Family friendly personal blog. A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Sunday, August 30, 2026
Lighten Your Load
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!
With a single blink, a cat imparts an ancient wisdom - be independent, yet find comfort in companionship. - Odin Wilde
Lucie Bilodeau, Artist
Life feels lighter when you enjoy it as it comes.
Learn to sit back and observe. Not everything needs a reaction.
Timeless Rewind
Better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope!
Sometimes change isn't what we want, but it might be what we need.
I'm at a point in my life where I just want my family happy, my health good, my mind right and no drama.
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind. - Henri-Frederic Amiel
My goal this week is to move...just enough so people don't think I'm dead! :)
Life becomes lighter when you stop carrying what's not yours to hold.
Don't carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them.
The Meaning of Life
Sometimes you have to let go of the picture of what you thought it would be like and learn to find joy in the story you are actually living.
The less you respond to negativity the more peaceful your life becomes.
Be as happy as a seagull with a french fry. :)
Lighten up. Just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more and don't get so worked up about things.
fabQuote
Thank you for not feeding us bread. Bread makes us ill, as it does not contain the right nutrition or calories that we need to keep warm in the winter. Rotting bread pollutes our water and causes nasty surface algae, which kills our fish and gives us diseases. It also makes our water smell.
We do like: cut seedless grapes, cooked rice, birdseed, peas, corn, oats and chopped lettuce.
Going for daily walks is a great way to get out of your head and into your body.
Walking helps your brain make sense of what you're going through. Walk after a fight. Walk when your mind is spinning. Walk when you need to remember who you are. Your body knows what to do. Just walk. - Dr. Nicole Lepera
Tiny Buddha
I got breakfast! You got coffee? :)
Good night. Sweet dreams.
The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone, here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view. These first two photos are of the sky at dusk/sunset.
This last photo is one that I actually took from across the street and zoomed in. It is a beautiful mural on a building, a bulldog named Tilly. :)
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)
Lost goose follows man back to lake (The Dodo)
Dog has an emotional support rat :) (Girl with the Dogs)
I want to hold your hand - The Beatles (Live on the Ed Sullivan Show)
Nothing's gonna change my love for you - Glenn Medeiros (Jacky Show tv performance) Glenn was only 18 years old when he sang this song! Great singer. He sang this song in 1988. (born in 1970). He is now 56 years old.
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thoughts and Smiles
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come and v...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! Thank you so much for visiting me here! I really appreciate the time you take to come here. Here are...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come and...























We are a cat family. Cat photos seem likely this year.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
How do you always find so many good things? I always think - that's a good one, and then that's a good one... :) I think today I'm choosing the one about gladdening the hearts of those around us.
ReplyDeleteYour photos today are beautiful and I'm a big fan of murals, that's a good one!
...once again Linda, you packed your post full of interesting and wonderful thoughts. We all need to remember that it's "better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope!" Amen, sister, be well and happy.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful collection of uplifting thoughts and quotes, Linda! The reminder to "make haste to be kind" is always a great one to live by. I also really enjoyed your photos of the Montreal sky at dusk and that amazing bulldog mural of Tilly. Thanks for always putting together such a peaceful and inspiring space to visit!
ReplyDeleteHello Linda
ReplyDeleteWhat a super post ... another great selection for us, thank you.
Your photographs were lovely and I did enjoy listening to Glenn singing 'Nothing's gonna change my love for you'
All the best Jan
So much wisdom, yet again!! My favorites were about dropping the drama, and not holding onto things that aren't yours to hold!! Amen!! Great photos of your lovely Montreal!! Have a blessed week ahead!
ReplyDeleteLindas imagenes. Ten una buena semana. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteThose are some pretty wise cats!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a lovely sunset. Sunrise?
ReplyDeleteHi Liz, yes, this was a sunset. :)
Deletemorning greetings from kuala lumpur. today is 69th malaysia's independence day. it's public holiday. so far i have no plan, just stay at home at watch parade on TV. i love all your sunset pics! i choose this quote for today: Life feels lighter when you enjoy it as it comes... take care dear linda
ReplyDeleteI'm grateful Princess doesn't have an emotional support rat. It's bad enough when she presents me with a dead rat that she asks me to cook, like the kitty announcing he's brought breakfast.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
I don't' remember his name or seeing Glenn Medeiros but it seems he was certainly a very popular singer. I do remember his voice and some of his hits.
ReplyDeleteSunset and dusk photos are some of my favorites . I am in awe of the clouds - so pretty. A wonderful selection of quotes to begin our week. Thank you so much, dear Linda for brightening my day. Hugs.
ReplyDelete¡Hola, amiga!
ReplyDeleteQue lindas publicaciones siempre las tuyas.
Te mando un fuerte abrazo.
What caught my fancy the most: Just enough so that people don't think me dead.
ReplyDeleteLinda, I like this quote "Be independent, yet find comfort in companionship"! I love your photos of the sky, so lovely.
ReplyDeleteGlenn Medeiros ❤️
ReplyDeleteExcellent instructions for feeding the ducks. 🦆
Who would have thought?
Very good advice for life, wise quotes, nice picks, Linda 💚
I usually read everything twice. Plenty to think about.
Grazie come sempre per queste belle frasi
ReplyDeleteThe sunset photos are lovely, but that mural of Tilly the bulldog really caught my attention too. I also smiled at the goose following the man back to the lake, and the little breakfast and coffee cat was such a cute way to end the post. There is something lovely about a post that doesn't take itself too seriously and simply gives you a collection of things to enjoy.
ReplyDeleteDe judicieux conseils pour affronter les aléas de la vie! 👍
ReplyDeleteBonne semaine 🐻🧸🐻❄️
Life certainly is short! Best to appreciate the beauty around us. The mural of Tilly is very sweet and your sky photos are gorgeous! Have a lovely week, hugs!
ReplyDeleteThe sunset where you are is beautiful, and the painting of the dog is great!
ReplyDeleteYour quotes and words of wisdom are once again so inspiring for mastering everyday life and drawing strength—thank you, Linda, and thanks for the videos, too!
Have a wonderful 1st of September, hugs Elke
Lovely quotes and cats, Linda. I like your photos too! The sunset is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful quotes, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI think these are wonderful.
The less you react to negativity, the calmer your life will be.
I walk between 8 and 10 kilometers every day, rain or shine; I love walking, it is very healthy and good for your body.
The photos of the cloudy sky are beautiful.
All the best, Irma
Several bits of wise advice
ReplyDeleteLovely photos. The sunset is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI agree that walking is very healthy.
"No drama" sounds absolutely perfect! I second that feeling.
ReplyDeleteThe kitten painting is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteNot everything needs a reaction, is very good advice!
Beautiful sky photos!
Okay a rat as na emotional support animal is a little wierd :)
Have a great week!
Quando avevo il collie non era troppo contento quando gli facevamo il bagno
ReplyDeleteCiao cara Linda felice settimana, un abbraccio
enrico
Linda, today I chose the quote "Be as happy as a seagull with a French fry. :)" because it made me laugh. Give a seagull one French fry and, for a few seconds, it owns the whole beach. A big hug.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sunset shots.
ReplyDeleteI like the "learn to sit back and observe. Not everything needs a reaction"
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post, and we have coffee, so come on over with your mousie and let's enjoy the snack :D Double Pawkisses for a Happy Monday ♥
ReplyDeleteDearly love those sky photos! Great quotes you have here, you must take ages to get these so perfectly for your posts! I sang "I Want To Hold Your Hand" to my first grandchild last year! She will have her first birthday this week!
ReplyDeleteDear friend Linda, I so go with the first one! Love the "Life feels lighter"-picture.
ReplyDeleteNeed to learn to observe before acting, good advice!
LOL, Ingo has bathing shorts with seagulls who have fries!
Yes, bread... I saw kangaroos gotten fed by bread, had stomach issues and when the pain was over took the next.
Sad!
Hihi, after a fight with Ingo I walked over 20 km!
Great skies and cute mural.
A support-rat, how sweet - much love and warm hugs on the way.
Loved this, Linda - 'My goal this week is to move...just enough so people don't think I'm dead'!
ReplyDeleteI did laugh at the dog 'just for laughs'.
You photos of dusk are beautiful, a lovely time of the evening.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteGreat collection of inspiring quotes. I love your sky images. The Beatles Songs are favorites of mine, I love them all. Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.
Walking and fresh air always set me to rights, Linda. Love all your inspiration here today. And yes, I have coffee!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images, cool cats, congrats 💐☺️
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your comment, live love laugh
Dear Linda, your two sunset photos are so beautiful with all the golden colours. Have a good week ahead!
ReplyDeleteI especially liked the optimist having a bad day than the pessimist with no hope meme. I even wrote that down in my journal. Pessimism can really wipe you out and those around you too. Have a super new week.
ReplyDeleteI like the tought of moving just enough. 😄
ReplyDeleteSo many good ones! Thank you, Linda.
ReplyDeleteUnas frases magnificas y que como siempre sacamos alguna enseñanza, como lo perjudicial que puede ser el tirar pan al agua para los patos.
ReplyDeleteEn tus fotos lograste plasmar un bonito atardecer y también un bello mural.
Recordaba haber escuchado el nombre de Glenn Medeiros y la canción pero ya no los asociaba.
Saludos.
Moudré myšlenky
ReplyDeleteSo many profound thoughts and nice pictures.
ReplyDeleteREgards
Elke
Does it say anything about cats and lizards????? LOL. Love your sky pictures!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely skies over Canada. I often look at our skies here praying for rain, but still not a drop more than two months now.
ReplyDeleteLots of good ones in this post, Linda. This is one is where I am now "I'm at a point in my life where I just want my family happy, my health good, my mind right and no drama." I always enjoy seeing your photos. Hope you have a great week.
ReplyDeleteYou have done it again great post and videos. Have a great day. Madeline
ReplyDeleteI didn't know about oats and grapes for ducks. We have quite a few out in front right now (about 20). And I have some grapes I could share! Maybe oats, too!
ReplyDeleteI had a bulldog named Tilly! You got some good photos on your walk.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post. You made me smile and you made me say Awww.
ReplyDeleteI linked this post to Awww Mondays.
Have a fabulous day and week, Linda. Hugs. ♥
Lindo, dobře, že jsi zařadila doporučení, čím se mají krmit zvířata. Jenže, oves nemám a hrozny kupuji málokdy. To bych těch hroznů potřebovala ... moooc!
ReplyDeletePřeji hezký začátek září, Lindo.
Good Morning Linda! I appreciate the "I'm at a point" quote. That sounds like me. The "thank you" quote is interesting with the duck, and good to know what's best to feed the birds, although I haven't been to the ocean in ages. Your sunset photos are so pretty, and they look a bit mysterious. And lastly, when I saw the cat and the mouse, I cringed a little, as I have a fear of the mice and rats, but I'm glad the cat got it hehehe.
ReplyDeleteHappy September Linda!
Beautiful sunset photo's, dear friend!
ReplyDeleteNice gag! Hope the money was real!
Lie(f)s.
Kiitos viisaista ajatuksista Linda.
ReplyDeleteIloa ja valoa päivääsi!
"My goal this week is to move...just enough so people don't think I'm dead! " Loooove that!!!! I will be ideal for my friend who comes back to work after a prolonged absence and is super scared. It might be her motto. :D :D :D
ReplyDeleteThey are all good, but my favorite today is, Life feels lighter when you enjoy it as it comes!! Hope you enjoy your day!!
ReplyDeleteQué bonito el de los dos gatitos dándose un beso.
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo.
So sweet, I wish you very nice day ♥
ReplyDeleteAll these made my day. Thank you Linda! I got to say the one "Be Happy as happy as a Seagall with a French Fry" kept my smile up :) ~Nessa
ReplyDeleteCom sempre, belas fotos e sábias citações! Esta semana, a minha preferida foi "Seja independente, mas encontre conforto na companhia"; é quase uma definição de AMOR! Meu abraço, Linda, boa semana.
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful, Linda!
ReplyDeleteThank you for all this great stuff to read and get inspired!
ReplyDeleteI can always count on you for a great dose of cat memes.
ReplyDelete"É melhor ser um otimista que se decepciona do que um pessimista que não tem esperança!" Amei essa fase e levarei junto com o meu livro de cabeceira!!
ReplyDeleteE se você aprecia canções que nos deixam calmas e com uma leveza incomparável venha no meu artigo da semana que acabei de editar e publicar no meu canal no YouTube. É surpreendente querida Linda!!!
Feliz ingresso em setembro!!
Beijos e uma semana maravilhosa!! :))))
Hello Linda…… I love all of the quotes and the photos taken in Montreal… And thank you for the lovely comment left on my blog. Michelle
ReplyDeleteThese are all great.
ReplyDeleteNice photos and videos :) I also like to photograph the sky. Thank you for visiting my blog :-)
ReplyDeleteWise words, and delightful images. X
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful post Linda - thank you ♥️ I love & enjoy them all. Your sunset photos are just stunning & I love the mural of the bulldog. Thank you for your visit to my blog & your sweet comment Linda. xx
ReplyDeleteAs you might have guessed the walking quote is my favorite! :) Lots of wise words.
ReplyDeleteWalking might just help. I will be happier to walk more when it cools down. I loved these.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how many people ignore signs about feeding birds bread, I never even give it to my chickens. Actually, I rarely eat the stuff myself!
ReplyDeleteLove the mural.
Love the cat pictures!
ReplyDeleteI never tire of the Beatles.
ReplyDeleteI have to learn to sit back and observe, like the cat in the fourth quote. 😁
ReplyDeleteI love cats.
ReplyDeleteThe sunset photos are breathtaking, and that mural of Tilly is such a gem! I especially loved the reminder to “make haste to be kind” -- a timeless truth.
ReplyDeleteThank you for brightening our days with beauty and wisdom. 💕
Que de bonnes choses pour donner la pèche ! Bonne journée !
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely post from your blog! I always enjoy the variety of images you share and the relaxed, cheerful atmosphere they create. It’s such a pleasure to stop by and discover what you’ve chosen to share this time. Thank you for another fun little escape from everyday life!
ReplyDeleteKisses
Such a refreshing collection of thoughts and quotes — gentle, uplifting, and perfect for a mid‑week pause. I love how your posts always blend wisdom, humor, and a touch of serenity. They feel like a small reminder to breathe, slow down, and enjoy the simple moments. Thank you for bringing light and kindness into this space. 🤗 Best wishes from Bavaria!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed every single one of these! And several spoke to me...especially not carrying mistakes around but the funnier ones were so enjoyed! Thank you for the blog today!
ReplyDeleteYes, it's high time I stopped carrying a burden that isn't really mine...
ReplyDeleteLove your sunset photos, they're nicely captured.
ReplyDeleteWise and beautiful quotes.
ReplyDeleteWe don't always like changes, but sometimes they are necessary.
I'm like Karen Salmansohn, at this stage of life, the important thing is to see the family well and happy and to have good health.
Your photos are wonderful, the sky looked fantastic at dusk.
Interesting videos. It's been so long since I listened to the Beatles.
Have a great week
I Come back to say that I did send the quote about moving enough not to be considered dead and she loved it. 😍😍😍
ReplyDeleteThank you for the nice post. Have a nice September, Linda!
ReplyDeleteHappy Tuesday!! What a supurr fun post, thank mew so much for sharing!!! 😻😹🐾🐾😹😻
ReplyDeleteHello I wish you Happy first September ♥♥
ReplyDeleteLearn to sit back and observe. Not everything needs a reaction.
ReplyDeleteHi, I really liked the quote above. Thank you!
And your photos of the sky are fantastic.
xo
Líbí se mi ty kočky.
ReplyDeleteMy goal this week is to move...just enough so people don't think I'm dead! :)..This is just so awesome.
ReplyDeleteLinda querida!
ReplyDeleteEsses pensamentos são verdadeiras lições de vida,
cada um mais belo, mais verdadeiro que o outro, difícil de escolher um, dois ou três, então fico com todos, e ainda te aplaudindo daqui do Sul do Brasil. Adorei ler todos, querida.
Meus votos de uma ótima semana, com muita paz e saúde sempre.
Um beijo, querida. 🩷🎍😺
There's so much wisdom in all your posts. Peace, my friend!
ReplyDelete'I got breakfast.You got coffee.' Hilarious.
ReplyDeleteOh I like this quote "Better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope!" Lovely photos of the sunset, it always amazes me how people paint those big murals!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely something I need to learn how to do.
ReplyDeleteYes, I will remain an optimist!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know that bread was bad for ducks and the environment! Thanks for the visit.
ReplyDeleteSome lovely quotes and inspirational sayings, Linda. Thank you for sharing them and your photos. I loved the sunset cloud photos.
ReplyDeleteI am an optimist and I love that quote.
ReplyDeleteNice post
ReplyDeleteI always get a good laugh from those gags!! My fav today was the reward for the "missing" dog. lolol
ReplyDeleteLove all the quotes and memes!
ReplyDeleteI had completely forgotten that song by Glenn Medeiros, thnak you so much for reminding me. I liked the goose following the truck to get back to the Lake and the dog at the groomer with his pet rat.
ReplyDeleteafternoon greetings from kuala lumpur. i was attending a meeting this morning..so now i'm having some blogwalking. i love ur sunset pictures! so nice and serene. for today, i choose this quote: Lighten up. Just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more and don't get so worked up about things. ..take care dear linda
ReplyDeleteCats are my favorite animals. They're smart and intelligent. We're expecting a new kitten. Great post! I hope you have a wonderful week.
ReplyDelete"Better to be an optimist who gets disappointed than a pessimist who has no hope!" But, but... I aim to be the pessimist who gets pleasantly surprised. :)
ReplyDeleteBonjour Linda merci de ton gentil commentaire je vais te placer dans ma liste d'amies quel beau billet bien complet les citations sont belles tes photos perso magnifiques ,moi aussi j'aime bien les chats j'en ai eu beaucoup là j'en ai un comme tu l'à vu dans mon dernier post, j'aime bien ton humour ha ha au sujet du français le canada est un très beau pays ,oui dans la vie il faut être optimiste (tant qu'il y à de la vie il y à de l'espoir).
ReplyDeleteMerci pour ce partage passe une belle fin de semaine.
Moin Dear Linda,
ReplyDeleteherzliche Abendgrüße aus dem Drosselgarten.
Deine gesammelten Sprüche sind schön und diesen nehme ich mit:
"Entspann dich. Genieß einfach das Leben, lächle öfter, lache mehr und reg dich nicht so über Dinge auf." Danke dafür.
Die Beatles liebe ich... immer noch...
Traudi.🍀
Linda muito fofas as fotos, passando pra desejar uma ótima quarta-feira bjs.
ReplyDeleteJust to tell you that I am back ! Google/Blogger became very difficult !
ReplyDeleteLovely sky shots!
ReplyDeleteI was sensing a cat theme there for a minute, which is funny because I just came from another blog where the entire post was about cats. Maybe I was just programmed to be thinking about them? As always, thanks for the smile and laughs. Wishing you a peaceful, epic day.
Oh such sweet images and beautiful pictures..I love them all💖
ReplyDelete"Life becomes lighter when you stop carrying what's not yours to hold." - I think I will use that as today's mantra. thank you
ReplyDeleteYou really find the best quotes.
ReplyDeleteMy favorites today were the one about just observing--you don't have to react to everything, and the one of using your mistakes as stepping stones.
ReplyDeleteYour sky photos are beautiful, and so is the mural.
Gentle and reflective — the quotes you gathered offer comfort, perspective, and encouragement. The message about letting go of what weighs us down is especially meaningful, and the photos add a peaceful personal touch.
ReplyDeletethe seagull with a french fry made me smile too
ReplyDeleteyour sunset photos are really pretty as well...
The cat bringing breakfast made me laugh out loud. Always good quotes, thank you.
ReplyDeleteBonitas fotos del atardecer. Las citas todas son geniales. Besos.
ReplyDeleteI like that mural of Tilly the bulldog! And I watched that performance by the Beatles on Ed Sullivan in 1964 -- I was seven!
ReplyDeleteSitting back and observing instead of jumping in with both feet is a sign of wisdom. I'm not quite there yet!
ReplyDelete