Sunday, June 7, 2026

Words to Live By

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday, at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Blogger news reader issues continue. I am doing the best I can with it. Thanks so much for your love and support. 

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!


There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

                                 HubPages


To the world, you were just a cat. To me, you were everything.

                                  WikiHow


It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about. - Dale Carnegie

                                      Trvst


Read nature; nature is a friend to truth. - Edward Young

                                      Trvst


It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

                                      Trvst


You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results. - Mahatma Gandhi

                                      Trvst


Positive thoughts, words and actions create positive feelings. Positive feelings generate positive energy. - Nozer Kanga

                                     Trvst


Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. - Warren Buffett

                                       Trvst


You'll get there. But right now, you're here. Pause. Rest. Reset.
                               Tiny Buddha


Many adults are still trying to earn the love they never received as kids. If you're one of them, I hope you know it wasn't your fault and you deserved so much more.
                                 Tiny Buddha


Small things done with great love are great things. - Elisabeth Beucher
                          Sketches in Stillness


True compassion means not only feeling another's pain but also being moved to help relieve it. - Daniel Goleman
          Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


He who demands little gets it. - Ellen Glasgow
                         Discovery Tales


Happiness is....an inside job.
                           Seth Adam Smith


You don't need to be appealing to everyone.
                             The Latest Kate


I breathe in confidence and I exhale fear.

                             Stevie M. Starks


I think that little by little, I'll be able to solve my problems and survive. - Frida Kahlo

                              Healthy Place


I'm better than I used to be. Better than I was yesterday. But hopefully not as good as I'll be tomorrow. - Marianne Williamson

                                  InspiresN


The most beautiful eyes are those who see everything with love and compassion. - Nur Blessing
                                 Life Rhino


It is a wholesome and necessary thing for us to turn again to the earth and in the contemplation of her beauties to know the sense of wonder and humility. - Rachel Carson
                                      Trvst


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone in a beautiful Montreal park! I have no idea what any of the plants or flowers are, but I just found them pretty. You can click on any image to see a larger view.


There are a couple of stone walkways in this park, this is one of them.

As I mentioned at the beginning of my photos, I have no idea what the flowers and/or plants are called, I just found them beautiful, so I decided to take these photos and share them with you all!



The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Cat yells at mom to take her on daily stroller rides (The Dodo)  :)

Guy rescues an egg and becomes a swan dad for life (The Dodo)  :)

Yellow Submarine - The Beatles

Stranger on the Shore - steel guitar

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

102 comments:

  1. Just letting you know that this post didn't show up in my newsfeed.
    Annoying how frequently this happens!
    Great quotes as always.
    My cats are my world, can't imagine my life without them.
    Love the pathway you photographed, as well as those two sculptured trees. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about." - Dale

    Yes, "The quality of our lives depends on how we focus our energy and our attention."

    ReplyDelete
  3. These words to live by are so inspirational and comforting! I love the photos from the park and the plants are so unique! I have never seen any of it except for one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially liked the Warren Buffett line about sitting in the shade because someone planted a tree long ago.
    Your park photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the one about small things done with love. It can make such a difference to the person receiving it!
    What a pretty park!
    Yes, still the Reader issues. I've also had troubles this week with not being able to sign into Google to comment. It seems to happen occasionally and then is fine for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The park is beautiful and you captured it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago-Warren Buffett, amen to this. As I approach 80, I still plant trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Linda! I hope you have had a wonderful day! Love all the quotes today! Thank you for sharing. I love a stone path. We have one we are working on in our backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yellow Submarine. I have a lot of fond memories of that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a cat lover I really enjoyed this post!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Linda,

    I read the quote: "Many adults are still trying to earn the love they never received as kids. If you're one of them, I hope you know it wasn't your fault and you deserved so much more." And yes, that is often part of the depressions we struggle with.

    Thank you for your explanation about your depression. Indeed, I didn't know, but neither did you, that I struggle with bouts of depression. I appreciate your honesty and openness about this as well. Thank you.

    Also for your visits to my blog. We live very far apart, but still, everyone's visits, also your's to my site are valuable. Thank you for beeing there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear linda. afternoon greetings from kuala lumpur. today is the final week of semester for my university, which means all lecturers must finish classes/syllabus for this semester (for undergraduate students). I have online class tonite but for my masters students. for today, i choose this quote: Positive thoughts, words and actions create positive feelings. Positive feelings generate positive energy.! take care dear linda! sending warm regards from afar

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Positive thoughts, words and actions create positive feelings. Positive feelings generate positive energy." - Testify ! 😀
    The pictures you took are pretty and interesting, pretty interesting 🎀

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perkongsian yang santai dan menenangkan untuk dibaca. Kadang-kadang tulisan seperti ini memang sesuai untuk rehat sekejap dari kesibukan harian dan menikmati momen tenang sambil membaca cerita ringan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I hope I get there.... For now I pause.
    Beautiful garden and weeee... I´d run from the Navy-scene!
    Sweet swan. Submarine... not such good memories ;-)
    Have a great start to the week, dear friend Linda, much love and hugs are on the way for that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The park is beautiful, and your photos of it are lovely.
    Your post is beautifully put together once again—thank you!
    good week, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great quotes !
    Have a lovely week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  18. You found some interesting things in that park. I like the stone walkway

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always, your post has managed to brighten my day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello, Linda
    Your park photos are pretty, nice spot for your walk.
    I enjoyed all the inspiring quotes and cute images.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I could adapt better than i usually do! I hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. "To the world, you were just a cat. To me, you were everything." That one hit so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice start to the week. Your photos look good.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bonjour Linda,
    J'espère que tu vas bien.
    Merci pour toutes ces photos, images et textes, j'adore.
    Je te souhaite une très bonne semaine,
    bises

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those videos .. the stroller cat! LOLOL. Just like the one that adopted me!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful quotes! I love that cat video too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the variety of plants in the park, Linda! Beautiful. I'm having the same problem with the reading list...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning, Linda! You find such interesting memes and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You had some words today which I could benefit from. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Tiny Budda's quote is about me.
    P.S. Today the post showed up on time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved your photos at the park, Linda, and all the inspiration you've shared here. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Dear Linda, thank you for the 5 photos taken by your cell phone. Springtime in Montreal is wonderful as can be seen by the flowers and plants in your photos. They are beautiful 🌹🌺
    Have a good week ahead 💕

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Linda, just want you to know that the issues don't affect me because I always visit your blog directly without depending on anything. I hope you are not too worried about the issues. 🫂

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the photos you took at the park. Interesting quotes you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a lovely post! I always enjoy stopping by your blog because it brings a sense of warmth, positivity, and reflection. Thank you for sharing these thoughtful moments and brightening my day.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would say "music, cats and books." Walking too is a positive force in my life. Not all is positive and we have to deal with a lot of negatives but having a resilience of spirit and hope are critical to how we weather those tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Dale Carnegie was a very wise man. I've read some of his stuff. And Albert Schweitzer, so very true. One of my favourite quotes :-D Good photos, I like the mushroom like thing and cannot go wrong with The Beatles :-D

    ReplyDelete
  38. That stone walkway is beautiful!! Thanks, always, for your lovely photos and for the sweet and very wise memes. I love the cats, especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Those are so good and Albert Schweitzer is totally correct!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The walkway is so pretty. I'd sure like to walk there. :) Thanks for the words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  41. The pictures you took in the park are so nice! What a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The flowers don't need a name to be beautiful, dear Linda.
    No pants -> very nice! :-)
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  43. We all need words that make us stop and think, and each of us can find the meaning that speaks most deeply to our own lives.The quote that stayed with me was this.

    "It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about."

    Perhaps it can help us envy a little less and place a little more faith in what we are building in our own lives.Thank you for sharing these thoughtful words with us.

    ReplyDelete
  44. It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

    I think your parks are beautiful there in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete
  45. How lovely to walk in the park enjoying the summer sunshine and flowers. I particularly love those two 'trees' fashioned by twigs; so artistic. Have a lovely week, Linda. Thank you for all the sweet inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Muito bom, linda! Passar aqui é sempre uma boa maneira de começar a semana! Meu abraço, boa semana.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Yes, cats and music are the perfect refuge!

    ReplyDelete
  48. It can be a bit frustrating when blog issues happen. It's a great time of the year to enjoy a nice walk in the park. Lots of good photos Linda. Enjoy the rest of your week...

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thank you, Linda. Several of these quotes made me stop and think, especially the one about adapting to change and the one about reading nature. Sometimes simple words contain great truths. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Linda! I love, love, love this one today…”To the world, you were just a cat. To me, you were everything”. That is so true about my big kitty in particular. I loved him so, so much. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very good quotes. I like the inside job. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I don't know what kinds they are either. Very pretty though. Love that last one as well. They have their own personalities. How fun is that?

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a lovely park!

    Thank you for the visit and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  54. How lucky you are to have that pretty park near you!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the quotes and my favourite today is "I'm better than I used to be. Better than I was yesterday. But hopefully not as good as I'll be tomorrow." We always have something to learn everyday So one step at the time. And Montreal park is beautiful I especially love that last photo

    ReplyDelete
  56. Those gardens photos are lovely. It does look like an amazing park. And reading those memes always makes me feel good. If only the world could think that way. Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I am still having troubles too, I have to go back farther to make sure I didn't miss anyone. I no longer get email updates on what people have commented on my blog like I use to either, hope they can get this all fixed.
    I like the one that says to the world you were just a cat to me you were everything. that is so true!
    Pretty park, I don't no the names of flowers and plants either, I really love that path leading up to that arch like thing, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Each one of the quotes touched me. Thank you so much for finding them and sharing them with all of us.
    Beautiful park.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  59. That must be a nice park to go walking in. I always get a chuckle from the gags that you post. I liked the sailors today lol.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Quotes are nice Linda. The swan video - how sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your post truly brightened my day. Your Montreal park photos are beautiful! Don't worry about the Blogger issues, we are always here for you. Sending a huge hug and see you on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  62. The plant with shades of red and green is a bromeliad from the genus Neoregelia.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hola, Linda.
    Me gustan las citas que nos dejas. También las fotografías.
    Espero que pases un buen día.
    Te invito también a pasear por mi espacio.
    Un beso grande

    ReplyDelete
  64. You seem to find the right words and quotes to help me where I am at on that week or day. Today was a good day to read these. I even "pinned" one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Una buena lista de grandes frases nos vuelves a dejar de nuevo.
    Las fotos del parque nos muestra son preciosas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  66. The stone walkway is beautiful. I would like to explore that park. Nice post, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Che belle le immagini del parco. Io ho una passione per i sentieri di pietra in mezzo alle conifere!

    Un caro saluto.

    ReplyDelete
  68. I think I shall focus on reframing all negativity this year!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi Linda,
    My computer was down. I am back up and running.
    I love seeing all the plants and flowers.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  70. The most beautiful eyes are those who see everything with love and compassion. - Nur Blessing...this is my favorite today. Thanks Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh my. The 'To the world you were just a cat' is so moving and I can so relax.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I quite agree with that, a little dog wouldn't hurt either. Hans

    ReplyDelete
  73. Lovely. I enjoyed them all, but especially Happiness is an inside job". That really made me smile. Gorgeous flowers in the park. Thanks for your kinds words on my blog post, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love the one about the shade tree being planted. Always great quotes, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Hello Linda
    Once again a great post.
    I always enjoy seeing the photographs you include, the stone walkway is my favourite.
    I was out earlier today and managed to escape the rain showers many are experiencing here in the UK.
    Happy midweek wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  76. I'm blessed to have been showered with love all my life. I want to stroll that park with you! My husband teases that my 'super power' is flower identification. LOL And on that note, the first is wax begonia, #2 shows hostas (left) and ferns. I'm not sure bout the red leafy one, but it reminds me of some type of succulent. ??? Lastly, I see coral bells (heuchera) on the outer rim around those cool natural sculptures.

    To be fair, I worked several years at a garden center during my high school days. And nowadays I visit garden centers regularly. Heh...

    Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  77. dear linda. morning greetings from kuala lumpur. today is hot and sunny day (as most of the days here). I don't have undergraduate class today but i have masters class tonite(online class). For today's quote, my pick is this one: The most beautiful eyes are those who see everything with love and compassion... may our life be filled with love always! take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  78. Kiitos Linda kauniista ajatuksista ja sanoista.
    Sinulle toivotan rakkaudentäyteistä päivää!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Milá Lindo, dnes reaguji na to, jak několikrát uvádíš, že jsou potíže s aktualizací článků na Blogeru, já to mám na mém blogu také. Co s tím?

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thank you for another uplifting collection of quotes. I especially liked the one by Rachel Carson about turning again to the earth and the one reminding us that happiness is an inside job. Both really resonated with me today.

    Your photos from the Montreal park are beautiful. Sometimes not knowing the names of the flowers doesn't matter at all; their beauty speaks for itself. I particularly enjoyed the stone walkway photo. It looks like such a peaceful place for a stroll and a moment of reflection.

    The cat quotes and videos were a lovely addition too. Cats certainly have a way of bringing comfort and joy into our lives.

    I hope the Blogger reader issues get sorted out soon. Thank you for continuing to share these positive and encouraging posts despite the frustrations. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  81. I must say, you know the wisest, cutest cats.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  82. Music and cats explains my current situation perfectly right now! My girls sing and my daughter just got a kitten. So my phone is full of cat and singing texts!! Haha!! Also, so sorry if my comments are late. I had to search for you, your posts are still not in my feed. I think I'm going to remove you and add you again? Maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Que parque lindo! E obrigada por compartilhar suas inspirações.
    Que Deus te abençoe, tenha uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
  84. O Canadá já está em clima de Copa do Mundo.

    Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

    Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Hi Linda. I hope you are keeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Sempre interessanti i tuoi post e spesso mi fanno anche un sorridere
    Un caro saluto e un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  87. Olá, querida Linda,
    adorei as citações, você sempre traz maravilhas!
    Adorei também os vídeos, os animais me emocionam, o ser humano é que não trata muito bem deles.
    O vídeo "Estranho na Costa - guitarra steel" é maravilhoso!!!
    Eu não conhecia.
    Muito obrigada, querida amiga pelas postagens sempre belas,
    escolhidas com muito carinho.
    Deixo um beijinho e felizes dias pela frente, com muita paz.
    💚🌹💜🙋‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  88. Oh that Tiny Buddha one makes me sad.. every child should feel loved.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Beautiful photos of the Montreal park and wonderful memes as always! Counting down the days until Sunday for your next update. Have a wonderful and blessed week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  90. You have so many really great quotes in this post, and I love the pictures you took at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Loved the story about the cat who wants stroller rides. :D

    ReplyDelete
  92. I really like how you paired this thoughtful collection of quotes with your peaceful park photos because the mix of gentle encouragement, honest reflection, and calming nature images creates a comforting space that feels grounding and reminds me to pause, breathe, and carry a little more kindness and perspective into the day.

    ReplyDelete
  93. a lovely selection of wisdom that encourages reflection on how we think, feel and live...
    truly uplifting...

    ReplyDelete
  94. No puedo elegir una de tus citas, por que me gustan todas. Me encantaron la fotos del parque. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  95. It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin. Yes, and change is inevitable, isn't it? Thanks again for all of your hard work in finding these quotes, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  96. You take some wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Age is Just a Number

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...