Family friendly personal blog. A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Sunday, August 30, 2026
Lighten Your Load
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!
With a single blink, a cat imparts an ancient wisdom - be independent, yet find comfort in companionship. - Odin Wilde
Lucie Bilodeau, Artist
Life feels lighter when you enjoy it as it comes.
Learn to sit back and observe. Not everything needs a reaction.
Timeless Rewind
Better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope!
Sometimes change isn't what we want, but it might be what we need.
I'm at a point in my life where I just want my family happy, my health good, my mind right and no drama.
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind. - Henri-Frederic Amiel
My goal this week is to move...just enough so people don't think I'm dead! :)
Life becomes lighter when you stop carrying what's not yours to hold.
Don't carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them.
The Meaning of Life
Sometimes you have to let go of the picture of what you thought it would be like and learn to find joy in the story you are actually living.
The less you respond to negativity the more peaceful your life becomes.
Be as happy as a seagull with a french fry. :)
Lighten up. Just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more and don't get so worked up about things.
fabQuote
Thank you for not feeding us bread. Bread makes us ill, as it does not contain the right nutrition or calories that we need to keep warm in the winter. Rotting bread pollutes our water and causes nasty surface algae, which kills our fish and gives us diseases. It also makes our water smell.
We do like: cut seedless grapes, cooked rice, birdseed, peas, corn, oats and chopped lettuce.
Going for daily walks is a great way to get out of your head and into your body.
Walking helps your brain make sense of what you're going through. Walk after a fight. Walk when your mind is spinning. Walk when you need to remember who you are. Your body knows what to do. Just walk. - Dr. Nicole Lepera
Tiny Buddha
I got breakfast! You got coffee? :)
Good night. Sweet dreams.
The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone, here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view. These first two photos are of the sky at dusk/sunset.
This last photo is one that I actually took from across the street and zoomed in. It is a beautiful mural on a building, a bulldog named Tilly. :)
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)
Lost goose follows man back to lake (The Dodo)
Dog has an emotional support rat :) (Girl with the Dogs)
I want to hold your hand - The Beatles (Live on the Ed Sullivan Show)
Nothing's gonna change my love for you - Glenn Medeiros (Jacky Show tv performance) Glenn was only 18 years old when he sang this song! Great singer. He sang this song in 1988. (born in 1970). He is now 56 years old.
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lighten Your Load
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me here. I really app...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for stopping by today! Here are today's picks,...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time to come and visit me here. I rea...






















We are a cat family. Cat photos seem likely this year.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
How do you always find so many good things? I always think - that's a good one, and then that's a good one... :) I think today I'm choosing the one about gladdening the hearts of those around us.
ReplyDeleteYour photos today are beautiful and I'm a big fan of murals, that's a good one!
...once again Linda, you packed your post full of interesting and wonderful thoughts. We all need to remember that it's "better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope!" Amen, sister, be well and happy.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful collection of uplifting thoughts and quotes, Linda! The reminder to "make haste to be kind" is always a great one to live by. I also really enjoyed your photos of the Montreal sky at dusk and that amazing bulldog mural of Tilly. Thanks for always putting together such a peaceful and inspiring space to visit!
ReplyDeleteHello Linda
ReplyDeleteWhat a super post ... another great selection for us, thank you.
Your photographs were lovely and I did enjoy listening to Glenn singing 'Nothing's gonna change my love for you'
All the best Jan
So much wisdom, yet again!! My favorites were about dropping the drama, and not holding onto things that aren't yours to hold!! Amen!! Great photos of your lovely Montreal!! Have a blessed week ahead!
ReplyDelete