Wednesday, June 10, 2026

Make Every Day Count

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. 

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!


A compassionate mind creates healing. A mindful heart creates understanding. A peaceful individual can help transform families, communities and even nations. - Venerable Bhikku Pannakara

                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


For fast acting relief, try slowing down. - Lily Tomlin

                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom. - General George S. Patton

                            Reader's Digest


I always wanted to be somebody but now I realize I should have been more specific. - Lily Tomlin  :)

                   The Healthy, Reader's Digest


You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky

                              Reader's Digest


Feel it so you can heal it.

                                 Natural Life


Stay close to people who feel like sunshine.

                                  Natural Life


Hurt is not the same as hopeless. No amount of sadness or sickness can swallow the light inside of us.

                             The Latest Kate


You owe yourself one hour a day of self-maintenance. It can include reading, writing, yoga, exercise, dancing, meditation, painting or whatever, but you owe it to yourself. One hour, 1/24 of your day. That is less than 5%. It matters, it really does. Make it count. - Sarah Brassard

                               Tiny Buddha


We must never stop believing that beautiful things can happen even in times of chaos.

                                Tiny Buddha


Let your faith be taller than your fears.

                                     Alamy


Animals are great friends, they don't ask questions or judge you.
                            Daily Easy Quotes


Just a reminder that not every day has to count. Some days are just about making it to the next one. That counts too. - Nifemi
                               Tiny Buddha


Maybe this day is not one of your favorites. But never forget that every day you wake up is an amazing gift and it's up to you to make it count.
                          Our Mindful Life


How you look at it is pretty much how you'll see it.
        Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


Don't count the days; make the days count. - Muhammad Ali
                               Csuite Mind


Mindset is everything.
                                Natural Life


You have exactly one life to do everything you'll ever do. Act accordingly. - Caitlin Wright
                                Natural Life


The following photos are my own, which I took in a Montreal park. These are a continuation from the series of photos I shared in my last post. I don't know what the plants, flowers or trees or called, I just found the sight beautiful and wanted to take these photos. You can click on any image to see a larger view.





The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)

Animals start "singing" back when this singer performs (The Koala)

Regina husky goes viral after she takes herself to doggy daycare :) (a Canadian story, CBC News Saskatchewan)

Reflections of my life - Marmalade

Baby elephant walk - Henry Mancini (1964)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

121 comments:

  1. It can be so hard to look for beautiful things in a world full of chaos, but they don't have to be big ones. Sometimes just a smile can really make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like the lily Tomlin quote. lol
    And that last quote, about having just one life to do everything we want to. Makes a person think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Linda, I guess you must have eaten supper by now. I just woke up and directly go read your new post because I know you will put it up on Wednesday.
    Thank you for your 5 photos. You frame the scene every well as you have an artist eye for beautiful pictures. I like looking at your photos. You made the park look so green and refreshingly inviting.i hope to visit Montreal parks one day
    Have a good night sleep 💤😴

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Linda, forgot to say that I love the green colour in your 5th photo. I will try to use AI to find out what plant that is. Good night to you 💤😴 and good morning 🌞 to me ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyday is precious even the bad days. Linda, I love the photos that you took of the trees and lovely plants. My favorite theme (besides cats) is plants and greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muy cierto, Lindas imagenes. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, wonderful words of wisdom, fun videos, and lovely photos by you!! Looking forward to Sunday!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are so lovely. Love each day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..."Stay close to people who feel like sunshine," now this is fabulous advice! I hope that you feel the sunbshine every day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this lovely reminder, especially the part about owing ourselves one hour a day for self-maintenance. It’s so easy to forget to slow down in the middle of a busy life. Your post is a gentle hug we all need..

    ReplyDelete
  11. morning dear linda! i will be away for few days from tomorrow, as I will be flying back home to visit my mom (one hour flight trip). for today, i choose this quote: We must never stop believing that beautiful things can happen even in times of chaos... take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We should all live everyday as if it was our last, full of love and happiness. That's a beautiful park, your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for another collection of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray! You showed up in my feed! I love that Wayne Gretzky quote. I repeat it often. It's the perfect sentiment for so many different situations and always, always true!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lily Tomlin is always funny!
    I like the Ali quote about making the days count.
    Your photos are so pretty! I love hosta and always like seeing pics of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your inspiration here, Linda, reminds me that my faith should always be higher than my fears. God loves us all and we are His children. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pictures you took; like an art exhibition ☘️ Very nice.
    Self-maintenance; good idea.
    And the title of the post is great; Make every day count.
    I usually say to myself "this was a good day because . . . " and I mention things that made it great. That makes me feel good and accomplished.
    Have a pleasant day 💕

    ReplyDelete
  18. The quotes about slowing down and giving ourselves one hour a day really spoke to me-- such simple advice but so easy to forget.
    Love your photos of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how I would react with the frozen people, funny and a little scary too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great collection, so uplifting.
    Many greetings

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another collection of great quotes, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Let your faith be taller than your fears." I was especially touched by the graphics of that one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The quotes are wonderful, Linda. I like the photos from the park too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom" That's a great one! The park looks gorgeous, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not every day has to count, but every day is meaningful in small (and sometimes big) ways. In my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The quotes encourage me to think in the right direction and make it... thank you so much, dear Linda!
    The park is beautiful with the planted roots in it.
    Happy day, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  27. Many thoughtful quotes here Linda. "Success is how high..." a great one !!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are beautiful quotes again, and beautiful photos too.
    This one is beautiful: Don't count the days, but make every day count.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning Linda, I think the quote "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky" is really great. 100% true.

    Your photos of the park are beautiful. See you Sunday. Until then I hope you have some great days.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice memes and your photos are lovely, always like to see some of the things you see, Linda. Time stood still in the first video..lol
    The Baby Elephant Walk, knew that one, catchy tune..

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Linda from Greece! I keep coming back to your blog for inspiration and to see all the beautiful things you post.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The day-quote is my fav, dear friend Linda. Some really just help you make it to the next...
    And Muhammad Ali was a great man. But then... boxing is like chess in fast. These men think. Just look at the Klitschko-Brothers.
    Beautiful photos.
    That time freeze-prank is absolutely hilarious!
    Ohhh, and the animals! And songs, beautiful. Warm hugs and much love on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is such a lovely park, I imagine the nature in your park is beautiful because of the climate and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Linda,
    Beautiful plants and flowers! I love all the quotes and inspiring words.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sempre muito lindas as imagensm fotos, vídeos e belas reflexões! beijos, tudo de bom,chica

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stay close to people who feel like sunshine is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello ! I SO enjoyed your blog today ! 💐x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Linda,
    you really must have a huge archive with all these beautiful quotes and pictures :-)
    Your own photos are also very beautifully taken, with gorgeous colors of the plant leaves. It is always a moment to relax with you.

    Regards, .

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great photos Linda. Love the quote about animals, they really are the best friends to have and don't judge. Humans need to learn from animals! Oh love Marmalade, they are from Scotland! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely quotes, photos and videos! So positive, you are good for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Those quote made my morning. It's good to start a day with positivity. I hope your Thursday has. Thanks for making mine start that way.

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have done it again great post and videos. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Music and animals ..... so true. People laugh when I tell them we sang to the cattle to settle them down. It works!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lately I have been spending more time appreciating what I have while I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love them all but that last photo is the kind I enjoy taking as well. Something about the movement in the stillness of leaves that makes my heart smile.

    Answering your comment on my blog: I've had that or similar happen to me. There's one blog in particular that I follow. For whatever reason, the screen alunost always jumps and deletes my comment.

    Very odd, that.

    I've also heard from others that Canada doesn't have an ALDI. You know what's funny? Quite a number of things I get from ALDI are from Canada. Do you have any discount Stores similar to Aldi?

    Wishing you a great day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I like this:
    "Stay close to people who feel like sunshine."
    Those kinds of people are not so easy to find.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  47. It is a very good piece of advice. I am trying to live by it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Las frases son todas geniales, pero me quedare con esa de dedicarnos a uno mismo una hora al día.
    Las fotos del parque muy bonitas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Once again, I like your pics, particularly the third one with he red leaves. Of course I am a sucker for red.

    ReplyDelete
  50. So true we can't take advantage to each day given us, we are so blessed to have it and need to do our best to enjoy and be thankful :)
    I love pictures of old trees and roots from trees, I find I am always taking pictures of them when I see them!
    Hope you are doing well and getting answers you need on your health!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Such a lovely post! I always enjoy the positive and thoughtful atmosphere you create. It’s a wonderful reminder to slow down, appreciate the present moment, and find joy in the simple things that brighten our days.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  52. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky... Now I completely agree with Wayne.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Velmi zajímavé citáty, díky za ně! Ta květina s barevnými červenými listy pod stromem je bromélie.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Such wise words with those fun images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Para um alívio rápido da dor eu diminuí o ritmo nas última duas semana e estou retornando aos poucos...
    É maravilhoso estar aqui lendo tantas coisas lindas e fotografias de tirar o fôlego!!
    Obrigada Linda!!
    Beijos!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Lovely quotes and photos Lida. Thanks 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  57. Boa tarde minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigada pela visita e pelo comentário sobre o grande ator brasileiro Grande Otelo. Minha reflexão preferida é "Que a sua fé, seja maior que os seus medos". Uma excelente tarde de quinta-feira para você e seus familiares em Montreal e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  58. So nice in the park, Linda!
    Scary gag, but I loved it!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  59. You have to love Lily Tomlin!!! Your photos are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  60. One hour a day of self-maintenance is really a great idea and a good reminder!! Gives us a chance to slow down.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hello Linda
    It's Thursday as I type this and I hope you are having a happy and peaceful day.
    Thank you for another excellent collection on your post, lots to read, see and enjoy.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  62. It looks like you found lots to photograph in that park.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Beautiful photos in the park.
    There is always something to be thankful for every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. 'I always wanted to be somebody but now I realize I should have been more specific. - Lily Tomlin :)' Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Again, beautiful photos! I'm starting think those reddish long leafed plants are bromeliads, especially how they're rooted on branches. But they're strictly a tropical plant grown outside. Hmmm...

    Perhaps they are moved into a greenhouse when it gets too cold. It looks easy enough to accomplish if those wood pieces are loose as they appear.

    Thanks for sharing these great quotes and giving me something fun to ponder. I even learned from a quick search this evening that pineapples are in the bromeliad family. :) Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  66. We are given each day as a gift, and even if the day is not what we would like it to be, we are grateful for each and every one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  67. All good thoughts. I've still got a very thick book filled with the best Reader's Digest factual stories that I bought in a book sale many years ago. Some great stuff in it as it spans ten years or more and I dip into it every once in a while if I'm short on new books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  68. As always, I enjoyed all the memes, especially the cat ones. However, I do think that cats judge you...they can really give you the "look" if you don't feed them on time or do what they expect you to do, or if you take their special chair or put something in their "spot". I've discovered that with this cat we have! He knows how to give us "the look" of disdain, and he turns his back on us if he isn't happy. LOL. So I have to disagree with that one meme, just from my own experience! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oi, Linda! Vendo e lendo as lindas mensagens que você posta, destaco o fato de que os animais realmente são melhores companhias que os humanos. As tuas fotos trazem um pedacinho do Canadá a cada post! Beijos nas bochechas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Some lovely quotes, Linda. I especially liked the fact that you included a quote from Bhikku Pannakara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  71. Those plants are really beautiful. That green one might be a hosta. Or not!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Was für schöne Beiträge. Ich mag die positive Ausstrahlung sehr.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Linda - adored the Baby Elephant Walk - I have not heard that in years and it brought back so many good memories. As always your posts continue to be so uplifting. Take care and have a delightful weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I agree that animals make ideal companions. But I have gotten a few judgmental looks from cats! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  75. Hello,
    I love the different greens in the hosta. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hello Linda,
    Nice post with cats. And what a special shot is picture 20.
    Nice movies.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  77. The photos of the park are lovely. Love all the cats and the videos. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Another inspiring post, Linda! thank you for the reminder that I owe myself one hour a day of self-maintenance. I'm not very good at that. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  79. The pictures you took in the park are so pretty. My favorite is the middle one of the plant with red leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love to visit you.

    Thanks a lot for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Grata por tão belas citações, que nos vêm confortar.
    Bom fim-de-semana!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed reading all the quotes and your pictures of the park are beautiful! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thank you so much for sharing, Linda. I love reading your posts as they are always encouraging.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  84. Ahh, another delightful collection. Our favorite is the beautiful things/chaos one.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I really like how you gathered such an uplifting mix of quotes and paired them with your peaceful park photos because the combination of thoughtful reflections, gentle encouragement, and calming nature images creates a soothing space that feels grounding and reminds me to slow down and appreciate the small moments that make each day meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  86. beautiful entry, very colorful and so nice

    ReplyDelete
  87. All the Best for you. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  88. Oh, but I do think animals judge us. But their asks are simple and their trust is one of the highest compliments one can earn in this life.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I don't bounce much when I hit the ground these days, I just kind of form around whatever I hit. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  90. I can tell you're an animal lover. Best regards... Pola

    ReplyDelete
  91. Such a lot of interesting things in your post:)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Thank you for always spreading encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  93. "How you look at it is how you'll see it." Now that is deep and made me think. That's very true. Thank you for these. The picture you took at so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Hebatnya setiap gambar berbicara dan menasihati semua yang datang terjah blong menarik ini..Salam dari Blog Etuza

    ReplyDelete
  95. That third plants down with the different colors on the leaves is so pretty.

    For fast acting relief, try slowing down. - Lily Tomlin

    ReplyDelete
  96. Hello Linda!!! I love a lot of the quotes you shared today. One really touched me and reminded of something about hurt and hope. Thank you!
    I love the park pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. I like best the photos you took yourself and the one "for fast acting relief, slow down"

    ReplyDelete
  98. it’s a good reminder to slow down and appreciate both the quiet days and the challenging ones...

    ReplyDelete
  99. Good morning, Linda. Just stopping by before your new post goes up to wish you a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Life is so short! We try to do something and appreciate each day. These are some great reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Wonderful quotes, and Ingrid is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Moin Dear Linda,
    Du hast schöne, ermutigende Sprüche heraus gesucht und gleich der erste spricht mich an... Deine Blumenfotos sind sehr schön und ich erkenne die grünlaubige Hosta/Funkie. Wir haben sie im Garten, aber sie ist die Hauptmahlzeit der spanischen Wegschnecke, die einst den Weg nach Deutschland fand.
    Danke für Deinen Kommentar in meinem Blog und Dein Mitgefühl: Ja, mir geht es gut, bin zur Zeit nur etwas müde vom stetigen Wetterumschwung. Der Juni ist alles andere als ein Sommermonat...
    So ruhe ich mich aus und genieße...
    Alles Liebe für Dich und sei herzlich gegrüßt von Traudi.🍀

    ReplyDelete
  103. Thank you for all these thoughtful quotes, Linda. They are a real blessing. I liked the photos in the park, especially the three that showed the same scene but closer up each time. Great shots.
    Loved the video with the man singing and playing for the animals. It melted my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  104. A wonderful dose of good energy. Inspiring quotes and lovely videos. Your photos from Montreal have an amazing atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Boa tarde minha querida amiga Linda. Espero que esteja tudo bem com você e seus familiares em Montreal. Uma excelente tarde de domingo, bom início de semana e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Thank you for pulling together such a beautiful collection of reminders, especially that Lily Tomlin line about slowing down for fast relief, which always brings a smile. Sarah Brassard’s breakdown of dedicating just one hour a day to self-maintenance is a fantastic perspective on how achievable it is to prioritize our own well-being. Those gorgeous photos from the Montreal park really capture that sense of peace, proving you don't need to know the names of the plants to appreciate the pure beauty of nature. The viral video about the husky taking herself to doggy daycare was the absolute perfect way to wrap up the post and add some extra joy to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Thank you for visiting my little blog. I hate that I didn't reply sooner. I have to tell you that I've never really told anyone about my little blog and didn't even think to notice if there were any comments! I guess I didn't imagine anyone would find it! I just like recording the lovely things that happen around our place.
    I think we could be good friends... cats... quotes... calmness... all good things!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Love the photos you took at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Lovely clear photos from the park!

    ReplyDelete
  110. I always wanted to be somebody but now I realize I should have been more specific. - Lily Tomlin :) Now, this one made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  111. I wish i had an hour a day although I can usually squeeze 4 out on a sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Chill Out

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...