Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Soothe away your stress!

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

If you are looking for an alternative way (or a backup) to follow blogs, here are a few suggestions.
You can follow me by email. (I only post twice a week). (the email option is at the top right column of my blog). Or...you can click on any one of the following links/websites. If you use Feedly or The Old Reader, or Inoreader you can add other blogs that you wish to follow, including mine, and you will be updated when any new posts appear. Having a backup is a good idea to keep up with your friends and readers. They are all free to use! I hope this helps you all! 

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!

Good morning.  :)


Lucie Bilodeau, Artist

Relax your mind. Take some deep breaths and relax your mind. Release your thoughts and feel your body relax. Notice how your energy begins to flow more freely again! You can always think about things later. For now, let your mind rest.
Saratoga Ocean

Daily Focus: Calm. Focus on staying calm today in every situation. If you find yourself feeling stressed, take some deep breaths and remember your focus. This will help you to train yourself to respond calmly to the unexpected.
Saratoga Ocean

Stay in peace today. Start today by intentionally putting yourself in a peaceful state of mind. You can do this by meditating, reading or doing something calming and relaxing. Once you feel calm, focus on that feeling, and then see if you can maintain it throughout the day.
Saratoga Ocean


Talk to them calmly. They learn your voice.


I haven't lost my mind. Half of it just wandered off and the other half went looking for it.  :)

Stress vs calm mind. Your mind decides your life.
stress: overthinking, anxiety, low focus, poor decisions, burnout.
calm: clear thinking, better focus, emotional control, smart decisions, inner peace.
Calm mind is a superpower.

Excuse me! Were you attempting to use the bathroom alone?  :)

Henopause...when a woman gets to a certain age and starts collecting chickens.  :)

How to calm your mind. Finding presence and productivity in anxious times. Chris Bailey, Author of Hyperfocus (book)

Remember that stress doesn't come from what's going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what's going on in your life. - Andrew Bernstein
WomenH


If you see me talking to myself do not disturb. I'm having a staff meeting.  :)


Aren't you glad that we don't look like what we've been through?  :)
Angel Feathers Tickle Me


The time to relax is when you don't have time for it. - Sydney J. Harris
The Minds Journal


Cleaning up your mental mess - 5 simple, scientifically proven steps to reduce anxiety, stress and toxic thinking - Dr. Caroline Leaf, Author (Amazon)


Banana oat cookies
2 ripe bananas, mashed, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips. Mix.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.

Buy a few bags of pet food for a shelter instead of fireworks. Make a difference instead of noise.

That's all folks! Good night.  :)

The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone. You can click on any image to see a larger view. I just thought the sky and clouds looked so beautiful I wanted to capture it and share it with you.


The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Kung Fu mantis vs jumping spider (BBC Earth)

Mudskippers: the fish that walk on land (BBC Earth)

Down by the lazy river - The Osmonds

YMCA - Village People (official music video 1978)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

86 comments:

  1. Henopause made me smile!!
    I love Summer clouds; they're so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try that cookie recipe, thanks! And who DOESN'T love the original Village People?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second cat painting is incredible!
    I liked all the things on calming... aaah!
    The one of the cat and going into the bathroom alone made me laugh.
    Always like the YMCA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muito inspiradoras e tranquilas as mensagens. Já copiei a receita do biscoito. Tenha uma ótima semana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Feedly works great for me. Most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Wednesday, Linda. Such a fun and inspiring collection of quotes thank you for sharing them with us today. You always capture the most pretty sky photos. The Village People brought back lots of fond memories. Enjoy the rest of your week, dear. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. morning greetings from kuala lumpur! haze still persists but slightly better than yesterday. for today, i choose this quote: Buy a few bags of pet food for a shelter instead of fireworks. Make a difference instead of noise... i love your cloud pictures...lovely blue sky indeed. because it is hazy at my place, so i cannot see the blue sky for now. take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using Feedly since Google Reader closed shop in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thought about stress and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog appeared on my Blogger reading list ! And yesterday Lorrie's post appeared on my wall, so it looks like the problem is clearing away, starting from Canada 🇨🇦 Fingers crossed !
    The Osmonds and The Village People 💚

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have some issues with blogger updates and commenting, but it's getting better. Love banana oat cookies, so healthy that you can enjoy them as breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My black cat does like to come into the bathroom with me. Perhaps to play with the toilet paper? ;) I am inspired to stay calm and peaceful but it's not in my nature. I'm working on it! P.S. I do use Feedly and enjoy its ease.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! Practice being calm. I work on that all the time. 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ay, que gran verdad... Ojala siempre pudieramos ser positivos. Estar en actitud positiva ante la vida.
    Un saludo, amiga

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't go wrong with wild nature and David Attenborough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Siempre disfruto ver las imágenes que publicas.

    Te mando un fuerte abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love coming here, so much fun, wisdom and inspiration. And good music!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Warner Brothers cartoons now have a squirrel on the payroll?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Podoba mi się Twój blog. Będę zaglądać częściej. Na bloggerzy czasami zdarzają się sytuacje, które wymagają przeczekania. Od 12 lat zdarzyło mi się ich kilka i zawsze dobrze się kończyły. Wszystkiego dobrego.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda, thank you for sharing these helpful tips. I think I will be using the old reader from now on. Your skyscapes are gorgeous! Have a beautiful day, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Linda,
    I love all the cute images and the quotes.
    I try to stay calm and peaceful during stressful times.
    Love your pretty sky captures.
    Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blogger is experiencing some problems and some blogs have been accidently removed by Google AI agents!
    Fish that walk! Now I've seen it all :)
    I was really expecting some kung fu fighting from the preying mantis :D
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Coucou,
    Quel beau billet réconfortant. C'est le genre de lecture qui redonne le sourire et permet de décompresser instantanément.
    J'aime les photos de ton ciel, les petites citations rigolotes et la pause musicale.
    Très belle journée à toi.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hola, Linda. Cuando te dije en mi comentario anterior que:"paciencia, no nos queda otra", no me refería solamente a ti, sino a todos los blogueros en general, es más, comparto contigo en que problemas de este tipo no tienen porqué alterarnos la vida, siempre hay otras opciones que tomar, y el mundo no se va a acabar por esta incidencia.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Relaxing here with you—with a cup of coffee in my hand.
    Many thanks and warm regards, Viola

    ReplyDelete
  26. All good ones. Henopause was funny. I haven't gotten to that age yet...lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda. Suas reflexões são ótimas. A minha preferida é "Foco diário: Cslms, concentre-se em manter a calma hoje e em todas as situações. Se você se sentir estressado, respire fundo algumas vezes e lembre-se do seu foco..isso ajudará a treinar a sua mente para reagir, com calma ao inesperado. obrigado pela visita e comentário. Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Maravilhosa e Completa publicação.
    Bjins daqui do Sudeste do Brasil.
    Aguardo seu olhar atento lá no
    Espeljando.
    CatiahôAlc.

    ReplyDelete
  29. "Talk to them calmly, they learn your voice" That is so true and true of Magpies too. I have always talked to both and at nesting time have NEVER been swooped on by magpies, the Australian ones are notorious for swooping at people when protecting nests and babies.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sometimes, we need to calm down and clear our minds. But that rarely happens, right? There’s always something on our minds to think about. When our minds are at peace, we naturally feel less stressed.

    Looks like the blog list anda reading list is working fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's important to stay calm and do what ever things that work for us to live happily and in peace. I notice today that the blog list widget works and showing most recent update by friends' blog. That's good news. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are beautiful quotes, Linda.
    Staying calm during difficult times and stress is always a good thing.
    Blogger is still having issues, I’m not happy about it.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  33. Funny .... I have staff meetings with myself all the time! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  34. great post-hugs I agree at least the blogs are working so we can post and visit-its been around 2 weeks or more now for me with the blogs not being updated-but at least everything else is working

    ReplyDelete
  35. I so needed these reminders to stay calm, Linda. I loved the blue, blue sky in your photos, too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are great quotes! I've been practicing some calming tricks myself. My reading list is back! Yay! This old dog didn't want to learn any new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dear Linda, your blue sky white clouds photos are so amazing! So refreshing to look at 😍

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Linda, the cookies 🍪 sound delicious 😋 Do you bake them often? Thanks for the recipe. I used to help my sister to bake cookies when we were children. Now I just buy cookies 😢

    ReplyDelete
  39. Calico cats look like Fall!! Stay calm and carry on - absolutely!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  40. I wasn't sure the reader would come back. I'm glad it did.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wonderful this skyphoto and the posting!
    I love these quotes and words of wisdom; the videos are great!
    happy days , hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for the info. The cloud pictures....... there is no dearth of imagination when you look at the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The good morning meme is beautiful. I love the sound of those cookies and buying pet food for a shelter instead of fireworks. What a great idea. Take care, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I stepped over to the border and crossed it. Thanks for commenting on the blog that I have had for a long time. It's nice to see fellow bloggers. I will follow

    ReplyDelete
  45. The artwork featuring the cats is so beautiful, dear Linda!
    You’ve taken some wonderful photos of the clouds.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Yes, dear friend, I get your mail!
    The color of the sky..., so beautiful, Linda!
    Ohhh..., the dogs...
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Now I want to try the banana oat cookies. lol Loved these today.

    ReplyDelete
  48. How True!
    Remember that stress doesn't come from what's going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what's going on in your life. - Andrew Bernstein

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hello Linda
    Stopping by to wish you a happy Thursday.
    Thanks again for this great mix.
    Beautiful skies in your photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  50. Excuse me! Were you attempting to use the bathroom alone? :)

    Ha Ha ... yep, that is what happens to me everyday with our two sweet kitties.
    Enjoyed your photos of the skies, well done.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great calming and less stress post, such pretty cloud pictures, I bet you will soon have changing leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks for the soothing memes, I feel better already.

    ReplyDelete
  53. the reminders about staying calm and being mindful are especially meaningful because it is so easy to become caught up in worries and forget to take a moment for ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  54. good stuff today, several spoke to me and several made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Linda, thank you for the positivity that we all really need in today's times... I really like the pictures, as I am like a child who would want to have everything :)))
    Wishing you a lovely Friday, hugs, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Some of these do make me smile, Linda. Enjoyed the videos.
    I've noticed that your 'feed' doesn't update on my blog! Several don't but some do and that's a bit weird. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  57. O e-mailowych powiadomieniach już czytałam, nawet raz czy dwa wpisałam tę opcję, ale nie zaglądam codziennie na pocztę, więc to taka dodatkowa opcja jako uzupełnienie listy czytelniczej na blogu.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Ha, ha, my daughter and I have both reached henopause! LOL! The reminders to be calm and stress-free is very timely! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Nice post Linda!!
    Funny to see the bird on picture 13 about his favorite coffee.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  60. Nice post. I like it.
    No fireworks here. Too scary for cats and dogs.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I really wish they banned private fireworks. One of the public ones here in town has changed to a mix of more light and less bangs which really makes a difference, but I'm already dreading New Year's Eve which is terrible in my neighborhood because we have some "banging" enthusiasts.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Menopause is real... before my gorgeous rooster passed away, Brulee my oldest hen most definitely let him know she was no longer interested in his amorous advances 🐔🐓

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love this : stay in peace today. Start today by intentionally putting yourself in a peaceful state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  64. The paintings by Lucie Bilodeau are really good. I have a soft spot for calico cats and love her version.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Good Morning !! Quanti suggerimenti utili e quante belle immagini ! Mi piace molto il tuo blog !! Saluti.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Gran post. Me gustan los gatos.
    Buen fin de semana.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Heute geht es hier viel um Entspannung und innere Ruhe. Dieses Thema gefällt mir sehr gut.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Those banana oat cookies sure look good. Never had that kind before.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Olá
    Amei estar aqui
    Obrigada pela visita
    Abraço

    ReplyDelete
  70. Mais uma postagem muito bem elaborada e criativa.
    Saúde a você — Drª. Jéssica Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hello Linda,
    There is once again a lovely variety of great sayings and proverbs on your blog. Your own photos of the cloudy skies are amazing.
    Your videos (I had the music one playing loud) and the ones of the animals were great again.

    Regards, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thank you for the calming advice. I think we all need that. Thank you for notifying me about Follow It. It's great to have on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  73. The banana oat cookies, we'll have to try them, they look yummy. Have a great weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great sayings and beautiful images. Those clouds are striking, and I adore mudskippers, jumping spiders, and mantids. Wait... I'm even starting to appreciate our huge, creepy looking centipedes. lol Hugs and best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Soothe away your stress!

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...