Sunday, September 27, 2026

Thoughts, Joy and Giggles

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 pm Montreal time. (clock is on the right hand sidebar)

If you are looking for an alternative way (or a backup) to follow blogs, here are a few suggestions.
You can follow me by email. (I only post twice a week). (the email option is at the top right column of my blog). Or...you can click on any one of the following links/websites. If you use Feedly or The Old Reader, or Inoreader you can add other blogs that you wish to follow, including mine, and you will be updated when any new posts appear. Having a backup is a good idea to keep up with your friends and readers. They are all free to use! I hope this helps you all! 

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!

You don't have a cat? This is your lucky day! I'm moving in!  :)

I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become. - Carl Jung
Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


No-bake classic Woolworth cheesecake recipe
3 oz lemon Jell-O, 1 cup boiling water, 1 stick melted butter, 1 box graham cracker crumbs, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 cup granulated sugar, 5 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 can evaporated milk

I hope you find joy in even the smallest of things today.

See the world through a soul full of colours, not a mind full of fear.

Sometimes you solve the problem by choosing not to participate in it.

There are two things we get at the start of every new day...a chance and a choice.

The world needs more kindness, more smiles and more people who lift others.

Let your joy be in your journey - not in some distant goal. - Tim Cook
Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


We do not heal the past by dwelling there; we heal the past by living fully in the present. - Marianne Williamson
Inspiration Cabin


My body knows how old I am, but my mind refuses to believe it.  :)

Just checking in... :)

I seriously need a speed bump between my brain and my mouth.  :)

When you can't control what is happening around you, challenge yourself to control the way in which you respond. That is where your true power lies.

It's not gray hair. It's wisdom glitter.  :)

Strange but true: Shocking!
Flowers talk to bumblebees using electricity. If a flower hasn't been visited recently by a bee, it gives off static electricity. The static tugs at tiny hairs on a bee's back, letting the insect know which flowers still have nectar.

I did not trip! The floor looked sad so I thought it needed a hug.  :)

Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.  :)

Good night. Sweet dreams.  :)

This photo is my own, which I took with my cellphone on a walk here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view. I don't see sunflowers too often! 

This last photo was shared with me by my cousin Vince. This is a photo of my mother's sister...my Aunt Eileen. This photo was taken in 1952 with her cat.

The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

This alpaca became a playground for baby goats :) (FurEver Friends)

Woman rescues tiny spider and builds her a miniature world  :)  (The Dodo)

Crystal Blue Persuasion - Tommy James and the Shondells

Needles and Pins - The Searchers (The Ed Sullivan Show)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

87 comments:

  1. Hello Linda
    You've shared some wonderful words here today.
    I had to smile at "It's not gray hair. It's wisdom glitter" I do seem to have quite a lot of 'wisdom glitter' LOL
    It was good to hear The Searchers, unfortunately I couldn't listen to Tommy James and the Shondell's one.
    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a good week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Princess & Alice aren't small by any means, but the little things they learn and the ways they show their love and devotion to me give me so much joy. Love the music. I'm wishing you a week filled with joy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..."I hope you find joy in even the smallest of things today," these are true words...The small things can be great things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sometimes you solve the problem by choosing not to participate in it." That is very wise! Lots of good things again. The one about the electricity in flowers is so very interesting and that alpaca is so cute!
    This is Mari - for some reason Google isn't letting me sign in today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olá, amiga Linda, meus parabéns por mais essa excelente postagem,
    com os ensinamentos tão importantes nesses aforismas.
    Votos de uma excelente semana, com muita paz.
    Um abraço, amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindas imagenes. Te deseo una buena semana. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking the time to find all of these. It's a pleasure to come by and read them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't go wrong with a no-bake cheesecake! I do wish a kitten would just show up here and move in. Mr Merry, not too sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a fan of Jungian thought, I appreciate the wisdom of his quotation "I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become."

    And oh, the alpaca and the baby goats! Squeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Linda, thank you for sharing the vintage photo from your cousin. I like looking at these antique photos because it gives off a very grand olden days feel. Your aunt looks so demure in the photo. Is the 😺🐈 sitting in a fountain ⛲ or bird bath?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda, thanks for the non bake cheese cake recipe. I like to eat cheese bake but prefers the baked version. I didn't know that the non baked cheese cake needs to use Jell-O because here I think not many places sell Jell-O
    Have u make this non baked cheese cake with Jell-O before?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Five o'clock here in Finland. 🇫🇮
    Lovely to start a new day and a new week with your post, Linda ❤️
    This is good: "Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice."
    Seriously; who better than me to know what's best for me, right?
    So it's not just a joke 🤔😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had several cats move in during my life. Sometimes, much to the dismay of my own kitty kids 🐈🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful, wonderful words of wisdom and quotes today and it’s lovely to see your memory of your aunt and how time flies. Plus, a beautiful photo of flowers!
    Wishing you a lovely end to September! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that cute cat at the start He can move in lol and love the quote I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become. - Carl Jung Yes we have more control than we think as long as we are aware and live in the now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. My body knows how old I am, but my mind refuses to believe it. :)
    This one was an easy choice for me. My mind also tends to ignore the calendar. My body, on the other hand, is very punctual with its reminders, although I don't always appreciate its efficiency. It made me laugh because I recognised myself in it straight away. :)
    A big hug

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning, dear Linda! Wonderful - and funny! collection of memes today! What a precious photo of your Aunt! Have a great week, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had forgotten about that song Needles and Pins, good to hear it again.
    I did think the Just for Laughs was funny and good, the memes, well some of them had me smiling and agreeing with them.
    Good to see your aunt with her cat. The sunflowers you took look good and I don't see them often either.
    Thanks Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely quotes dear Linda, and nice photo of your aunt and the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. super ton billet et de belles photos , bravo, voila une nouvelle semaine que l'ont prend dernière du mois passe un bon Lundi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great sayings and advice, great music videos, and witty ones.
    Have a great week.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I seriously need that speed bump between my brain and my mouth too, that one made me laugh out loud! And what a lovely surprise to spot sunflowers on your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Linda,
    These are wonderful quotes once again.
    This one put a smile on my face.
    I didn't trip! The floor looked sad, so I thought it could use a hug. :)
    The photos are very beautiful, too.
    I wish you a lovely week.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  24. "My body knows how old I am, but my mind refuses to believe it." Loved that one especially! And the invisible man photos! But I couldn't even watch al of the pet spider one. That's one pet I couldn't have--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The responding part is very important now for me...
    And nature is fascinating! A hug to the floor then.
    Off to the hospital, checkup.
    Warm hugs and much love on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are all good ones. I loved that first one and I would gladly let that cat move in. Not sure how Gibbs would feel about that.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have been living by not participating in problems that are not mine to solve and it's challenging and freeing at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Buenos días Linda! Nos traes unas citas preciosas. Gracias por tu visita a mi espacio.
    Saluditos.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello,
    I love all the cute inspiring memes, thanks for sharing the joy.
    More smiles and kindness! I love the pretty flowers.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda. O Parque Estadual dos Três Picos é maravilhoso. A minha reflexão preferida é "Às vezes, você resolve o problema optando não participar dele". Uma excelente manhã de segunda-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Some very positive and inspiring quotes, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Snoopy's advice is very Stoic. Yes, we can't control what happens to us, but we can attempt to control our response to those things.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hello Linda,
    Nice post with funny images. I must laugh so much on that first movie of tht woman in the restaurant...whaahaha,,,!! That is so funny!!!

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yep always start each day with those two choices.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Linda bom dia, amei a primeira frase, desejo uma ótima semana bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I seriously need a speed bump between my brain and my mouth. YES!! Where can I get one LOL. Hope all is well, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another good post. Enjoyed all of it. The video with the picture taking was so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Si que me alegraron todas esas frases que nos dejaste en esta ocasión.
    Los videos me gustaron los de la broma y las cabritas haciendo títeres sobre las alpacas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  39. really good stuff today!! but "it's not gray hair...it's wisdom glitter" that one i loved and will have to remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Seeing the world through colours, not fear, is good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  41. "The world needs more kindness, more smiles and more people who lift others." Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awww, such a wonderful post. Full of smiles and kindness.

    I linked this post to my Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Linda. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  43. I talk to myself all the time :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh how I know that last picture!!! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  45. El gato segundo es igual que el de mi madre, ja ja ja.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  46. My favorite quote here is "When you can't control what is happening around you, challenge yourself to control the way in which you respond. That is where your true power lies." So much truth in this one!

    I just loved that first video cracked me up. Crystal Blue Persuasion is an excellent oldie! Have a blessed week, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely yellow flowers, dear Linda.
    Fantastic, the gag!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Moin Dear Linda,
    cool, ein Käsekuchenrezept ohne Backen. Deine ausgesuchten Sprüche sind so schön, danke dafür.
    Einen schönen Abend mit lieben Grüße nach Kanada von Traudi.🍀

    ReplyDelete
  49. Always a fun visit! Thanks for taking the time to find the wisdom and giggles for us! xo

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oi, Linda! Parece que tudo normalizou no Blogger, não é? Eu adorei o pensamento sobre controlar a forma que vc reage ao ambiente hostil. E esta informação sobre as flores e as abelhas é incrível! Obrigada por estas mensagens maravilhosas! Beijos nas bochechas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  51. When I fall, it's less a hug I'm giving the ground than a kiss. My chin was bruised for a couple weeks there.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Eu adoraria que um gatinho lindo viesse morar comigo como o da primeira imagem do artigo do blog, que aliás está sensacional Linda!!!
    Impressionante o gato da sua tia Eileen. Em 1952 o gatinho já comandava a casa, que espetáculo!!!
    Amei tudo por aqui como sempre!!
    Beijos e uma otima semana!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. That first meme of the 'smiling' cat always makes me feel better. My mom used to make that no-bake cheesecake all the time when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Lo scherzo della foto è fantastico😊
    Ciao felice settimana, un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  55. Aunt Eileen has a big cat! We are who we become by what happens to us and what we learn from it. Some people carry around nothing but bitterness and don't grow, which is sad. All of us have trials and joys.

    ReplyDelete
  56. So nice to read all the wonderful sayings. Thanks for taking the time to post them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. These are great, my dear. My first employment at the tender age of 15 was at a Woolworth store. I still remember when it closed; management made us mark all the prices up before the discounts kicked in. ~shakes head~ Greed is as old as humanity, isn't it? I really appreciated learning about how pollen laden flowers let off static electricity. God's creations are amazing.

    Crystal Blue Persuasion is a song I'd not heard in decades. But I immediately heard the title being sung in my mind. Thank you for sharing and best wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I haven't heard mention of the "Woolworth" department store in years. And I think my mom used to make that kind of cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  59. All of these are great but that photo of your auntie with the cat, precious.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Linda. Getting expert advice from yourself is a good reason to talk to yourself. Until next time. 🙂👋

    ReplyDelete
  61. morning greetings from kuala lumpur. it seems that haze is not yet gone, so it's hazy again today (which i don't like it). for today, i choose this quote:
    I hope you find joy in even the smallest of things today.. take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  62. I like it when you share the old photos Linda.
    Have a great new week!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  63. The quote about 'wisdom glitter' made me laugh out loud! Such a fun way to look at gray hair...to tell you the truth, i have lots of grey hair now and i did not plan to dye yet...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'm a little late stopping by but I'm still I catch up mode. I found the info about bees really fascinating. I hope your having a wonderful start to the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  65. My hairdresser calls my gray hair my sparklers! I love when you post a recipe. You always post such great stuff!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Your posts certainly contain something for everyone. Some of my favorites today were the interesting information about flowers using electricity to talk to bees, and the Just for Laughs, that really did have me laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  67. It's always a delight to be here in your space; it warms up the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  68. 1.Sometimes you solve the problem by choosing not to participate in it.
    2. My body knows how old I am, but my mind refuses to believe it. :)
    3. Just checking in.
    Actually, I loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Another great post with some lovely photos, quotes, and memes, Linda. Now I'm wanting some cheesecake! :D

    ReplyDelete
  70. Magnifico trabajo, amiga. En tu linea de creacion.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Goodmorning Linda,
    Lot's of cats find their own home. They are welcome.
    I love cheesecake but eat it almost never :)
    Have a nice day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Hah..hah..hah..."You don't have a cat? This is your lucky day! I'm moving in" that meme is so funny! I like the no-bake cheesecake recipe. It is so much easier than making a baked cheesecake. Have a great week ahead, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Linda, I love your photo of the sunflowers! They are so bright and cheery. It's lovely that your Aunt EIleen had a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Thank you again for the inspiring thoughts. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Are those pretty flowers sunflowers and not daisies? Since they look small.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Gosto muito de passar por aqui! A citação sobre controlarmos a nossa reação quando não podemos controlar o que acontece é uma grande verdade. E ri imenso com o vídeo dos apanhados! Abraços 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  77. Getting expert advice by talking to yourself made me laugh. Great quotes and images, thank you for this wonderful post. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I like to keep watching a cat a little away.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Your post made me smile, more than once..
    A cat walked in to our porch last week (the one I used to feed earlier) I was worried about him, he came back and greets me every morning. Loves his treats..

    The sunflowers you posted look so beautiful. To my eyes, they look like a fusion of sunflowers and bhringraj (a flowering plant we have in India) even the leaves look similar to me.

    I wish you a beautiful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Thoughts, Joy and Giggles

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...