Sunday, September 13, 2026

Some Positivity and Fun

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Important News
I applaud Google for fixing the issues with the commenting as well as the photos. I think all of us who use Blogger have noticed by now that the news reader has not updated in more than a week now.  You can follow me by email. (I only post twice a week). (the email option is at the top right column of my blog). If you use Feedly or The Old Reader, or Inoreader you can add other blogs that you wish to follow, including mine, and you will be updated when any new posts appear. They are all free to use! I hope this helps you all! I have decided to use one of these methods to follow the blogs I have been following! Even if and when Google fixes the issues, there is no way of knowing how well it will function...the decision is entirely up to you. I have chosen an alternative option rather than wait for the issues to be fixed.

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!

Welcome to the bathroom. The cats will be with you shortly.  :)

Find your inner purr.  :)

Chocolate peanut butter smoothie.
1 banana, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 2 tablespoons oats, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 3/4 cup milk.

Healthy banana pancakes
2 eggs, 2 bananas, 1 cup of clour, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 pinch of salt. This is 2-3 days worth of pancakes.

A few seconds of your patience...could mean an entire lifetime to the animal crossing.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

It is only a short trip, enjoy it.

There is so much power in believing. Everything will work out.

We are here to heal, not harm. We are here to love, not hate. We are here to create, not destroy. - Anthony D. Williams

Sometimes we are tested, not to show our weakness, but to discover our strength.

Cruelty to animals is a sign of an evil heart.

You may not be able to change yesterday...but what you do today could change tomorrow.
Princess Sassy Pants & Co.

Seek stillness.
Buddha Doodles


Minimalism is the intentional promotion of the things we most value and the removal of everything that distracts us from it. - Joshua Becker
Vanilla Papers


Svetlana Peric, Artist

Real strength isn't in striking back - it's in rising up, letting go and choosing peace over poison. - Dede Hawkins

Health is more than what you're eating. It's what you're thinking, saying and believing.

Stay pawsitive (positive), handle with care. Fur therapy is real.  :)

You are worthy of healing, joy and a beautiful life.
Self Healing Pathways


Family is not about blood. It's about who's willing to hold your hand when you need it the most.

A helpful guide.
1. Friend who makes wax and lots of honey (bee)
2. Very fluffy friend who really loves flowers (bumblebee)
3. Friend who pollinates and eats pests but needs more personal space (wasp or hornet)

Good night!

This is a photo that my cousin Vince shared with me. This photo is of his parents' wedding. My Uncle Maurice and my Aunt Audrey. (Aunt Audrey was my mother's younger sister). You can click on the photo to see a larger view.

The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Stray mama cat chooses public bathroom to raise her kittens (The Dodo)

People are obsessed with dog that looks like mythological creature  :) (GeoBeats Animals)

The long and winding road - The Beatles (1970)

I saw the light - Hank Williams

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

106 comments:

  1. Lin das imagenes. Linda semana. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This posted on time for me tonight!
    The smoothie looks so good! I like the one about discovering strength through testing and about health being more than what we eat.
    I love that Hank Williams song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..."It is only a short trip, enjoy it." Amen to this, each day isn't a dress rehearsal, it show time. Linda, take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girl in the mirror is so true and poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know I loved all the cats!! I also love the wedding photo of your uncle and aunt!! Wishing you a blessed and happy week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so connect with the first one about the cats being with you shortly in the bathroom, one of my cats no matter what he is doing if he hears me going into the bathroom he has to join me :). I love the little girl looking in the mirror and the older lady letting her know it is a short trip, enjoy it, I so agree, time just flies by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to say thanks for sharing about feedly , I hadn't heard of that, and didn't know you could use the old reader.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I've been on Feedly for years now. Much easier than relying on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another vote for feedly here! I wish I liked smoothies but I don't like the texture of them or the multitude of flavors. I'm sure they're very healthy. Bumble bees are like flying pandas; I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Paul's soulful eyes. I did not realize there were different types of bees. There is so much power in believing. Everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the gentle reminders about strength, kindness, and believing in better days. The smoothie recipe sounds delicious, and the wedding photo is such a lovely family treasure. Thank you for always sharing positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Uncle Maurice and Aunt Audrey were such a beautiful couple. I have tried the banana smoothie - it is yummy. I am going to try the pancake recipe- it sounds delightful. Thank you so much for sharing them and the fabulous inspiration for the week, Linda. Have a blessed and beautiful day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feeling good having gone through the post. "A short trip, enjoy it" held me a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some great quotes today, Linda. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, thank you for visiting my blog, and I hope you have a nice day. Greetings to Canada. Helena

    ReplyDelete
  16. your blog is very inspiring!! मेरे ब्लॉग पर आने के लिए आभार,

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the art work...with the cat sitting on the steps. So bright and cheerful. Also loved the video and story of the mama cat having her babies in an abandoned outhouse.
    That old picture of your uncle and aunt is a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The first cat one is good, had me smiling, Linda. They are all good and the photo of your Aunty is lovely. Just for Laughs is always funny...Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blogger is getting pretty annoying at the moment, isn't it?
    Some good quotes again, my friend. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can relate to the first one -lol. The painting by Svetlana Peric is beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, Linda ♥
    p.s. and thank you for your thoughtful tips on blogger. I will look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll give a wasp all the space it wants!

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Sometimes we are put to the test not to show our weakness, but to discover our strength." Dear Linda, I was deeply moved by this quote because it is exactly what I wrote about in my latest post. Besides, as always, your content is full of good and wise things that make the world a better place for a moment.

    It is true that the blog list isn't updating, so I occasionally check my fellow bloggers' homepages to see if there is anything new. Apparently, there is a glitch, and since Blogger isn't Google's "beloved child," no one is in a rush to fix it. Warm regards and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merci pour toute cette belle positivité !
    Tes petites citations inspirantes, le clin d'œil aux félins sont très plaisants. Merci pour l'astuce pour continuer à te suivre malgré les pannes RSS .
    Très belle semaine à toi ! »

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for sharing the photo of your aunt and uncle. Loved all the "pawsitive" quotes and messages you've posted and the video links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is so much power in believing - ain't that true?
    So many lovely motivational messages!
    And oh The long and winding road is one of their best songs! They have so many!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Linda,
    Yes, it is absolutely true that cats follow you into the bathroom. Cats don't like closed doors :-)
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I use feedly to do my reading so don't know about any blogger issues there.
    That first one is true about dogs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your aunt looked very smart, as does the man she married.
    Not only does a cat come to the bathroom with you, they want the basin tap turned on to drink from.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Linda,
    Another wonderful inspiring post, so many messages and words to live by. Cute images, love all the sweet kitties. We are here to love and not hate. Have a great day and a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm now following you on Feedly, Linda, and for now, it seems to be working. Thanks for the inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cats, dogs and children none have rules when it comes to privacy!! Love the one with the young girl and the old lady looking in the mirror.....

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such wonderful (and beautiful) memes here today, Linda! And I loved the carload of dancing greasers!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This one is great: "We are here to heal, not harm. We are here to love, not hate. We are here to create, not destroy. " 💜🩶💙
    And so is everything else 😀🥰😍
    Mmm . . . A lovely stack of pancakes 😊

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Linda, thanks for your long comment about alternate way of following you. Have a good week ahead 💕

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Linda, two recipes today, both with banana as one of the ingredients. Yummy 😋 for both but I am too lazy to make them at home.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The photo of your aunt and uncle is a real treasure, Linda. I use Feedly for my blog reading, so I'm not affected by the blogger reader issue. However, I have noticed a marked decline in the number of views and comments on my latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dearest Linda, thank you for sharing your cousin vintage wedding photo. Very valuable photo for the descendants. 💕

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a lovely and uplifting post! The quote by Anthony D. Williams is inspiring, and seeing the sweet cat images was such a delight. Thank you for sharing such brightness, wishing you a wonderful and peaceful week ahead! 🐱🐾

    ReplyDelete
  39. That Chocolate peanut butter smoothie sounds good! I might give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I wish as humans we could be aware of how fast time flies from an early age. We only realize that when it's too late. And yes, my cat follows me everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So many good ones this week. I love the mama cat video. What a great way to finally trap and catch her. I followed along by email. I may have to add that to my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love them all and the it's a short trip, enjoy it is my favorite. I'm 75 and that's so very true. I'm enjoying each day to it's fullest.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Linda. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  43. Welcome to the bathroom. The cats will be with you shortly. :) That’s actually quite true. Grandma’s cat used to go to the bathroom at the same time as her. It would pee in the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm experiencing the Blogger news feed issues as well. I've sent many messages to the help desk but I think they're all being ignored. Thank you for the alternate feed suggestions, I'm going to try one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello Linda,
    Lovely quotes in your blog again this time.
    The one below is my favorite.
    We are here to heal, not to harm. We are here to love, not to hate. We are here to create, not to destroy. - Anthony D. Williams
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  46. Unas frases con las que debemos pensar mas en como somos con los animales. Lo de los animales que cruzan las carreteras hay ocasiones que no te da tiempo a reaccionar ya que salen de improviso, como me ocurrió en una ocasión y no como en otra en que un pequeño corzo iba paseando tan tranquilo y yo tras suyo con el coche hasta que se dio cuenta.
    Los videos de la broma y gatitos me gustaron mucho.
    Haber cuando se arregla lo de las renovaciones de las publicaciones.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  47. The welcome to the bathroom is great and so true. You can add the dog at my house. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Olá Linda lindos pensamentos, adoro panquecas, desejo uma ótima semana bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the hippie poster. :)
    And the one with a little girl and an old woman is so true.
    I read somewhere that cats come to the toilet with you, because they feel you are vulnerable there and they want to protect you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. A really lovely old photo from back in the day—I think the clothing was always so beautiful!
    It’s wonderful what you’ve found for us. I love it, and I thank you so much for it!
    Have a great week! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  51. Enjoyed your post my dear Linda. Thank you for the smiles.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  52. Poor you, dear Linda, the gag...
    I get new posts now?!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you for all the smiles and thoughtful words. My favourite this week was the bee and wasp descriptions. I have not seen many wasps this year in this small corner.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thanks for this wonderful post, Linda. I really enjoyed the video of the kittens who were rescued along with their mother. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Yes, a very short trip!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Linda, também venho notando os problemas de atualização no blogguer, o que é uma pena. Ainda bem que você criou a inscrição por e-mail para sempre manter a comunicação em dia!
    Os gatinhos sempre lindos e fofos com mensagens acolhedoras mas desta vez o que me encantou foram a deliciosas receitas!
    Obrigada querida!!
    Tenha uma semana maravilhosa!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  57. Grazie per i tuoi simpatici post che rallegrano le giornate.
    Blogger invece continua a non funzionare,
    Felice settimana, un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  58. Linda, when I read your posts, I find myself thinking, "Oh I relate to this quote...and this one...and this one!!" They're all so good!! I really enjoy my visits, thank you!! I'm going to look into one of those readers. I'm tired of this Blogger Reader freezing up!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Glad you shared an old photo of your cousin. I do enjoy old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great post Linda ... I like those words by Anthony D. Williams.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love throwback photos. Thanks for sharing your aunt and uncle's wedding photo.

    ReplyDelete
  62. The meme about the cats and the bathroom made me giggle. Kris's cat Eiko always tries to get into the bathroom with him when he is visiting. The little paws scratch at the door each time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Your aunt and uncle's wedding picture is adorable!
    Blogger is so frustrating. I have figured out a work-around with bookmarks but it isn't ideal. I wish they would just fix the darn thing!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Yes, the google reader is frustrating. thanks for sharing alternatives. You have some really good ones today and I like the smoothie recipe. I wonder why she was not wearing a wedding dress in the wedding photo.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Rescuing the mama and the kittens was wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hi Linda! Sorry for my late visit. I am catching up with everyone and hope to keep up. Oh, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is very tempting. Shall I? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  67. that chocolate peanut butter recipe looks very good! hope you have a wonderful week. sad that blogger is not updating the reader list!

    ReplyDelete
  68. afternoon greetings from kuala lumpur.haze gets worse again today..the air quality index was recorded almost reaching 200 (very unhealthy)..hopefully the haze will go away soon... for today, i choose this quote: Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.. the wedding picture of ur auntie is nice and classic!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda. A falta notificações ou atualizações de novas postagens, estão acontecendo em todos os blogspot.. A minha reflexão preferida é "Às vezes somos testados, não para mostrar nossa fraqueza, mas para descobrir a nossa força ". Uma excelente manhã de terça-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  70. My kitties insist on no closed doors in our cottage, especially the bathroom 🐱🐱🐈‍⬛🐈😽

    ReplyDelete
  71. That smoothie looks fantastic. My grandmother used to make me banana smoothies (even though she didn't call them that) for me when I was a child. Chocolate just makes it more adult. :) And bathroom time also means dog time. What is it about dogs and cats wanting to visit us in the bathroom. Could it be that we are unable to get up and move away so they get (almost) our full attention? :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wise, true, and beautiful quotes.
    I love seeing old photos. Your aunt and uncle looked very elegant.
    Always funny and interesting videos.
    I especially liked the video of the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Some nice thoughts here!
    Cheers - Stewart M, Venice, Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hi Linda, this is one of my favorite blog visit as I get to scroll down cute images and amazing quotes. Thanks for taking the time to put these together. ~Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  75. I really enjoyed this collection of positivity and little things to make us smile. The chocolate peanut butter smoothie sounds delicious, and I especially liked the reminder that sometimes we are tested to discover our strength. The old wedding photo of your Uncle Maurice and Aunt Audrey is such a lovely family treasure too.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  76. Thank you for sharing the recipe. It looks interesting and worth trying. I’ve never made a smoothie with peanut butter before.

    That’s right, we need love and kindness among us, not hatred. Enjoy life and make the most of every moment.

    Family is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a lovely collection of positivity, animals, recipes and little reminders to slow down and appreciate life. I especially enjoyed the messages about kindness and compassion toward animals. Thank you for sharing all of this and for the update about Blogger as well. Sending warm greetings from Poland, and I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love the Peric cat painting, so colorful. Yeah blogger seems to be full of bugs lately. I thought they'd fix the reading list update by now. The gag video is GREAT!@!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. - I like that a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hello dear Friend. Always love the sweet sentiments and pick me ups I find here. Wishing you blessings always. xo💗

    ReplyDelete
  81. Thanks for the advice. I will explore Feedly when I get a chance. I really hate change, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I loved these.
    Yes, Blogger just keeps having so many glitches.

    ReplyDelete
  83. thanks for the update with the blogger problems. i enjoy the positivity here. start where you are. use what you have, do what you can. was a good one for me today!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. the chocolate peanut butter smoothie and banana pancakes caught my attention although i’m not sure i’m motivated enough to make the pancakes yet!

    the old wedding photo was a lovely personal touch too. ...

    ReplyDelete
  85. Kiitos Linda. Oli taas mieluisa tuokio kanssasi :)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Good afternoon, dear Linda. Today is a public holiday in my country, as it is declared as Malaysia Day (the day Tanah Melayu, Sabah, and Sarawak united)--that's the history of my country. For today, I choose this quote: Family is not about blood. It's about who's willing to hold your hand when you need it the most... Take care, dear Linda

    ReplyDelete
  87. Ihanaa lukemista..kissat vau miten ihanat. Hyvää syyspäivää sinulle.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Thank you for the post. I chose another favorite: "Health is more than what you're eating. It's what you're thinking, saying and believing."
    Have a nice day Linda

    ReplyDelete
  89. I love old photos!! I have many of my grandmother as well as my parents. I always am inspired by your quotes and the positive vibe of you postings :)

    ReplyDelete
  90. Gracias, Linda, por tu buen hacer, y por esta recopilación de hoy tan entretenida.
    Y con el problema de las actualizaciones, paciencia, no nos queda otra.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Believing is very important for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Great post. Blogger does have its glitches. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Sorry, I was so busy... and now I enjoyed reading very much. Banana pancake? I love this too with apples. And I like the funny Post.
    Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  94. Just wanted you to know that I added Follow Me to my blog. Thanks for all the help!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Linda, your posts always help lift me up. This statement may have been the very best in this post:
    “Health is more than what you’re eating. It’s what you’re thinking, saying and believing.” I’m in my mid-70s now and I have seen the truth of that statement.

    The video of the Greasers — oh love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Lindo, děkuji za starost s Bloggerem, doufejme, že vše bude doopravdy fungovat!
    Vidím, že začínáš uvádět i recepty, to je zajímavé. Díky za rodinnou fotku, přeji klidné a spokojené dny. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  97. You always have such positivity. Loved the Greasers video, marveled over the abandoned bathroom kitten rescue, and took in the banana recipes. I love bananas. Might try those pancakes once I use up my pancake mix.

    ReplyDelete
  98. I like the quote by Princess Sassy Pants the most.
    Beautiful photo of your uncle and aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  99. "It is only a short trip, enjoy it." I guess whatever time we get will never be enough.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Soothe away your stress!

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...