Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Take a Deep Breath!

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 pm Montreal time (clock is on right hand sidebar)

For an alternative or backup way to follow blogs...
You can follow me by email. (I only post twice a week). (the email option is at the top right column of my blog). Or...you can click on any one of the following links/websites. If you use Feedly or The Old Reader, or Inoreader you can add other blogs that you wish to follow, including mine, and you will be updated when any new posts appear. Having a backup is a good idea to keep up with your friends and readers. They are all free to use! I hope this helps you all! 

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day.

When the mind learns to let go, what was once heavy becomes light. What was once chaotic becomes still. And what was once unseen may now appear with perfect clarity. - Phra Supalak
                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Forgiveness does not mean forgetting the past, but learning how to remember without allowing old wounds to take away the peace of the present. - Bhikkhu Pannakara
                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Forgotten chicken
Ingredients: 4 boneless chicken breasts, 2 cups uncooked instant rice, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 packet dry onion soup mix. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 and a half hours.

A little love goes a long way.
Simplicity


Who betrays you once will betray you a thousand times. There is no need to drink the whole sea to realize that it is salty. Be wise.
Ellie's Pug


How to manage anger...recognize triggers, practice deep breathing, take a time-out, express your feelings, use relaxation techniques, think before speaking, identify possible solutions.
Life is Positive


Don't forget to play. 

If you eat watermelon with a pinch of sea salt, it restores lost minerals faster than sports drinks.
Better Remedies


Accept what isn't so that you can move forward with what is.
Mary Engelbreit


It's time to just be happy. Being angry, sad and overthinking isn't worth it anymore. Just let things flow. Be positive.

Walking 75 minutes per week can add 2 years to your life. 40 minutes 3 times per week protects brain memory. 30 minutes a day can reduce depression by 36%. 60 minutes a day can cut the risk of obesity in half.

Not my coop. Not my poop!  :)

Every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile and start again.

Not every season is for growing. Maybe right now is your time to be dormant. Step back and rest for a while.
The Latest Kate


You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. - Abraham Lincoln
Keep Inspiring


Sending love and hugs! Good night and sweet dreams. :)

The following photo is one that was shared to me by my cousin, Vince. My Uncle Ian Sr., Aunt Eileen and my cousin, Ian Jr.
Aunt Eileen was my mother's sister.

The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)

Baby foxes meet and immediately become obsessed with each other  :) (The Dodo)

Chihuahua thinks this lizard is her baby :) (The Dodo)

Welcome to my world - Jim Reeves

Here comes the sun - The Beatles

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

79 comments:

  1. I have made that chicken recipe before. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love dear friend. Big breathes taken as my day begins. My chickens love watermelon on a hot day, as do the honeyeaters quendas and ravens. I might try the salt trick myself in the summer though. Great tip 🍉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the staying positive ones, we need that right now with all that we hear bad, there is still a lot of good in the world too,we need to concentrate on that :). Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is new, and every month is new!! Always joyful to visit here!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had chihuahuas when I was a kid so I really got a kick out of the protective lizard one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda. "Purrs of Wisdom" and "Accept what isn't so that you can move forward with what is" speek to me," Many things are out of my control! Take care and be well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful reminder. ❤️ Learning to let go can bring so much peace and clarity. Thank you for sharing these uplifting words and always brightening the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made that chicken before, now I need to make it again. Sounds good in this cooler weather.
    I love watermelon with salt.
    I love seeing old photos like your family one. They are treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These were great, Linda. Learning to let go and let God take over is such a wonderful way to live life. When we can let go of the past and the things that have bound us and hurt us, and let God be in control of our thoughts and actions instead, we gain a peace that the world cannot take away from us. Forgiving others, even when they don't ever say "I'm sorry", is the only way to move forward. Just don't look back. You're not going that way. "Remember Lot's wife." Luke 17:32. I remind myself of that verse and what Jesus said many times when I am tempted to look back at the past. I don't want to become a pillar of salt. Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week. You always give us something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so good! However, I'm loving the not my coop not my poop!! I'm stealing that one. Fox are cute so is the dog one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Forgiveness does not mean forgetting the past, but learning how to remember without allowing old wounds to take away the peace of the present."

    Wow, so beautiful, thanks for this post.

    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great post, Linda! We all need to take a deep breath and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lindas imagenes. Gracias por la receta y los consejos. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your aunt's polka dot dress!

    "Here comes the sun" is one of my favourite Beatles songs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We didn't call it forgotten chicken. We called it chicken & rice, and I had it with some frequency during my childhood. I've even made it lately. It's a great dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of good advice in these memes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy to see your blog post in the morning, Linda..
    Your aunt's family picture brings me much memories of my own.. It is lovely.. You previously shared a picture of her, if I remember right? Wearing the same dress. She carries it so well; such a beautiful polka dot dress. I wish we went back to dressing up like old times..

    The forgotten chicken, it is the first time I am hearing it. My mother roasts chicken in pan and serves us with rice and gravy. (she makes with coconut milk and spices) I grew up learning to make more of pan based chicken dishes. This one you shared sounds flavorful and tempting. I must try once. Thank you again.

    Your posts are always pleasant to read in the morning..😊 Makes my mornings much better. My best wishes to you India.

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Not my coop, not my poop!" HAHAHAHAHA, I love it! Must send that one to my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting info about eating watermelon with a pinch of salt.
    I love vintage photos that give you a glimose into the past, like the one your cousin Vince shared.

    ReplyDelete
  20. When the mind learns to let go, what was once heavy becomes light. What was once chaotic becomes still. And what was once unseen may now appear with perfect clarity. This is my favourite today!!! Thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The chihuahua and the lizard is rather odd.

    ReplyDelete
  22. thursday morning greetings from kuala lumpur. the weather is sunny today but haze is still here...for today,i choose this quote: Forgiveness does not mean forgetting the past, but learning how to remember without allowing old wounds to take away the peace of the present...take care dear linda!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is good to understand: "Who betrays you once will betray you a thousand times. There is no need to drink the whole sea to realize that it is salty. Be wise."
    I also like this one: "Accept what isn't so that you can move forward with what is." 🍎
    🍁 Happy Autumn Linda !

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful quotes and words of wisdom. A great recipe, and it’s lovely to see your relatives—such a wonderful memory from the past!
    You also chose some great videos. Wishing you a lovely October 1st. Hugs, Elke.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of great quotes again and love the first one So much wisdom in that one Its all not easy to learn though That's why its called wisdom I guess. Arohanui ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  26. "Sending love and hugs! Good night and sweet dreams. :)" Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a sweet photo of your family, Linda. I always like to look at old photos. Your aunt , Uncle and cousin looked so stylish. Thank you for brightening my day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  28. In case: Let us play, I agree. No much else makes sense at times...
    Good idea with the salt on the melon!
    And yupp - I just make a huge step away from my Brother - I move forward.
    And to animals, of course! Much love and warm hugs on a cold October´s day, dear friend Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thinking before reacting has been a relationship saver for me; I also don't hesitate to say, "I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'll need some time to process it." I believe in forgiving but not forgetting. I don't like being burned twice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Here comes the Sun 🎶 The Beatles are always welcome. And I enjoyed your post very much.
    Have a good time ahead. Greetings by Heidrun ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  31. That reminds me that I haven't had watermelon at all this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just for laughs - at least they smiled in the end..lol
    Memes are good and Jim Reeves had a smooth lovely voice, Linda.
    I do like your new look on your blog and you appeared on my blog ok this time.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Goodmorning Linda,
    I can't login on my blogspot account.. I love to see a Jack Russel!
    Anger is something I hate. People getting upset for nothing these days.
    HAve a nice day, John

    ReplyDelete
  34. La sandia con sal me encantra!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Merci pour ce moment sérénité et gourmand aussi.
    Bonne journée Linda

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello Linda,
    These are wonderful quotes again, the one below is my favorite, and it resonates a bit with my own life.
    Accept what isn't there, so you can move forward with what is.
    I wish you a lovely Thursday.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Linda! What a coincidence. I was taking deep breaths yesterday in an effort to reduce my stress levels. Unfortunately, I did not sleep well last night but hope to get better shut eye this evening. The recipe you shared is rather interesting, cooking chicken and rice together in the oven is so practical.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful quotes! I laughed at the 100 000 tickets! I don't think I would be happy either, if I was the one being fined :D
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello Linda,
    Wise words and great advice, love all the cute images.
    Thanks for your inspiring post.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  40. A lovely selection of wise words! Yes, play is so important. I try to convey this in my art tutorials :) I'm happy for you that your cousin kept all the old photos! Have a beautiful day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Bom.dia minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado pela visita e comentário sobre o Parque Estadual dos Três Picos. A minha reflexão preferida é "Perdoar não significa esquecer o passado, mas aprender a lembrar sel permitir que antigas feridas roubem.a paz do prese". Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá?, um excelente mês de outubro e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The forgotten chicken sounds like a nice dish! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. “Not my coop. Not my poop! :)”
    I chose this one because it made me laugh the moment I read it. I think I’ll borrow it for those occasions when I am tempted to get involved in something that has nothing to do with me. It will save me more than one explanation.
    A big hug

    ReplyDelete
  44. As we get more into fall and then winter, the days get shorter, so maybe the Beatles should really sing "There Goes the Sun".

    ReplyDelete
  45. The chicken recipe sounds good. I love chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Grazie per il post , buon mese d'ottobre, un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lindo, hluboká pravda: Kdo tě zradí jednou, zradí tě tisíckrát. Měli bychom si to pamatovat.
    Moudré citáty, Beatles a Jim Reeves - parádní poslech.
    Přeji úspěšný vstup do měsíce října, Lindo!

    ReplyDelete
  48. That one about betrayal - I loved that. Experience!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi, Linda!

    Happy October to you, dear friend! I agree that your mind can be taught or trained to let go of baggage. As the years roll by, I find myself surprised at how little impact once painful memories now have on me. They have lost their power. A traumatic event of the past now seems small and rather trivial in the grand scheme of things. I simply shake my head and smile, knowing that I figured out ways to cope and move on. Just yesterday, Mrs. Shady made a chicken dish for dinner. She is always interested in new recipes and I will pass along yours for "Forgotten Chicken." I love Ellie's Pug and it has wise words for us. That's an excellent chart showing tips on how to manage anger. We need to make sure our political leaders get a copy of it. I learned many years ago the importance of setting aside time each day for play. The trick is to reframe all work as play. I love the taste of watermelon (even watermelon flavored chewing gum) and will remember that recommended dash of sea salt. Snoopy offers valuable advice. Now, more than ever before, there is so much happening in the world to dampen our spirits that is is imperative to find a way to experience happiness each day. Thank you for showing the graphic about the benefits of walking. I rotate three exercise programs and today is my walking day. The Abe Lincoln quote is key. Too many of the world's leaders are refusing to take responsibility. They are behaving like there is no tomorrow. They appear not be be thinking about the kind of world they are creating and leaving behind for their children and grandchildren to deal with. Thank you for sharing the old photo of your aunt, uncle and cousin. That's a brilliant Just For Laughs Gag, making unsuspecting motorists pose as the copper is rewarded for issuing 100,000 tickets. It's fun to watch people initially get hot under the collar and later smile with relief when let in on the prank. It is heartwarming to watch those young foxes running and playing together. Jim Reeves was a major star of Country music when I was young. I enjoyed listening to his 1963 hit. Sadly, Jim died in a plane crash at the too young age of 40. The optimistic Beatles song is an ideal way to end your post.

    I have a new post up and running for the H-ween season and invite you to take a peek when you can. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your week and weekend, dear friend Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Creo que en esta ocasión superaste algo el listón de las frases que nos dejas. Curioso el nombre de la receta del pollo.
    El video de la broma me gusto al igual que los de los animales. Por cierto cualquiera se arrima al lagarto y el zorrito mas pequeño creo que piensa que es su hermano mayor.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderfull quotes and music Linda... something to think about wilst listening to Jim Reeves... what a golden did that man have, didn't he


    Wishing you well and a nice week(end)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Dear Linda, thank you for sharing with us the photo your cousin shared to you. Very nice vintage photo of your relatives. Priceless 💕

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful posts, I love all the motivation here. I love The Beatles "Here comes the sun" its one of my favourite songs!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you for sharing, Linda, your posts always brighten my day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Fabulous post. You made me smile. You always make me smile.

    I linked this post to Wordless Wednesday.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week, Linda. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  56. Motivating and uplifting at the same time! Hugs ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  57. So many good ones today, Linda. I had to laugh at Not my coop. Not my poop! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  58. That forgotten chicken sounds good. I just love old family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Happy October. Enjoy your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Dear Linda - thank you for sharing your recipe...I am going to try it...always like something in the oven easy to fix. Who doesn't love those old Beatle Songs and Welcome to My World by Jim Reeves was wonderful to hear again. I had forgotten that song. Hope you have a blessed weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Such wise words Linda, I have enjoyed your blog post. I signed up to follow with both The Old Reader and Inoreader for which I am grateful to know about so many thanks!
    Have a lovely day
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love it when I come to your blog and find something that I need or thought about or heard on the radio. Today it is the second quote, by Bhikkhu Pannakara. I wrote this to somebody struggling with forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  63. You are so right, every day is a new beginning. Sometimes something we could do well to remember. Thanks for the visit, keep well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful quotes and words. Thank you Linda 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  65. Świetne! Od razu poprawił mi się nastrój :)

    ReplyDelete
  66. Not my coop. Not my poop! :)

    Ha Ha!! :-)
    Happy October!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  67. What a lovely series of quotes! Very wise, indeed!
    Thank you for the visit on my craft blog!
    All the best and a fine October!❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  68. 'Big smile', dear Linda!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Always love seeing the pictures.
    Forgotten Chicken sounds like a dish I would make.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hello Linda, a lovely post to end the month of September with and I now wish you a happy and peaceful new month of October.
    I did enjoy both videos. . . not listened to Jim Reeves for some time now and it was very nice to listen to him today.
    Wishing you enjoyable days ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  71. Querida Linda sempre trazendo mensagens inspiradoras. Não sabia sobre a melancia com sal.
    Sua família é muito bonita. Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Every day is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile and start again. Love this. I also need to try that Chicken recipe.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love the quotes you've selected for this post, Linda, and the videos. I want to try that chicken recipe, one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. I'm looking for the sun! It's been dreary ever since our weekend storm. The chicken recipe looks good! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  75. It's always so inspirational to stop by your blog. You find the best stuff to share. I love the one about betrayal , the watermelon tip, the information about walking too. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Forgotten chicken is one of the first dishes I learned how to make! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Take a Deep Breath!

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...