Family friendly personal blog.
A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
The Wonders of Family!
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
My Monday post did appear on my blog; however, it did not appear in the Blogger news reader for everyone, and for the ones it did, it showed up 24 hours late! Still issues with this, and I know this is happening for many of you as well. So I am including the link to my Monday post for those of you who may have missed it. Thank you all so much for your love and support. :)
Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!
Feline grace and poise, a reminder to move through life with subtle elegance. - Odin Wilde
Cat Wisdom 101
In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together and the music that brings harmony. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Bored Panda
A family of bears. :)
Meanwhile in Canada
If we experienced life through the eyes of a child, everything would be magical and extraordinary. Let our curiosity, adventure and wonder of life never end. - Aklane Kramarik
Capture the Atlas
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet, with a few nuts. - Les Dawson :)
Parade
In the family sandwich, the older people and the younger ones can recognize one another as the bread. Those in the middle are, for a time, the meat. - Anna Quindlen
Reader's Digest
Vacations with family are like musical symphony - they're a harmony of laughter, love and memories. - Zig Ziglar
Nomadic Foodist
The following photos are of my own family, which my cousin Vince kindly shared with me! These are photos of my mother's side of the family. Vince is also on my mother's side of the family. (he is my mother's younger sister's son) You can click on any image to see a larger view. This photo is of Aunt Beck, (my mother's aunt and my great aunt) She lived until the age of 81 and died in 1977.
Another photo of my great Aunt Beck, when she was younger. My mother and I were very close to Aunt Beck. We spent a lot of time with her, she was a very kind and loving woman!
This couple were my great aunt, Aunt Beck's parents.
A photo of my mother, who died in 1983 at the age of 67.
From left to right: My Aunt Audrey (my cousin Vince's mother and youngest sister of my mother), my father and my Aunt Eileen (my mother's other sister)
Aunt Eileen died in 1973 and Aunt Audrey died in 1997.
My father died in 1984 at the age of 64.
My mother. (who died in 1983)
Myself, as a little girl, and my mother. I think I was perhaps 4 years old in this photo.
My mother.
My great aunts (from left to right) May, Beck, Bunny...and the lady on the far right is my grandmother, all on my mother's side of the family. As far as what the small thing is in front of them, neither my cousin nor I can figure out what it is! :)
This is a photo of my great grandfather's sister.
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)
Man finds tiny duckling alone in 90 degree heat and saves his life (The Dodo)
Bride uses her wedding to get stray kitten adopted :) (The Dodo)
Circle of Life - Leo Rojas (pan flute and flute music with beautiful nature views!)
Ma Belle Amie - Tee-Set
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Your memes are great as usual, but my favorite were all your gorgeous family photos. Your mother was a beautiful and very stylish woman. May she rest in peace.
Hi Linda! Family is of course wonderful but sadly there are people who were or are not in stable happy families. Thank you for sharing photos of your family members. It was a delight looking at the old photos, like travelling back in time! The photo of your Aunt Beck's parents reminded me of the Victorian era!
Good evening to you Linda, thank you for letting me know the local time for me to expect your post. Your family photos have a nostalgic feel to them because they are vintage treasures 💕 All of them look so tall in the photos so I think you must be very tall too. Could it be a squirrel 🐿️ in front of them in the photo? I think I could see a bushy tail. 😀
Dear Linda, just wondering, for your project, did you and your cousin digitalised all these photos so that they can be preserved longer online for future generations to look at in your family tree?
Hi Linda! I'm a little concerned because once again your post has not shown up in my feed source. But I came to see the family photos which I really enjoyed. You have a beautiful family, I love seeing the stylish ladies in your family tree. I had a dear friend named Becky who passed away about 5 years ago at 63 years old. We called her Beck, so seeing your aunt Beck reminded me of her. PS- I'm vacationing in the Upper Peninsula right now on the edge of Lake Superior. We were on a boat ride yesterday and saw Canada so I yelled out a hi to you. Did you hear it? :)
Your family photos are such treasures! Thank you for the inspiration. I'm getting tired of not getting notified when someone posts. I don't know why they can't fix it.
I hope I'm not one of the nuts in the family. :) I loved the old family photos; who do you think you resemble? Your mom was so elegant! The way people dressed back then was so classy.
Hello Linda :) I loved seeing your family photos. Your mother was an eligant and beautiful lady..I enjoyed the video clips of the duckling and kitty, I'm glad they each found a family to belong to.:) I know I wrote that I wouldn't be visiting but it is cooler this morning and I had a better nights sleep. All the best Sonjia
Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. A minha reflexão preferida é "Se vivêssemos com pelos olhos de uma criança tudo seria mágico e extraordinário. Que nossa curiosidade, espírito aventureiros admiração pela vida jamais se apaguem". Obrigado por dividir um pouco, da história da sua família conosco. Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares em Montreal e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.
Your memes are great as usual, but my favorite were all your gorgeous family photos. Your mother was a beautiful and very stylish woman. May she rest in peace.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your lovely family photos, Linda! I really enjoyed them! ❤️
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! Family is of course wonderful but sadly there are people who were or are not in stable happy families. Thank you for sharing photos of your family members. It was a delight looking at the old photos, like travelling back in time! The photo of your Aunt Beck's parents reminded me of the Victorian era!
ReplyDelete"Let our curiosity, adventure and wonder of life never end." Amen to that!
ReplyDeleteGood evening to you Linda, thank you for letting me know the local time for me to expect your post.
ReplyDeleteYour family photos have a nostalgic feel to them because they are vintage treasures 💕 All of them look so tall in the photos so I think you must be very tall too. Could it be a squirrel 🐿️ in front of them in the photo? I think I could see a bushy tail. 😀
Dear Linda, just wondering, for your project, did you and your cousin digitalised all these photos so that they can be preserved longer online for future generations to look at in your family tree?
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! I'm a little concerned because once again your post has not shown up in my feed source. But I came to see the family photos which I really enjoyed. You have a beautiful family, I love seeing the stylish ladies in your family tree. I had a dear friend named Becky who passed away about 5 years ago at 63 years old. We called her Beck, so seeing your aunt Beck reminded me of her.
ReplyDeletePS- I'm vacationing in the Upper Peninsula right now on the edge of Lake Superior. We were on a boat ride yesterday and saw Canada so I yelled out a hi to you. Did you hear it? :)
Terima kasih atas berbagi pengalaman dan cerita
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your old photos! Ladies got dressed up back then!
ReplyDeleteI love looking at pictures of people from the past. Thank you for the ones you posted.
ReplyDeleteYour family photos are such treasures! Thank you for the inspiration. I'm getting tired of not getting notified when someone posts. I don't know why they can't fix it.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to have the family photos. I lack really old photos although my sister has some, which I haven't seen for a long time.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the old black-and-white photos of your family.
ReplyDeleteWhat a treasure, to get all those old family photos.
ReplyDeleteI hope I'm not one of the nuts in the family. :) I loved the old family photos; who do you think you resemble? Your mom was so elegant! The way people dressed back then was so classy.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any photo of grand parents...thank you for sharing them, Linda.
ReplyDeleteSuper :)
ReplyDeleteNice memes but your family photos are really lovely and good to see. Just for laughs was indeed funny, Linda.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda,
ReplyDeleteWonderful post and I enjoyed seeing your family photos.
Take care, enjoy your day!
Those photos are awesome how nice of him to share such a treasure
ReplyDeleteHello Linda :) I loved seeing your family photos. Your mother was an eligant and beautiful lady..I enjoyed the video clips of the duckling and kitty, I'm glad they each found a family to belong to.:) I know I wrote that I wouldn't be visiting but it is cooler this morning and I had a better nights sleep.
ReplyDeleteAll the best
Sonjia
Nice family pics!
ReplyDeleteWANTED!!!! And sweet ducky-story, too.
Dear friend Linda, from way too cold August weather... warm hugs and much love on the way.
Bears on a fence is fun.
ReplyDeleteBom dia minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. A minha reflexão preferida é "Se vivêssemos com pelos olhos de uma criança tudo seria mágico e extraordinário. Que nossa curiosidade, espírito aventureiros admiração pela vida jamais se apaguem". Obrigado por dividir um pouco, da história da sua família conosco. Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares em Montreal e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.
ReplyDeleteGreat post videos. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your post!
ReplyDeleteGood family pics.
ReplyDelete