Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Things to Consider

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! Next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 pm Montreal time. (clock is on right hand sidebar of my blog)


If you are looking for an alternative way (or a backup) to follow blogs, here are a few suggestions.
You can follow me by email. (I only post twice a week). (the email option is at the top right column of my blog). Or...you can click on any one of the following links/websites. If you use Feedly or The Old Reader, or Inoreader you can add other blogs that you wish to follow, including mine, and you will be updated when any new posts appear. Having a backup is a good idea to keep up with your friends and readers. They are all free to use! I hope this helps you all! 

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!


Peggy Collins, Artist


If one speaks or acts with pure mind, because of that, happiness follows.
Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle. - Charles Glassman

No person or job is worth your mental health.
Project Forgive


We are from tech support. We are here to delete your cookies.  :)

Did you know? You can "rewire" your brain to be happy by simply recalling 3 things you're grateful for every day for 21 days.
Power of Positivity


Challenge: when a negative thought enters your mind, think three positive ones. Train yourself to flip the script.

Creamy avocado and egg salad
4 large eggs, hard-boiled and chopped, 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste. Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish.

Did you know? When you eat just 3 carrots...
3 carrots give you enough energy to walk 3 miles, and they were first grown as a medicine, not food.

Sometimes your mind needs more time to accept what your heart already knows.

Don't be scared to start all over again. You might love your new story even more.
Demic


If you can't be a pencil that writes someone's happiness, be an eraser that helps remove their sadness.

Your smile is your logo. Your personality is your business card. And the way you make others feel is your trademark.

There are two things we get at the start of every new day...a chance and a choice.

Everyone has a million problems until they lose their health. Then they have only one. Health is the real luxury. Stay grateful.

Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday.  :)


Good Night.

The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. This is what an ambulance here looks like (rear view) You can click on any image to see a larger view.

These last two photos are of a squirrel I met. :)


The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done in Europe. Enjoy!  :)

Mama deer is so worried about her baby (The Dodo)

Rescued fox makes friends with everyone she meets :)
(The Dodo)

His eye is on the sparrow - Tennessee Ernie Ford (1961)

We can work it out - The Beatles

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

87 comments:

  1. I did not know that about carrots. How very interesting.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cookie deleters! :)
    Very interesting about the carrots. Guess I better eat more.
    The things about being thankful and positive are so good.
    Thanks for another good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew about carrots?!! Another thoughful and wise post for us!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea to use avocado instead of mayo in egg salad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que fofo os esquilos. Gostei da arte dos gatos e achei engraçada a frase dos cookies. E todas as frases são muito inspiradoras Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog post. I enjoyed this post--lots of great quotes. My favorite is the Tech Support--gave me a chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting sayings. And it is not just carrots, but all the other vegetables and fruits we grow with our own hands in our gardens that serve as a true remedy for us. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everything is very uplifting. Interesting about the carrots and the 3 things of gratitude to rewire your brain. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...Linda, I love Peggy Collins' Art Nouveau style! Ands I didn't know about carrots. We always joked that carrots were good for your eyes, because rabbits don't wear glasses. Thanks for sharing this fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tech Support deleting the cookies, hahahahaha! My I.T. Guy is coming tomorrow to install my new computer system, yay! Maybe I should feed cookies to him! No, he'll want a cheque instead, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to try to paint the cats' in your first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, I love to eat salad and Greek yogurt. I noticed there is a typo of green yogurt instead of Greek yogurt. Thanks to your clock, I know now is your bedtime. 🌙 Good night 😴 💤 sleep well 🌇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear friend, thank you 😊 so much for telling me about the typo. I have corrected it.

      Delete
  13. Dear Linda, the squirrel 🐿️ looks big, much bigger than the tree shrews we get here. Surprisingly the squirrel 🐿️ is not afraid of you. I couldn't get any photos of the tree shrews here because they ran away when I tried to take photos of them. Have a good night sleep 😴💤

    ReplyDelete
  14. If the white cat had more yellow on it on that first picture, it would look like my two cats. I started a notebook that I would put 3 things I was grateful for each day, but haven't used it in quite awhile, I will need to start that again :). Cute picture of the squirrel, we have had one coming up on our deck and visiting a few days now, the cats love watching him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, are the ambulance vehicles in Montreal yellow colour? Here mostly is white.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "No person or job is worth your mental health." Linda, you always find the best images to share, and you always have one or more that especially speaks to me. The video of Mama Deer and her baby is sweet.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the tech support! lol!
    Glad the fawn got freed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first cat painting is beautiful, the egg salad recipe looks yummy, and there are so many good quotes. I got a good chuckle out of the picture of the dogs from tech support who came to delete the cookies, haha. Is it okay if I share it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yesterday I did nothing and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday. Had to LOL a few times :-) Thanks, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am one of those weird humans who can’t abide carrots unless they are roasted to the point where they no longer taste like carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like John, I'm not a huge fan of carrots (sadly) and much prefer them cooked. That squirrel looks very well-fed!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Linda, I'm having a hectic week, your post helps ❤️😊
    Teehee, delete our cookies 🤭
    . . . I must come here again in the afternoon when I come home from class. Have a wonderful day 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  23. That’s a lovely picture of a cat—and all the others with quotes and sayings are great, too.
    The ambulance looks different from the ones in Germany and that squirrel is just so cute.
    You’ve put together some great videos. Thanks, and I wish you a wonderful few days.hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  24. Partager les p'tits bonheurs quotidiens avec son compagnon de vie est la plus grande satisfaction que je souhaite à tout le monde! 🧑‍🤝‍🧑💏

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving all the animal memes today, Linda! And the squirrel is adorable! Wishing you a wonderful day ahead, hugs 🌼💜

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fartei-me de rir com a imagem dos cães a apagarem os cookies! xD Obrigado por mais uma publicação cheia de boa energia. Abraços! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning Linda,
    The first picture is my favorite.
    I follow blogs via Feedly. Pretty easy to use indeed.
    I wish you a happy rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the memes as always, some do make me smile and others make me think. Good for my mind, Linda.
    The ambulances there are very square, glad you showed us a photo of one and your photos of the squirrel are nice running down the tree there.
    Those symbols would be loud banged near your head, but the people took it in good fun. The remainder of the videos were/are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Linda,
    What lovely quotes these are.
    This one put a smile on my face.
    We’re from technical support. We’re here to delete your cookies.
    The photo is amazing.
    The creamy avocado and egg salad looks truly delicious.
    You took some beautiful photos, too.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  30. Linda, this meme "We are from tech support. We are here to delete your cookies." made me laugh out loud! Thanks for cheering me up! I also love your photos of the cute squirrel :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you, dear friend Linda. I´ll write 3 things being grateful for down for (at least) 21 days!
    And the other challenge - will do!.
    That salad sounds very yummy, too!
    A yellow-blue ambulance! Here it depends what organization they belong to.
    Loud fawn and oh, to happy animals, much love and warm hugs on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  32. afternoon greetings from kuala lumpur..i had a meeting in the morning and now working from home after lunch hour...for today, i choose this quote: Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle... we have our own struggle indeed! i love the squirrel in the pic that u share! it is so cute and adorable! take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  33. Always great quotes ! And thoughs !
    Hug
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  34. There are so many things we need to think about and consider. Think positively, and hopefully what comes out of it will be positive too. Thank you for sharing such inspiring words.

    That squirrel is so cute! It looks a little chubby compared to the ones I’ve seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Muito lindas as imagens, fotos e frases!
    Gostei de ver! beijos, chica

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ton billet est une vraie bulle d'optimisme et de fraîcheur !
    Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are all good ones but the tech support made me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your posts are packed with positive energy. I really like that! The world needs to feed on more goodness and light instead the glum and darkness. Every negative thought or vibe is not of God. That's the first thing I tell myself, then I pray to ask Jesus' light to dash away the dread. When I'm feeling unwell or bad about something I remind myself how truly blessed I am because there is always someone in a place worse off than me and I ask God to let those people know they are not alone that He has His hands on them.

    The carrot quote is really interesting. I had no idea! We definitely need to eat more of those little jewels. I feel tired most days, perhaps if I incorporate more carrots into my diet then I'll feel better. It's worth a try. :)

    You offer us funny and heartwarming videos. We all need to laugh and smile more, don't we? And...you cap things off with music - the very thing that gets my heart pumping. I love, love music!

    I remember Tennessee Ernie Ford mostly from his appearances on The Beverly Hillbillies portraying a bluegrass country singer. I think I've heard this version of His Eye Is On The Sparrow, but didn't know it was him. He sounds so different. I quite enjoyed his beautiful rendition.

    The Beatles are a classic. "We Can Work It Out" is a good ole oldie!

    You're most welcome anytime to add your posts to Monday's Music Moves Me, if you'd like. No pressure, just an invite my dear.

    Have a blessed week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Es un placer estar y ver tan bello post ha sido un
    buen encuentro con tus trabajos Linda , feliz semana
    saludos .jr.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've always loved carrots, and now I know why! I need to get back into eating one every day. I used to do that when I was healthier!! That, and an apple! Loved the cats and the squirrel too...he's a chunky one! I love the Beatles song and Tennessee Ernie Ford is so good!!! Love that song too. It's all good...thank you for this pleasant start to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your posts always provide me with food for thought! Lately I have been buying carrots that have three colours in the bag and have been snacking on three a day, one of each colour. I had no idea the added benefit of this, I was just enjoying the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The squirrel is positively adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The tech support crew is my favourite today.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the first cat picture, Gustav Klimt-style!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Bom dia, Linda
    Ótimas frases, gostei muito dessa: "Há duas coisas que recebemos no início de cada novo dia... uma oportunidade e uma escolha". A mamãe cervo é um amor e a raposa é bem animada. Um forte abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  46. "If you can't be a pencil that writes someone's happiness, be an eraser that helps remove their sadness." Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Once again you have made my day. Great post and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  48. SO many negative thoughts. I'm going to try your three to one ratio and see if it helps. Thanks Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh these are so great! Love the pencil and eraser one. My childhood friend grew up on a "game farm" she had all kinds of pets like the fox. The fox are a little musty smelling. Oh, the baby deer too. Thanks for sharing. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Sabía que las zanahorias originales eran moradas pero no que tuviesen usos curativos.
    Me encanto la foto de los que vienen a eliminar coques y la frase que nos recuerda que lo mas importante es nuestra salud.
    Los videos de animales me encantaron.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderful quotes. Kindness does indeed begin with the understanding that we all have problems.
    Lovely shots of the squirrel in the tree.
    Interesting videos.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love the first picture of the cats, it sure would make a great diamond art. Great messages today. Thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Dear Linda, thank you once again for so many thoughts that push us to reflect more deeply on every aspect of our lives. Thank you for the time you dedicate to this.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Squirrel looks fat for the winter. I love the artsy cats up first.

    ReplyDelete
  55. That avocado and egg salad sounds just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Rewiring our brain to be happy is an amazing thought.🐱 It’s incredible how a simple daily habit can shift our whole perspective. Thank you for the gentle reminder today.🐾😺

    ReplyDelete
  57. That is a healthy squirrel and so cute. It is interesting to see what ambulances look like in different areas. Mmm the avocado and egg salad sounds amazing- and healthy too. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. I will definitely try it. Have a blessed and beautiful day, Linda. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your smile is your logo. Your personality is your business card. And the way you make others feel is your trademark.

    I love, love the above quote you shared. Thank YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  59. oooooh today is great!! i loved no person or job is worth your mental health, everyone has a million problems until they lose their health. then they have only one. health is the real luxury. AND MY FAVORITE ...your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card...and the way you make others feel is your trademark. thanks for these words today!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Our ambulances are about the same, dear Linda.
    I love your 'squirrel'photos!
    Super gag! :-)
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I went to poetry last week, and a new poet had a profound message in his missive - "we all have two lives - and it is when we realise that we only have one life that our second life starts"

    ReplyDelete
  62. the dogs and the cookies made me smile, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Lovely art and quotes, dear Linda. Beautiful photos of the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Unfortunately I think I am the one who did nothing yesterday and nothing today and tomorrow I am going to finish what I started!

    ReplyDelete
  65. That is interesting about the carrots, and I did not know that. I try to get them at the grocery store each time, cause I know they are healthy for us. Interesting that they were first grown as medicine. Your ambulances are very different than ours here. They are white here in California. Thanks for the inspiration, Linda. And happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Peggy Collins is an amazing artist. The dogs willing to delete cookies made me giggle. I need to resume keeping a daily journal; for decades I started each entry with five blessings. :D Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  67. 😊😊 Ciao cara Linda, un saluto e un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  68. Boa noite minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Gosto muito das suas reflexões. A minha preferida é "Às vezes, sua mente precisa de mais tempo para aceitar o que o seu coração já sabe". Uma excelente noite de quinta-feira, para você e seus familiares na Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca. Suas fotos ficaram lindas. Espero retornar a Cachoeiras de Macacu é fazer vídeos das lindas cachoeiras da cidade.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hello Linda
    Many thanks for a post full of inspirational words and memes.
    I do enjoy avocados, so thank you for the recipe and interesting about carrots!

    Enjoy the rest of your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  70. I love that first feline illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I'm very good at deleting cookies too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. You have so much good stuff in this post! I love the cat pictures! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  73. The squirrel photos made me smile, and the “delete your cookies” gave me a good laugh.
    Thank you for sharing these little sparks of joy with us. 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great quotes and beautiful videos!
    Many greetings

    ReplyDelete
  75. Thank you for these, I am glad the baby deer was rescued.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Me encantan las ardillas en los parques.
    Es como estar en un cuento.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Afternoon greetings from Kuala Lumpur. The haze is getting better, so I can see blue sky again, though it's not that blue yet... For today, I choose this quote: Don't be scared to start all over again. You might love your new story even more... Take care, dear Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Things to Consider

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...