Sunday, August 2, 2026

Animal Pictures, Quotes and Humour

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!

The cat's a saint when there are no mice about. :) (Japan) 
                                 Hub Pages


Watching my cat get older is like watching a favorite movie that I never want to end.  :)
                                I Love Cats


A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart. - Judy Desmond
                                   Paw-Palz


Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without words - and never stops at all. - Emily Dickinson
                              Quotes Gram


Sometimes there has to be a goat on some level, and I'm totally fine with that being me. - Abby Wombach :)
                                      Trvst


Don't be afraid to pop your head around a corner because opportunity is everywhere. :)
                               Quotes Gram


What's the super-confusing way that pigs say I love you? "I a-boar-you."  :)
                              Reader's Digest


Animals need people, too. They need our care and kindness.
                                    Ecobnb


Everybody deserves somebody who makes them look forward to tomorrow.
                        The Daily Quotes


Be kind to animals. It's never too early to nurture kids with kindness.
                            Cat Wisdom 101


Did you know that there are over 300 words for love in canine? - Gabrielle Zevin
                             Reader's Digest


A cat doesn't care if you are smart or dumb, give him your heart and he will give you his. - Abraham Lincoln
                            Reader's Digest


What do you call a miniature porcupine who steals money from people? A hedge fund hog.  :)
                             Reader's Digest


When it's 2 a.m., but you have only one chapter left. :)
                           Reader's Digest


New York Times Bestseller Book...Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin (I haven't read this yet, but want to get the book)

The No. 1 Sunday Times Bestseller...Noel Fitzpatrick, Being the Supervet; how animals saved my life (I haven't read this book yet, but want to get it)


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view.

This is a mural on the side of a building.



The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Discovering the real Winnie the Pooh! Yes, Winnie was a real bear. A female black bear. Her name is short for Winnipeg, (Manitoba, Canada). And Christopher Robin was a real little boy! I know many of you love Winnie the Pooh, so I am certain that you will enjoy this video of how this came about. :) (Life on Earth)
I thought this was a good post to share about this beloved bear, as I have shared so many animal pictures. 

Sam the seagull stealing Doritos  :)

Which dog is guilty?  :)


Smoke on the Water - Roy Acuff

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

114 comments:

  1. ..."Sometimes there has to be a goat on some level, and I'm totally fine with that being me," Abby Wombach. Amy is from Rochester, NY and her dad owned a garden center, what a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, the animal photos are delightful! I love cats and dogs and it would be lovely to also have a puppy. But a dog is more work which is why I can't have one right now. I also love your own photos. Is that a blue fire hydrant? The mural is so colorful and those pink blooms are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love murals; they add such character to a building. That white puppy is adorable. I would say that cats are saints, even when mice are around. They keep us free from them! The mice would disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved them all, Linda! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindas imagenes y buena semana. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thank you for sharing these. The quotes are awesome and you have a great eye for photography. ~hugs~ I'm glad for access to fresh corn from our local Saturday morning outdoor market. :) Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well look at this! It popped up in my feed fairly early. :)
    You have so much cuteness here today. I enjoyed them all, but I have to say that goats make me laugh out loud. They are so naughty and so funny!
    I love that mural too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the 2 AM with only a couple chapters left. (Sure "one chapter". Uh huh. Sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire Temple Grandin and have read several things she has written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Emily Dickinson. The mural is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never knew the origin of Winnie the Pooh, Linda, and I so appreciate you sharing this sweet story here. I also had a great laugh with the dog serving hot dogs. We owe so much joy to our animal friends, don't we? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. monday morning greetings from kuala lumpur! i'm having two-day audit meeting at my workplace. for today, i choose this quote: Don't be afraid to pop your head around a corner because opportunity is everywhere. :)
    the mural is colourful and vibrant! take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I was in Winnipeg in June, I visited the Winnie the Pooh Gallery at Assiniboine Park. I'll be doing a post on that visit in due course sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photo's you take are always so clear - I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am too beat to look it up now, but I am almost sure that there is a town on the TransCanada in northern Ontario that has a Winnie connection. We stopped there, but it was a pretty long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Todo un canto a la felicidad que nos brindan los animales.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This collection of quotes really made me smile. You always brighten my day when I visit, Linda. The mural is so pretty. I always admire seeing artwork on buildings. Thank you for sharing so much joy with us. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good day Linda, thank you for your 3 cell phone photos. Since there is no caption for the blue item in photo 1, I searched online for it and gained new knowledge with the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The blue item in photo 1 according to online search is:
    "These blue fixtures located in Montreal are specialized fire hydrants.They are designed to supply water specifically to the subway system's fire suppression installations.Instead of being used by standard fire engines, these connect to standpipe systems for rail tunnels and stations."

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I adore Winnie the Pooh! Speaking of animal books, have you read the book, My Dog Skip, by Willie Morris? It’s such a good read and they even made it into a film, which I love also. Thank you for sharing these with us, Linda.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  21. The mural is lovely. I see shapes of birds and fishes.
    Have a good week ahead 😊 💕

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking at your cell phone photos is like attending a class to learn because of the information gained 😊
    The flowers in photo 3:
    " This plant is a Mandevilla or Dipladenia, a rapid-growing vine or shrub.It is known for large, funnel-shaped flowers that bloom continuously from summer into fall.These tropical plants thrive in sunny spots and require well-drained soil.They are popular for containers and hanging baskets due to their low-maintenance nature."

    ReplyDelete
  23. So is the flowers a Dipladenia or a Mandevilla? I wonder 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dear Linda, once again you’ve delighted my heart with all the quotes and words of wisdom, as well as the photos and videos you shared.
    Thank you so much for that, and I wish you a wonderful time.Hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heart warming qoutes and pics. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Todos os bichos se reuniram: um cachorro perseguindo um gato, um gato perseguindo um pássaro e os humanos correndo atrás de seus smartphones. rsrsrsrs

    Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

    Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The love we have for the animals. The photos you took a nice, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning Linda,
    "A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart." This is so true, dog love lasts forever.
    I like your photos; they showcase great colors and style.
    Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. One of my cats made sure to get me up, this morning, then promptly took my space in the bed and went to sleep! Love the gull video - they are so cheeky! X

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love dogs so much, I'd like to speak canine 😀 🐕
    Love piggy jokes, they're never boaring 🐷 🐗
    Animals make us human - yes ❤️
    Very nice post Linda, a bit different this time.
    Guaranteed to always have cats 😀😊🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello Linda,
    You took beautiful photos, I think the mural is very beautiful.
    This quote is really true, I have experienced it myself
    A dog is the only thing that can heal a crack in your broken heart. - Judy Desmond
    I wish you a lovely week.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  32. A single tenderness... a gentle hug for you Linda... Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It is very important that children learn early on to be kind to animals. Animals deserve to be appreciated for who they are. Great pictures, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi, hello from Malaysia. Cute animal and thank you for sharing nice quotes. The mural art and flower so beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello,
    Love all the cute memes and quotes. The mural is beautiful. I love the pretty flowers too. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I find it hard to see the end coming, dear friend Linda. But then... there is no other way!
    Capricorn, goat, count me in ;-)
    I read one book from Temple Grandin - it was very interesting. Her way to see things made the life of many a cow better.
    Now I tend to download more of her books!
    Love the "bark to order"!
    Winnie I didn´t grow up with but thank you for the background-info! And the seagull!!! And Cody, hihi, Warm hugs and much love on the way, thank you, this was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  37. To start a good week !
    Thanks
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  38. Je to úžasné, Lindo! Budu mít náročný týden, prosím, vlož něco povzbuzujícího. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  39. All the fire hydrants around here are either yellow or red. I’ve never seen a blue one. That’s an interesting mural

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous was me. I keep forgetting to log in. Trying to do this from my iPad. It’s ,asking me crazy

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have a beautiful cat named Tucker and he sometimes gets himself into trouble. It's nice to see your images of around Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Grazie mille per queste belle frasi sugli animali

    ReplyDelete
  43. Las frases como siempre no me quedo con una en concreto ya que me gustan todas, el mural muy bonito.
    Los videos de la broma, la gaviota roba Doritos y los perros traviesos me encantaron.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  44. i adore that Emily quote! I have it memorized.

    ReplyDelete
  45. "A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart."
    Well, you know I can't agree with that and why not! ;-) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh how funny, the criminal dorito theif gull and also the three dogs, who is guilty?

    ReplyDelete
  47. Another great post and real cute videos.

    ReplyDelete
  48. That is the truth about cats and dogs. They love you as you age or get sick or are disfigured or whatever. And it is hard to watch them age, but you still have to love them. Maybe even more because you are reminded they won't be with you forever. Happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Excellent quotes, my favorite was "Everybody deserves somebody who makes them look forward to tomorrow." We all need someone in our lives.
    Beautiful photos of the mural and the flowers.
    Interesting videos.
    Have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  50. I fell in love with this strange thing today. A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart. - Judy Desmond

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love all your critter posts. They certainly make perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Some of these really made me chuckle, Linda. Thank you, as always, for sharing!! I hope you have a great week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  53. A wonderful start to my day!! aahhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Lot of colours over there, here, sadly, everything is scorched and orange or yellow like Autumn because it is 50C under the sun and no rain for more than a month, our garden looks like fire went through it and we cannot waste water to water it because we have to save it for people and our use as our underground supplies are not the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Noel Fitzpatrick sells pet insurance on the telly these days.

    ReplyDelete
  56. "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without words - and never stops at all." Deus caritas est!

    ReplyDelete
  57. You gave me smiles this morning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Those are cute videos, they made me smile. I didn't know that about Winnie the Pooh, very interesting and I loved the photo, Everybody deserves somebody who makes them look forward to tomorrow. Hope you are enjoying a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Awww on the graphics. You made me smile from ear to ear.

    Love the videos.

    I linked this post to my Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  60. Goat wins!!!! I have a picture of a goat instead my picture as my avatar in many places. :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. That's the first time that I've seen an all blue fire hydrant.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Esta entrada es preciosa porque me gustan mucho los animales.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Always nice to see a bit of (your) Montreal, dear Linda!
    Fantastic gag! ;-)
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  64. The third picture of the dog is my favorite. I'd love to take him home.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Tão adorável e lindo, é sempre um presente estar aqui!!
    Todas as frases com os gatinhos me impactaram positivamente!!!
    Ahh e amei a foto do hidrante azul, muito incrível!!
    Beijos e uma ótima semana!!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  66. Belas imagens, frases que fazem pensar! Meu abraço, Linda; boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  67. A very cute post today.
    My kitty kids are very mischievous, pretend mouse or not 😂
    Love your photos this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wonderful quotes and pictures. I read the "Being the Supervet" and loved it. He also has 3 other books in the series, you'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hello Linda
    Happy August and Happy week . . . this year is flying by!
    That mural is so colourful and I don't think I've seen a blue hydrant before!
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  70. Like the squirrel and dog photo the best. Very unusual. Hope it's a bit cooler now in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I've been at that 2 AM place many times.

    ReplyDelete
  72. You take some beautiful photos, Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. Linda, your posts always make my want to run to my local shelter and adopt a bunch of cats and dogs!! SO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. So many sweet cats and dogs today, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  75. Found so many wise quotes today and ones to smile about. I do believe that pets can mend a broken heart, and more beside.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  76. Such a lovely combination of a beautiful animal photo and a thoughtful quote. The image really catches the eye and makes the post even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  77. The idea that one of my cats could be a saint at any time runs contrary to my experiences! But he's still great!!
    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  78. I laughed at the hedge fund hog :D
    What lovely pink flowers you photographed!
    So there is a Winnie the Pooh?! :)
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Aww, what beautiful animals and lovely quotes! I totally fell in love with the white puppy.

    The picture of the cat asleep on the book totally relates to me, haha! That is so me at 2 AM with only a couple of chapters left to read.

    As always, I love your photos, too! That wall mural is so nice, and I really enjoyed the story of Winnie the Pooh as well.

    Thanks for gathering so many inspiring quotes, nice videos and lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hello! My favourite is the one about opportunities around the corner. :))

    ReplyDelete
  81. I like those tips and those stories; they're always interesting, just like the rest of the post.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hi Linda,
    Another great post!!! Thank you for sharing.
    I do enjoy your photos too. Please keep sharing them.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  83. I needed that after seeing a news story about some idiot in Chicago who's spent his whole life killing kittens...

    ReplyDelete
  84. Siempre tus maravillosas frases y citas y lindas fotos

    Paz

    Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  85. Oh my goodness, these are so cute. I always save a couple of these to share.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Olá, amiga Linda, mais uma excelente postagem que gostei muito.
    Parabéns!
    Votos de uma ótima semana, com muita saúde e paz.
    Abraços.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Those books do sound interesting, I usually look to see if our library has a book before I go buy one :) Our friends dog has got very ill, and may have to put him out of his misery, I feel so bad for him. I have been through it so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I enjoyed all the wisdom and humor in your post, Linda. The reminder about how pets mend broken hearts really touched me -- they bring comfort in ways words can’t always capture.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I always love animal memes! And that's a great mural.

    ReplyDelete
  90. I was half-expecting a Roy Acuff cover of a Deep Purple song.

    I like the art on the Be Kind to Animals meme. It looks like late 19th-early 20th century illustration. At least that's the style it's trying to evoke.

    ReplyDelete
  91. wednesday morning greeting from kuala lumpur! i'm invigilating final exam for my students (masters in business law). for today, i choose this quote: Everybody deserves somebody who makes them look forward to tomorrow. take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  92. Wonderful post, animals know how to entertain people. Sometimes I watch animal videos on Pinterest, they always brighten up the day.

    ReplyDelete
  93. It's always a pleasure to visit your blog and find such interesting content!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Thank you again! You're very kind!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Dieses Mal hast du ganz besonders viele Tierbilder. Sie sind so niedlich. Ich mag die Katzen, aber der kleine weiße Hund ist zum verlieben.

    ReplyDelete
  96. I love that quote by Abraham Lincoln. Such a perceptive comment from such an amazing man. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Oi,Linda! Eu adorei o mural do prédio e as dicas de livros! Os animais nos tornam mais humanos, sim! Muita gente está descobrindo isso. Citações perfeitas! Beijos nas bochechas! 🌺😘

    ReplyDelete
  98. I love this one: "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without words - and never stops at all. - Emily Dickinson"

    I feel like hope is something a lot of people are missing these days. We need more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  99. I like the theme here. Animals really can love us unconditionally and make a positive difference in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  100. I genuinely enjoyed reading this post from beginning to end. It is informative, interesting, and written in a way that makes the information easy to understand without losing the reader's attention. There are many useful details here, and I like the fact that the article gives the topic proper attention instead of rushing through it. The writing feels thoughtful and authentic, and the overall structure makes the content comfortable to follow. It is always refreshing to discover a blog post that offers real value while remaining enjoyable to read. The information shared here can certainly help readers who are interested in this subject, and the effort put into creating such a detailed post deserves appreciation. Great work, and I hope to see more informative and engaging articles from this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Thank you for sharing lovely piece! I always find so much comfort in your posts, the combination of thoughtful quotes and your deep care for animals always brightens my day. 🐱

    ReplyDelete
  102. That is so true about watching a cat get older.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Interesting video about the real Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  104. The seagull thief was hilarious! Seagulls are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  105. the colorful flowers really brightened this post...

    it reminds us that happiness is often found in the little moments we sometimes overlook...

    ReplyDelete
  106. Thanks for sharing the real Winnie the Pooh.
    Have a great weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Scrolling through your collection of quotes and animal moments feels like a gentle pause in the day, and the mix of humor, sweetness and thoughtful reflections creates a warm space that really does brighten the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  108. I always love the animal quotes and the sweet pictures that go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  109. The animal books you're planning to get reminded me that I enjoyed reading James Herriot years back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Life, and our Beautiful Planet Earth

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...