Family friendly personal blog. A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Sunday, August 16, 2026
Mid-Month Medley
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day.
Caring, sharing and just being there when someone needs a friend is worth more than anything in the world.
Cats remind us that independence and affection can live in the same heart. :)
Kindness is free. Sprinkle it everywhere.
Trust in your wings and soar to new heights. Dream big and shine bright. Follow the Joyful Sky.
Start again. Try again. Trust again. Open up again. Believe again. Love yourself again. Be happy again.
Good morning. Today I'm going to try and appear normal and mentally balanced...wish me luck!!! :)
Notorious criminal, (Canada goose) Pecky McPoopsalot, has finally been apprehended. A grateful nation can finally sleep easy tonight. :)
Meanwhile in Canada
When we judge the scratches on others' halos...it's our own halo that cracks.
Princess Sassy Pants & Co.
Always proud to see my friends growing because I know life isn't the easiest right now, but I'm proud of you and rooting for you. - Hughes Zane
Take the time to bloom.
I literally love being at home, in my own space, comfortable. Not surrounded by people.
Empaths connect with animals easily. Animals heal empaths.
This water saved me today. Thank you.
Home & Garden Tips
Drink water because...it suppresses your appetite. It aids in digestion. It fights bloating. It tones your muscles. It flushes toxins out. It helps reduce cholesterol. It helps the liver function. It stops you from confusing hunger and thirst.
Earth is not a platform for human life. It's a living being. We're not on it but part of it. Its health is our health. - Thomas Moore
Heart Math
Forests are the world's air-conditioning system - the lungs of the planet. And we are on the verge of switching it off. - King Charles
The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view.
The first photo is of the sky on a beautiful day!
I took this photo of the sunset, just a little pink in the sky.
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)
Watch this fish "drive" to his mom to get treats (The Dodo)
See a sea turtle devour a jellyfish like spaghetti (National Geographic)
Yesterday - The Beatles
Happy Together - The Poppy Family
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mid-Month Medley
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me here. I really app...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for stopping by today! Here are today's picks,...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time to come and visit me here. I rea...


















Linda, I so agree that kindness is free and that we should be generous with it! Be kind to others and that favor will come back manifold! I love the photos of the sky, lovely blue and I could see the pink streak. Have a wonderful week ahead!
ReplyDelete...Linda, you have crafted a fabulous post. It's hard to pick a favorite, but
ReplyDelete"Trust in your wings and soar to new heights. Dream big and shine bright. Follow the Joyful Sky," speaks to me, thanks!!!
We can never be reminded often enough that we should be caring and sharing people. Thanks, Linda
ReplyDeleteKindness should be sprinkled liberally all around us. The world would be a much better place. I love looking at clouds.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
How do you consistently find so many good things to share? I really can't pick a favorite today. You got some great cloud shots. We have to enjoy those blue skies right? The Happy song was fun to listen to again, it's been a long time since I heard it.
ReplyDeleteThe turtle eating the jellyfish is amazing.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, enjoying your blog postings as I flow along in the sampan you’re paddling. Since there’s this turbulence in our very divided world, it’s really nice to visit your feathered and gentle lair. I hope to visit it more often. Thank you for visiting my 60’s Music Blog from Singapore.
ReplyDeleteSinceramente me encantan. Los vídeos también, especialmente Beatles. Lo de la tortuga me sorprendió. Saludos desde España
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteMy two favorites are,
“Good morning. Today I'm going to try and appear normal and mentally balanced...wish me luck!!! :)”
“I literally love being at home, in my own space, comfortable. Not surrounded by people.”
Those fish drivers are amazing!
ReplyDeleteSuloisia kissakuvia Linda. Rakastat kissoja. Milläkin on ollut kolme kissaa, kukin omana aikanaan. Nyt niitä tosin ei enää. Kolmivuotiaan lapsenlapseni kodissa on nytkin kaksi kissaa.
ReplyDeleteUpeita pilviä ja auringonlaskuja. Kiitos niistä.
Na een lange tijd/periode is het hier ook eindelijk aan het regenen en dit blijft voorlopig ook zo. De hitte keert gelukkig niet meer terug. Dit is goed nieuws voor alle dieren en voor de natuurlijk. Het zijn leuke plaatjes met vele leuke boodschappen. Maar we zagen hier ook een bericht over Canadese gans en wat daarmee precies gebeurd is weten we nog niet helemaal. Maar zo te zien is de rust weer terug gekeerd.
ReplyDeleteEen mooie dag gewenst!😊
Hi Linda, enjoying your blog postings as I flow along in the sampan you’re paddling. Since there’s this turbulence in our very divided world, it’s really nice to visit your feathered and gentle lair. I hope to visit it more often. Thank you for visiting my 60’s Music Blog from Singapore. ANDY YOUNG. [This comment was posted under ANONYMOUS. My apologies if it's repeated.]
ReplyDeleteDear Linda, thank you for the three photos of the lovely sky.
ReplyDeleteThe sky is more blue in Montreal 💕 ☁️ 💙
Have a good week ahead 😊
The touch of pink in the clouds is nice.
ReplyDeleteI didn't think the marching band would be very funny, but it was.
An inspiring way to start the week
ReplyDeleteYips, I was happy to be there for a friend just last weekend - if only via WhatsApp, though....
ReplyDeleteTo water! And the marching band made me laugh! Wow on the fish - and why not?! Have a great start to the week, dear friend Linda - here sadly cold again, so... warm hugs and much love on the way.
Those are beautiful photos of the sky you took!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the lovely and wonderful quotes and sayings—the one with the goose really made me laugh... great videos!!!!
Have a great week ahead! Hugs, Elke
More lovely cats memes :) I love the idea that kindness is free!
ReplyDeletegood evening dear linda..it's 5 pm now in kuala lumpur..i'm just back to my routine..was away for few days..visiting my mom at our hometown.. anyway for today, i choose the 1st quote: Caring, sharing and just being there when someone needs a friend is worth more than anything in the world.! take care dear linda! loving all the sky/clouds pics!
ReplyDeleteI used to have a cat, but it has passed away. It’s so sad.
ReplyDeleteYes, love yourself and keep doing good deeds. Trust people, but don’t trust completely, or you may end up disappointed.
Anyway, thank you for sharing those motivational words.
You always have the best blog and videos. Have a blessed day.
ReplyDeleteI love the halo one the best!!! Gah!! Have a happy week!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blue sky, clouds and sunset, Linda.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your weekly inspirations and smiles. The little bird sat in the birdbath is so sweet and shows how a simple act of kindness can really be a life saver. Have a great week.
The first picture of the two cats is like our dogs: old dog, and new dog, always together.
ReplyDeleteNot surprised that he pooped in the police car as well, ducks are vicious!
ReplyDeleteI used to raise these geese and they are not always very friendly...and yes, they poop everywhere. My dogs used to roll in it. Ick.
ReplyDeleteKindness? We could use a lot of that spread around.
Love them all. Such an uplifting post. I can spread kindness all over the place.
ReplyDeleteI linked this post to my Awww Monday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous day and week, Linda. ♥
Linda fascinating about the fish driving the car. Are not God's creatures amazing?? The songs of "Happy Together and Yesterday" take me back to my own youth. Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a lovely day. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteOh, I remember The Poppy Family (Susan and Terry Jacks) from back in the day! I liked their music and "sound." And I would LOVE my own personal marching band! If that happened to me, I'd pretend to be the Drum Major at the front, leading them all and keeping the beat with my mace!
ReplyDeleteOh, those Canadian geese ... they are tough!
ReplyDeleteA great mix of quotes today, Linda. Have a lovely week!
A series about kindness and empathy.
ReplyDelete"Kindness is free. Sprinkle it everywhere." Deus caritas est!
ReplyDeleteGreat post
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely and cheerful post! I always enjoy visiting your blog because there is something so relaxing about browsing through your beautiful images and little moments. This was another delightful collection that brought a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing and brightening up my day!
ReplyDeleteKisses
Cuidar, compartilhar e estar presente: realmente isso muda o mundo querida Linda!!
ReplyDeleteObrigada pelas maravilhosas palavras de apoio, mas eu estou um pouco incrédula na humanidade desde a minha queda de bicicleta na semana passada, em que ninguém parou para me acudir naquele momento difícil!!
Mas sigo a vida, tentando melhorar como pessoa um pouquinho a cada dia!!!
Beijos e uma linda semana! :))))
The turtle really took care of the jellyfish, it's amazing. Thanks for this lovely post, Linda.
ReplyDeleteThe goose...
ReplyDeleteI would enjoy it, dear Linda, the music around me!
Lie(f)s.
Thanks for sharing your picks.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful skies.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda
ReplyDeleteI so agree "Kindness is free. Sprinkle it everywhere."
I did enjoy your sky photographs ... lovely.
Have a good week.
All the best Jan
Kindness is free. Sprinkle it everywhere.
ReplyDeleteI just loved the above quote today. I have been trying to say something kind to someone each and everyday.
You inspire me Linda with your quotes, keep sharing them.
I enjoyed your sky photos. :-)
Fascinating about the fish driving:)
ReplyDeleteLove all of these especially the picture of the dog and cat with something about empathy. Nice pictures of the clouds
ReplyDeleteLove your blue Montreal skies, Linda! The goldfish video was amazing. I think we woefully underestimate the intelligence and abilities of animals. This is so hard: "Start again. Try again. Trust again. Open up again. Believe again. Love yourself again. Be happy again." But if I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have Terry. Such excellent advice. Have a great week, my dear friend! ❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDeleteLovely cloud photos, Linda. And some lovely quotes, too. Thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteGood morning. Today I'm going to try and appear normal and mentally balanced...wish me luck!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is me!
Sandie
Your Montreal skys are beautiful!! Thank you for all of the wisdom offered again today! You find the best advice for us, always! xo
ReplyDeleteHow can it be the middle of the month already?!? Time needs to slow down.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! Thank you for sharing these sweet memes and videos with us. It is hard to believe it’s already the second half of the month. Time just seems to fly these days. I hope you’re having a great week.
ReplyDeleteCanadian geese are the devil. Our resident birds seem to have finally left for the winter (I hope).
ReplyDeleteBeautiful skies, Linda 💙🩵
ReplyDeleteThe first picture of the two hugging cats is really sweet.
Always good to think about the environment.
Thank you for a lovely post; it appeared late on my side bar, but it's there now 🙂 and all is well in the world.
You have the best quotes! Thanks, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI'm a Beatles fan too :)
ReplyDelete