Sunday, May 24, 2026

Spreading Some Sunshine

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! Next post will be on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. 

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!


To me, fast food is when a cheetah eats an antelope. - George Carlin  :)

                                      Trvst


I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? - Ernest Hemingway



You can't make a cloudy day a sunny day, but you can embrace it and decide it's going to be a good day after all. - Jane Lynch
Real Simple


Do it scared! You will find your way!
Natural Life


Make space for new growth.
Buddha Doodles


We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw
Always the Holidays


Stay in one place and deal with who you are. You take your problems with you wherever you go. - Penelope Trunk
Creating a Life You Love - Suzie Cheel


Trade your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly. - Tony Robbins
Spirituality & Health


I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship. - Louisa May Alcott
Spirituality & Health


A positive mind towards everything will give you a happier life.
Spirit Science


Be happy. You never know how much time you have left.
Positive Energy+


Whoever said revenge is sweet never tasted the yumminess of forget-about-it.
Karen Salmansohn


Yes...matter of fact he is adopted. But he's still my baby!  :)
Dogs, Cats & Horses


The art of living is never more beautiful than when there are friends in the picture.
Susan Gale Quotes


Ahhh, Spring!  :)
Meanwhile in Canada


Having a bad day? Try imagining everyone you see in a tutu and tiara...everyone. - Jane Lee Logan
Princess Sassy Pants & Co.


Never let anyone burst your bubble.
Alanna Chasin, aka the Dog Buddha

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Alley Cat Allies


Blogger issues continue, unfortunately. Here is a post I made a while back about the issues. Blogger Issues, Comments Off


The following photos are my own, which I took on May 18th with my cellphone. I have no idea what these flowers are, but I took the photo because I thought they look so pretty. You can click on any image to see a larger view.


These last two photos are lilacs.



The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)

Rat at risk of becoming snake food gets much needed emotional support (GeoBeats Animals)

Animals start "singing" back when this singer performs (The Koala)

The Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel (1966)

Echo Park - Keith Barbour (this is a beautiful, heartfelt and touching song that I am sure many can relate to)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

118 comments:

  1. ...Linda, how can you miss when spreading some sunshine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Linda! The first two quotes made me smile! And the one where the cat adopted a puppy touched my heart. The flowers you captured are so pretty! I am also wondering what those pink flowers are, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindas imagenes buena reflexión. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Linda! I absolutely love the selection of quotes today, especially the ones about embracing a cloudy day and staying young by playing. The pink flowers you captured on your phone are absolutely lovely too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just wonderful. Your photos are simply gorgeous. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me think of my grandmother and her lilacs, Linda. It is a very sweet memory of mine, so thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I am awake - LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your flower photos! Isn't it just the most wonderful time of the year? I like the adoption meme. I have 3 adopted nieces so that one hit me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Stay in one place and deal with who you are. You take your problems with you wherever you go"

    Reminds me of, "Wherever you go, there you are." Apparently, there was a book of that title.

    "Wherever you go, there you are" is a popular idiom with ancient roots, most famously popularized in modern times by mindfulness expert Jon Kabat-Zinn as the title of his 1994 book on meditation. The phrase is often used to mean that one cannot escape oneself or one's problems by changing locations. (Goolge)

    ReplyDelete
  10. morning greetings from kuala lumpur. today is a sunny day..and co-incidentally, i choose this quote which has some connection with sunny/cloudy day : You can't make a cloudy day a sunny day, but you can embrace it and decide it's going to be a good day after all...anyway, i love all the flowers pic that u took...the pink flowers..i think i saw the same one when i was in netherlands (near the bus stop when I went to Zaanse Schans ie windmill place). take care dear linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to see nature around you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Be happy. You never know how much time you have left." Life is short, cherish every moment with our loved one.
    the flowers are so pretty! It looks like peach blossom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahahaha, the guy sitting in the pothole like it's a hot tub! That gave me a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your selection of quotes always brings a smile to my day. Thank you so much for sharing them, Linda. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at all the lovely flowers blooming!!! So right one does not know how much time we have so we need to enjoy each and every day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love reading your quotes and get inspired! Thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is certainly some imagination used when coming up with the practical jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ce florilège est un véritable shot de bonne humeur et de sagesse ! On y passe de l'humour mordant de George Carlin ou d'Hemingway à des pensées ultra-positives, le tout entrecoupé de jolies notes fleuries et de clins d'œil animaliers.
    Merci Linda. Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 💚 I just love the pictures of the Buddha Doodles 💚

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like maybe you've been having some rainy and cold weather in Montreal? We certainly have here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good memes and the flowers you too are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for the little sun(s), Linda!
    Your flowers are so nice!
    Funny gag!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It´s a sunny day here, dear friend Linda - at least outside. And I will never grow old :-)
    Expectations are ... anyways. To positive thinking!
    Sadly? I am the "forget about it"-type of gal.
    Yes, so YES.. in a tutu and tiara!!! Thank you, dear friend Linda, you made my day!
    And always remember ... blogger is for free... And... to Spring!!!

    I had a mouse. She knew where my ears are - naked, hairless, she climbed on my shoulder and told me stories... I let her roam free when I was at home (I was 14) - she lived a long life... I still miss her.
    And oh, to music! To Silence. One of my favs... Much love sent over to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Plenty sunshine we have with 30ºc expected today !
    Have a lovely week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  25. Linda, adorei as fotos das flores, os vídeos e as citações divertidas! Muito bom! Ótima semana, beijos, chica

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such an inspiring quotes you shared here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks Linda- always uplifting and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Linda, the Canada meme made me laugh! Louisa May Alcott was very wise. Those look like apple blossoms. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  29. blogger was acting weird for me today....ugh. Love the quotes and the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, Linda!

    I appreciated the irreverent comic style of George Carlin and followed his career since first seeing him in the role of Herbie Fleck in the 1968 Doris Day comedy film With Six You Get Eggroll. Carlin was a hot ticket on the college campus concert circuit and his live albums were extremely popular. That kitty has the right idea: sleep your cares away. "Do it scared! You will find your way!" is powerful. In the "est training" and NLP personal development workshops I attended in the early to mid 80s, we referred to the process as confronting your fears head-on and turning fear into power. I love that George Bernard Shaw quote. Always make time in your daily life for play. In fact, by using imaginative reframing techniques, all work can be transformed into play. The heartwarming meme showing a mother cat with her adopted puppy reminds us that we don't all have to be the same to achieve a win-win by reaching out and caring for others. The image reminding us that spring is pothole season is hilarious. Thank you for sharing the delightful pictures of trees in bloom there in Montreal as well as the lilacs. Mrs. Shady recently brought home a showy "Miss Kim" lilac shrub that we planted in a large container on the corner of our property. I enjoyed the Just for Laughs gag. Some of those citizens seemed genuinely flustered by the vain, ditsy woman who couldn't stand seeing someone else wearing the same outfit, even an innocent little dog. It's a sad fact that some animals are unfairly hated, the rat being one of them. I was touched by the video of the kind woman who adopted the rat and became its "emotional support human." It's wonderful to think that animals, both wild and domesticated, appreciate music and singing as much as humans. That hit song by S&G always takes me back to the day I went to the movie theater, notebook in hand, and watched The Graduate three times in a row, taking copious notes for an essay I later wrote for a "mass media" course at university. I appreciated your "Echo Park" song offering and would like to suggest a similar song that I have known and loved since 1970. Go to YouTube and listen to "Old Man's Song" by folksinger/songwriter Tom Rush.

    I have a new post up and running at Shady's Place and invite you to join the fun if and when you can. Have a wonderful week, dear friend Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aunque me gustan todas frases en esta ocasión quiero destacar la frase dos, la tres y esa que acompaña a la gata cobijando un cachorro de perro.
    Tus fotos nos demuestran la bella llegada de la primavera a tu ciudad.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really loved the meme with the cat and puppy, Linda. So touching! And of course, your photos are outstanding. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The photo of the cat and puppy... priceless 💖

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful blossoms Linda, I enjoyed all the inspiring quotes and images. Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I chose this quote today: “You can’t turn a cloudy day into a sunny one, but you can embrace it and decide it’s going to be a good day after all.” I think that is often the difference between sinking and carrying on, especially on those days when everything feels a little heavier than usual.
    And by the way, any song by Simon & Garfunkel completely carries me away. A big hug, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is 35C here today and the flowers will star to die slowly as the heat of the summer sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice selection today. I love lilacs. I think I can smell them through the screen

    ReplyDelete
  38. I agree that "fast food is when a cheetah eats an antílope" :D
    Indeed, a calm sea never made a skilled sailor!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. You always have the best post. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  40. All good ones too! Our grandchildren are adopted. So I like the cat and puppy one best. Next to never too old..until you don't try one. Lilacs are beautiful this year. I get the pothole one - our roads in Wisconsin the same.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I do love all the critters pictures ... and the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I loved reading through these quotes, especially the ones about finding sunshine even on cloudy days and staying young by playing. They carry so much wisdom in simple words.
    Your flower captures are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hello Linda! Thank you for another post full of sunshine, wise words and laughs :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a warm and uplifting post! I love the positive energy and gentle optimism you share here. It really does feel like a little bit of sunshine brightening the day.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you for the beautiful, uplifting collection today.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello Linda,

    Once again, you are showing a wonderful variety of beautiful pictures with even more beautiful texts. Many of those texts always make me happy. I also had problems with Blogger, but I am making my photos smaller now. Or rather, the data is smaller when converting from MB to KB.

    Your photos of the flowers are also very beautiful, although I wouldn't know offhand what kind of flowers (blossom) the first two photos are. After all, I can't view them in detail.
    The fact is, however, that I really enjoyed myself here.
    Warm regards, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  47. Dear Linda, thank you for the photos of lovely flowers. I must remember that on May 18, there are pretty flowers on trees in Montreal. I like the lilacs flowers, so small and dainty.
    Have a good week ahead 💕

    ReplyDelete
  48. Aren't those lilacs?

    All the best,
    Hilly

    ReplyDelete
  49. Questo post è un'iniezione di positività. Belle anche le immagini dei fiori!

    Un caro saluto.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I agree with Ernest Hemingway. Sleeping is very important.
    Best regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hola, Linda. Se que me voy a repetir pero las gracias siempre a ti, por tus amenas y laboriosas entradas, que siempre nos alegran el día.
    Algunos de los vídeos de bromas que nos sueles poner, resulta que al final me he hecho seguidores de ellos a través de YouTube, porque son muy divertidos.
    Un cordial saludo, amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Linda, your blossom pics are lovely too! Spring is just so good for the soul, when everything is fresh and new and before the stifling summer heat. Enjoy the week! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  53. Boa tarde minha querida amiga Linda. Suas reflexões, são maravilhosas. A minha preferida é " Você não pode transformar um dia nublado em um dia ensolarado mas pode decidir aceitá-lo e decidir que , afinal, será um bom dia". Uma excelente tarde de segunda-feira, para você e todos os seus familiares em Montreal e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  54. So true, be happy, you never know how much time you have left.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Lovely quotes. I like your photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Nice to read all those happy sayings.
    I love lilacs, they smell wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your lilacs are pretty.
    I loved Simon and Garfunkel.
    Having a bad day? Try imagining everyone you see in a tutu and tiara...everyone. - Jane Lee Logan

    ReplyDelete
  58. Such beautiful blossoms! Have a good start into the week, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  59. GBS Was absolutely right. Never stop playing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. The George Carlin quote is fantastic! :D He was so funny. Such a shame he's no longer here.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wise and witty words. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Como nos acostumaste, Linda: belas imagens, sábias citações! Hoje, destaco especialmente as de Jane Lynch e esta: "Seja feliz sempre. Você nunca sabe quanto tempo ainda tem.". Magníficas! Meu abraço, boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  63. It is always a sweet visit here, Linda! Thanks for the smiles and good thoughts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  64. The flowers are so pretty, it looked more like a tree than a bush. Now I'm wondering what they are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Yes, learning to sail your ship in life is vital!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Wonderful sentiments. Ernest Hemingway's is rather sad, of course, but I agree in all the best ways. My dreams are sometimes amazing! Hugs and well wishes, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Nejvíc mě zaujala tato moudrost: Buď šťastný. Nikdy nevíš, kolik času ti zbývá. 👍
    Krásné fotografie jsi, Lindo, pořídila. Budu se těšit na další a Blogger - ať funguje!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love lilacs! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  69. You certainly know how to curate positive vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I remember a saying from long ago, "No matter where you go, there you are." We can bring positivity or negativity to any situation or new environment. I generally go with "learning to sail my ship" through whatever waters I have to deal with. Even at 69, I'm still learning!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. dropping by here again. it's sunny day today in kuala lumpur. for today, i choose this quote: A positive mind towards everything will give you a happier life....take care dear linda!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Spring Flowers and great advice, what more cana post be about? I even copied one of the quotes into today's journal page. Thanks, and have a wonderful start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  73. A fine and entertaining post! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love the quote, A positive mind towards everything will give you a happier life. I do believe that has a lot to do with it, being thankful is too! I can't tell what kind of flowers are in the first couple of your pictures either, might be a type of magnolia maybe?
    Yes I see that I am still having updates all over the place, I go back a few days just to make sure I haven't missed anything. I no longer get email updates when someone posts to my blog either, I wonder if I did click something that did it or they just don't do email updates anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love this quote: "Trade your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly."

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Wonderful the quotes and photos from your!!!
    have a good days, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wonderful post, Linda, with interesting quotes and videos.
    Many greetings

    ReplyDelete
  78. Thank you for the sunshine, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I love the Hemingway one! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  80. What beautiful photos you have taken.
    The sayings are very beautiful again too, the one below is my favorite.
    Be happy. You never know how much time you have left.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  81. Когда больше 4 лет живешь в войне под постоянными обстрелами, то никакие позитивные мотиваторы уже не работают и не помогают жить...к сожалению...

    ReplyDelete
  82. Honestly, daily life becomes more manageable when we learn how to adjust our perspective. Problems may not disappear, but at least we do not let them completely break us 😊

    Thanks again for sharing, and hope your week goes well Linda! 💜🍀

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thank you Linda. Your post made me happy once again.

    ReplyDelete
  84. If I had to sum it all up, I would describe it this way: live in the here and now. Don’t dwell on yesterday, and don’t worry about tomorrow. Most importantly: always stay true to yourself!
    I hope you have a wonderful time. Warm regards!

    ReplyDelete
  85. Your blog is such a great place to visit, Linda. I look forward to it. The flowers are so pretty. Just what we need to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Interesting quotes and videos, well done. Thanks for the contact and comment on my blog. Cheers Diane,

    ReplyDelete
  87. Mooi om te zien Linda.
    Groetjes Tinie

    ReplyDelete
  88. Cats are really clever ! My Rosie for the moment sleeps 23 h because it is so hot and the hour left she uses me as highway ! Like the video with the little painted doggy !

    ReplyDelete
  89. Querida, foi ficar a imaginar todas as pessoas usando tutu e tiara que o meu dia vai ficar lindo.... rsrs Amei a mensagem!!
    Ando passando dias difíceis e aqui tenho momentos de leveza que só você consegue trazer...
    Muito obrigada!
    Beijos!!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Great one Linda and love your photos. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  91. Hi Linda,
    The Sound of Silence is a favorite song for our family.
    Have a blessed week ahead.
    xo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  92. Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts. They help more than you know.

    ReplyDelete
  93. The flower pictures you took really are so pretty. I really liked these this week.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Hello Linda! There are so many good quotes!!! Thank you for always sharing these uplifting, encouraging and sometimes fun and making me smile quotes. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm very glad to have found yours.

    Wishing you a very happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Thanks for your comment on my blog....and for spreading some sunshine! Well, Poppy loves to nap almost all day too...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I have to say the comment about sleep is 100% on the money. It's the waking hours that ruin me!!
    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  98. The idea that we grow old when we stop playing resonates with me. One year I chose "play" as my word for the year. I may have it again next year. I fear I'm growing too serious!

    ReplyDelete
  99. Dear Linda! As always, a very interesting post. I'm delighted with it. I'm still having problems with Blogger, too. We'll just have to get through this.
    Have a beautiful, sunny, and warm spring.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Love reading your quotes! Thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Oi, Linda! Alegria e bom humor salvam o dia! Pensamento positivo também! Amei as fotos de flores! Beijos nas bochechas! 😘♥️

    ReplyDelete
  102. I love the cheetah one especially. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Good afternoon, Linda. Your first two plants (the pink flowers) are a mystery. My iPhone identified as members of the rose family but there are a lot of members of that family. I laughed watching the first video. I'm a longtime Simon and Garfunkel fan and that's the song that started my fan journey. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  104. awesome quotes today...i think "the art of living is never more beautiful than when there are friends in the picture" is my favorite. the lilacs are gorgeous, they have been my favorite since childhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  105. Oh you find such beautiful quotes The one which struck me today: Stay in one place and deal with who you are. You take your problems with you wherever you go. Good one if you don't deal with your stuff others have to deal with it too And what a beautiful spring blossom We enter winter here

    ReplyDelete
  106. Lovely quotes, Linda, and those are some gorgeous flowers you photographed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  107. Your collection of quotes, humor, and sweet animal moments brings such a lighthearted, hopeful feeling, and the flower photos you captured add a lovely touch of spring while the mix of wisdom, playfulness, and gentle encouragement makes this post feel like a warm bit of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  108. You find the best quotes!! Afraid I wouldn't be petting that rat though - yewww.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Tus citas siempre me gustan. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  110. your flower and lilac photos are beautiful, and the videos and music selections add such a comforting and thoughtful touch...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Chill Out

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...