we are here to take care of each other"..... till then, take care dear linda!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Hello Linda . . . I do love all your verses, the cat ones especially. Your sunset photos are stunning, what a gorgeous pink sunset. My friends son lives in Montreal & he says its wonderful there. Wishing you a lovely week Linda (its Sunday eve here). xx

    ReplyDelete
  98. Hi Linda, What a nice surprise that you commented on my blog.
    I have added you to my favorites.
    Kind regards, Hans

    ReplyDelete
  99. Wise quotations that would be all worth of writing down.
    Thank you for the link to the Roger Whittaker's song. So nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
  100. This is so true: "It's not always that life is bad; sometimes you feel down because you haven't slept well.."
    Good sleep is very important to the whole body and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Goodmorning Lina,
    I like your photo's. The sky is wunderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  102. These are beautiful sayings.
    The ones below are my favorites.
    It is not about doing everything perfectly. It is about doing what you can, when you can, with what you have.

    Beautiful photos of the sunset.
    I wish you a lovely Sunday.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  103. Always a great pleasure. Have a wonderful week ahead. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  104. Love all you have post with distinction and fun!!!!! Thanks a Lot!!!!!! And specially i do like cats , similars than yours!!!!!!! Have a Nice and precious day with health and hope!!!!!!! 🇪🇸

    ReplyDelete
  105. Τι όμορφα γνωμικά!!!
    Αγάπησα αυτό με τον Κοκκινολαίμη
    Που είναι η φωτογραφία του προφίλ μου...
    Όντως εγώ αυτό είμαι αγαπώ να ακούω τα πουλιά
    Κ δεν θέλω καθόλου ειδήσεις καταθλιπτικές!!
    Χάρηκα που με βρήκες και σε βρήκα... Τα λέμε

    ReplyDelete
  106. Positive thoughts are always welcome and needed.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Lovely positive thoughts, great pictures! All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  108. Stunning photos! And awesome thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  109. I always enjoy seeing these. I'm trying to get to other blogs as my back heals a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Todas tus citas son geniales, me gustan todas. Tus fotografías son muy bonitas. Que tengas un buen día.

    ReplyDelete
  111. each one offers a gentle reminder about gratitude, kindness, resilience, and the importance of appreciating life's simple pleasures...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Chill Out

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...