Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!
To understand a cat is to tap into the wild joy of living. - Unknown
Bear Den SanctuaryEvery time you thought life would defeat you, you were wrong.
The Latest KateIt requires no time to experience peace and love, just your willingness to let go.
Sketches in StillnessYou have to look for the good in the bad, the happy in your sad, the gain in your pain and what makes you grateful, not hateful.
Karen SalmansohnRemember...your bedroom is an externalization of your mind. Clean it today and observe what happens. The pursuit and accomplishment of cleaning it will increase your dopamine levels and clear your mind. - T.J. Power
Tiny BuddhaThe end of the war with the mind is the end of war. - Byron Katie
Peaceful SoulFear is the biggest disability of all. And will paralyze you more than you being in a wheelchair.
Nick Vujicic, Australian Motivational Speaker and AuthorThere is no easy way to victory. The highest values in life must be fought for and won. - Duncan Campbell
Christian QuotesBe happy not because everything is good, but because you can see the good side of everything.
Natural LifeSunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.
Natural LifeNo matter how unsure you feel, every step forward matters.
The Latest KateWanting to be free, wanting to be me. Trying to make people see and accept the real me. - Scott Lentine
Reader's DigestThe greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it. - Robert Swan
Little Yellow StarI gave you my house when you were alone. When I walk through the door it now feels like a home. Tail wagging and waiting our bond quickly grew. Such unconditional love. Who rescued who?
Asha the RescueIf you're thinking of fostering, just do it! At least try it once, you'll be hooked. It's well worth the hard part of letting go when you see how happy their new adopter is to get to take them home. It expands your heart and teaches you so much about love and life. - Twilah O.
Animal Friends AllianceSave a life. Adopt.
Madera CountyKindness has a way of reaching down into a weary soul and making it shine like the sun.
Big Cat RescueA pet could help the addict in your life.
Drug Rehab




















Always fun, always beautiful, and always just what most of us need!! You know I love all the cats!! xo
ReplyDeleteYou find lovely things on your walks.
ReplyDeleteRescuing the shark seems to be a very brave thing to do.
ReplyDeleteSo many good quotes. I really like the one by Karen Salmansohn about looking for the the good in the bad and the happy in the sad.
ReplyDeleteThe tree you took a picture of is really pretty.
Google is quick today, your post is already showing up!
ReplyDeleteNick Vujicic is really an amazing guy. I've listened to his talks before and he's inspiring.
I love the tree in the photo!
Such uplifting words, Linda! That tree is very unique, a yellow flower at the center surrounded by spiky leaves. The leaves remind me of the Casuarina tree. Oh, the French word for depression is the same as in English. Well, I learnt a little bit of French today!
ReplyDeleteSo many good ones! I love that cute police cat!
ReplyDelete...our daughter has a friend much like Nick Vujicic and he is an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteAbout tidying the bedroom. I don’t have one, or not one that I use. I have a den and a chair. And it could be tidier. 🤪
ReplyDeleteAme la imagen del perrito. Lindas reflexiones. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteLove, just love, that Carpenters song.
ReplyDeleteThe meme about fostering is SO true!
ReplyDeleteThat Belleville Police Department kitty had me from the word go, Linda! Oh, how cats and dogs enrich our lives and make us more human. Have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteDear Linda, thank you for the 3 photos. The flowers on the trees look lovely. The trees look like some sort of fir trees from the leaves. We don't have fir trees here so I can only guess. That is a good awareness poster. The common way that doctors gave treatments are through therapy and medications but many people due to the stigma won't consult a doctor. Have a good day ❤️
ReplyDeleteI've heard that motivational speaker Nick Vujicic speak and he really is amazing.
ReplyDeleteThe grocery thief video is hilarious.
my favorite was the one from karen salmansohn about looking for the the good in the bad and the happy in the sad. lovely image of the tree!!
ReplyDeletenick vujicic, very inspiring!!
I don't see the good side of everything (especially the extremely negative) but I do see the growth side of it--and the potential to learn from the not-so-good. For me, it's a tough balance between knowing when to hang on and when to let go.
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely selection of quotes, Linda. You always brighten my day. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the wonderful qoutes, Linda! You do a great job to inspire many people. I like Karen Salmansohn very much. Beautiful photos too!
ReplyDeleteafternoon greetings from kuala lumpur. i have 3 meetings, back-to-back today. I choose this quote: You have to look for the good in the bad, the happy in your sad, the gain in your pain and what makes you grateful, not hateful.! the tree pics that u share are cute and unique especially with the flowers!
ReplyDeleteThe tree photos look like a pine tree.
ReplyDeleteIt's true that ther are no short cuts to victory.
Have a nice weekend!
Cats are lovely!
ReplyDeleteBest regards :)
Memes are good as always, Linda.
ReplyDeleteGosh don't people get crabby when someone takes an item out of their shopping trolly, that did so make me laugh. Your photos are nice too.
A fantastic and inspiring poster! I love the fir trees with their blossoms, your wonderful quotes, and especially the encouraging figure without arms or legs! The videos are great, too.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time, hugs Elke
Such a treat getting these quotes and pictures twice a week 💚
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda ☘️
I think we could all do with a bit more wisdom these days - maybe we should put the cats in charge!
ReplyDeleteCheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
Hi Linda! Understanding a cat also means accepting their fiercely independent nature. They seem to forget, and from one moment to the next, you have to rebuild the relationship.
ReplyDeleteHappy Thursday! 😘
My three little kittens are currently in that phase when they are having daily zoomies around the yard LOL
ReplyDeleteGood morning Linda, it was a pleasure to read your blog today. I really liked the quote from Karen Salmansohn. As for the bedroom, it should be the safest room in the house, a place where you feel comfortable and secure. I like your photo's. We don't have trees like that overhere.
ReplyDeleteI hope the rest of your week will be good and peaceful.
Lovely quotes and images Linda! I love the one with the rescue dogs and cats. Your tree photos are pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteVery nice medley, thank you. :)
ReplyDeleteThese are great. Several of them really spoke to me today
ReplyDeleteMy cats are not in the least bit wild rather, they are definitely addicted to luxury...so like them I love warm fluffy soft sunny places. 🐈⬛🐈
ReplyDelete"No matter how unsure you feel, every step forward matters." Even if they are baby steps sometimes ...
ReplyDeleteMilá Lindo, ten jehličnatý strom je Borovice limba (Pinus cembra), roste v evropských zemích. Jen to jehličí bývá bohatší ☺.
ReplyDeleteRakouští lékaři používali extrakty z jehličí borovice limba a z jejích mladých výhonků proti křečím a ke snížení krevního tlaku. Dnes odborníci doporučují borovicový nábytek pro kvalitní spánek. Éterické oleje z borovice působí antibakteriálně a odpuzují hmyz, jako jsou moli. Ve formě pokojové vůně nebo koncentrátu do sauny rozvíjí příjemně relaxační aroma, v pleťových krémech nebo gelech na holení má zklidňující účinky na pokožku a pomáhá předcházet podráždění nebo zarudnutí pleti. A jako masážní balzám působí blahodárně na celé tělo, uvolňuje svalové napětí, ulevuje kloubům a ideálně se hodí po sportu.
New Police cat is cool :-) She has everyone's attention.
ReplyDeleteComo nos dices en una de estas magnificas frases "ser feliz no es tener cosas buenas si no ver el lado positivo de la vida". Las que también me impactaron fueron las que hacen referencia a la adopción de animales.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
Hi, Linda!
ReplyDelete"The wild joy of living" is a concept that appeals to me. I think cats are on to something. :) We all carry baggage. Learning to let go of it is essential to progress moving forward. How true. Your (messy) bedroom and a cluttered house in general are an externalization of your mind. Clean it and experience peace, joy and a feeling of being centered and focused. I agree that fear is the biggest disability of all. i am reminded of a metaphorical story told in the human potential seminars I attended. It is about an abused circus elephant. Year after year, its leg was cruelly chained to a stake, prohibiting it from moving or leaving the tent. One day, the elephant was set free, its shackles removed. Yet, the victimized pachyderm remained standing in the same spot, psychologically stuck in place, not believing it could move in any chosen direction. I also agree that "every step forward matters." Find a way to measure progress and make a little every day. Your enthusiasm and momentum will steadily grow. Ditto with the assertion that the greatest threat to our planet is that someone else will save it. Each of us needs to take responsibility for what happens from this critical moment on. Half measures won't do. Massive action is required. "Why not you? Why not now?" as we always ask in the seminar program. I love the pictures you took on one of your walks around Montreal. That tree is exploding with life and color. Yours is indeed a beautiful city, and i applaud the decision to display that poster and subtly increase mental health awareness among its citizenry.. That "Just For Laughs" prank was one of the boldest I've ever witnessed. The villainous woman in the scenario is lucky she didn't get punched for snatching items from other shoppers' carts. You can tell that most of the victims felt violated by her rude and brazen behavior. That's a charming story about the stray cat joining a Wisconsin police department and giving a psychological boost to cops, staff members and visitors. Seems few people would take the time and risk their physical wellbeing to save the life of a shark. Thanks for sharing the video of how those caring souls did just that. I am surprised and delighted that you posted the Four Tops song "I'll Turn To Stone." It was a major jukebox hit at my old hangout the Shady Dell. I can still picture the Dell teens dancing to it in pairs and in line formation. Karen Carpenter had a pure and beautiful voice. Thank you for offering food for thought and inspiration plus bonus musical treats, dear friend Linda. I'll be back this Saturday with a new post at Shady's Place and hope you can stop in. Enjoy the rest of your week and weekend!
I like that tree.
ReplyDeleteLinda maravilhosa as frases, são frases que fazem a gente refletir, desejo uma ótima quinta-feira bjs.
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda for all your kind words. It helps when I'm alone.
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy your post. Have a blessed and wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteOur rescue dog was like that too. Oh my the shark video - good job to those who saved it.
ReplyDeleteAgain there are words here I can think about.
ReplyDeleteThanks for another day-brightening post!
ReplyDeleteWow Linda - seeing that shark getting saved was so moving. Adore seeing the new addition to the police dept. in Wisconsin. Who can ever forget those Carpenters. They were certainly a favorite of mine when I was a teenager. Really takes me back to those "good old days". Have a delightful day - Hugs!
ReplyDeleteVery specials tree, Linda!
ReplyDeleteCan happen (the gag)! ;-)
Lie'(f)s.
We are in the middle of June, Linda. Summer is going up and our dreams with it. I hope to be well and healthy. Kisses.
ReplyDeleteSuch a thoughtful and uplifting post. I always enjoy the positive energy you share and the gentle reminders to appreciate life’s simple blessings. Reading your reflections is a lovely way to slow down and start the day with a grateful heart.
ReplyDeleteKisses
I love that police cat!
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful knack for making people happy. Thanks Linda.
ReplyDeleteOlá querida! Adorei as frases, muito inspiradoras. Gostei das fotos também. Tenha uma ótima semana! Deus te abençoe
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing such a lovely blog post with us, Linda. I hope you’re having a great week!
ReplyDeleteBelinda
Moin Dear Linda,
ReplyDeleteschöne Sprüche hast Du ausgesucht und diesen Spruch nehme ich mit: "Freundlichkeit hat die Kraft, eine müde Seele zu erreichen und sie wie die Sonne erstrahlen zu lassen." Danke dafür. Die Videos sind toll und auch der große Baum, der faszinierende Blüten mit gelbem Innenleben hat. So schön, die Carpenters zu hören, ich liebe ihre Stimmen und sie werden oft im deutschen Radio gespielt.
Alles Gute für Dich und sei herzlich gegrüßt von Traudi aus dem Drosselgarten.
I've always wanted to foster. I'm just afraid I'll fall in love and end up with 10 cats at my house!! Oh boy.
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy reading the sayings you pick out for us.
ReplyDeleteThe tree is lovely.
Rainy Days and Mondays is one of Laurie's favorites...
ReplyDeleteHi Dear Linda... Victory usually has to be earned and many many times, it is not done with ease. Fun memes for today!! Enjoy your Friday and your weekend ahead.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the music, the shark video and the police cat. You always have something for everyone. I also looked up the inspirational man with no arms or legs. He has an interesting (to say the least) life story.
ReplyDeleteHello Linda
ReplyDeleteAnother great collection of memes.
The Carpenters video ... what a lovely choice.
Have a happy end of the week and good wishes for the weekend.
All the best Jan
I like the police cat!
ReplyDeleteYour post today is just wonderful! I love kitties, and any mention of them or photos will snag my attention. I hope you have a super weekend!
ReplyDeleteThis quote today is for me..
ReplyDelete"It requires no time to experience peace and love, just your willingness to let go."
I also appreciate the sign and oh, I feel that sentiment. Me too!!!!
Wonderful quotes ~ favorite is dog 'who rescued who?'
ReplyDeleteHugs ^_^
Ahh, love the cat at the police station, vid:) Have a grand one, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI really like the quotes and the pictures.
ReplyDeleteI've adopted 4 dogs and 2 cats in my adult life. It's the best to give them a chance at a forever home and a good life. I love those memes you shared today. Have a super rest of your week.
ReplyDeleteI especially liked the reminder about finding the good in the bad.
ReplyDeleteYour tree photo is lovely too, the blossoms look so bright.
I too hope that everyone can get help with their depression, I have gotten help after many years of dealing with it and so thankful!
ReplyDeleteThat tree kind of looks like a kind of Pine tree doesn't it, so neat to see new plants :). Wishing you a great weekend to come!
Visiting your site feels like coming home from a long day, Linda. Thanks for the positivity. I like that poem about rescuing dogs. I really think our dogs rescued us.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a wonderful weekend, somewhere in the cool shade, a hug and a kiss, Andreja!
ReplyDeleteThe most inspirational quote for me today is "The end of the war with the mind is the end of war. - Byron Katie" I do believe so First we have to do the inner work and the battles will die and beautiful photos of that tree
ReplyDeleteNick Vujicic's quote about fear is profound.
ReplyDeleteI love your quotes and pictures
ReplyDeleteBom dia minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Minha reflexão preferida é "Não é preciso tempo para experimentar paz e amor, basta estar disposto a deixar ir". Uma excelente manhã em Montreal, para você e seus familiares, uma excelente sexta-feira e um grande abraço carioca, que está sentindo frio kkkk. E nem começou o inverno.
ReplyDeleteI will be making some plans for a feral mama cat and her babies who have claimed our home. I hope I can find new places for them to live. Wild cats and wild birds just won't work, I think.
ReplyDeleteI definitely love your cat memes! And now, I feel compelled to clean my bedroom.
ReplyDeleteQuerida linda,
ReplyDeleteBelas reflexões e como é importante cuidar da nossa saúde mental em tempos tão desafiadores. Adorei os vídeos!
Um abraço!
Lots of wisdom and hopefulness here. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI agree, depression is so difficult. I have a dear friend who has battled with it for a long time.
Thank you for sharing.
Save a life. Adopt. Great advice, all our pets when we had them were all adopted. Have a wonderful weekend, Linda.
ReplyDeleteIt is incredibly easy to let physical clutter pile up when life gets overwhelming, but reading that makes me want to stand up and tackle my space immediately. This entire collection is such a beautiful, grounding reminder to slow down and stop fighting our own thoughts.
ReplyDeleteLove Cat💕💕💕💕💕💕
ReplyDeleteServus Linda, Weisheiten und nachdenkliche Sprüche. Schön zu lesen und zu schauen.
ReplyDeleteLG aus Wien
My favorite one today... "You have to look for the good in the bad, the happy in your sad, the gain in your pain and what makes you grateful, not hateful."
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing 😍
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! I'm home from vacation and getting caught up on my favorite blogs. I apologize in advance for all the comments. I've missed your motivating and uplifting posts while I was away. Thank you, as always, for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBe happy not because everything is good, but because you can see the good side of everything. That is such a powerful quote. And I think it is a goal for life. It is human to fall, to become discouraged, and to focus on difficulties. But if you keep trying to look for the good... somehow, that is where you will eventually find yourself.
ReplyDeleteFelice weekend, un abbraccio
ReplyDeleteenrico
You always post the best pictures and quotes. I just can't pick my favourite this time around.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
early morning greetings from kuala lumpur. today is saturday and i'm not working, but need to send my boys to school as they got activities eventhough on weekend. i choose this quote today: Kindness has a way of reaching down into a weary soul and making it shine like the sun...take care dear linda. sending warm regards from afar
ReplyDeleteHermosos mensajes, algunos muy realistas.
ReplyDeleteGracias por compartirlos Linda y por la visita al blog.
Wonderful pictures and phrases, they lifted my spirits! A world without depression—that would be wonderful! I dream of that too!💖💖💖
ReplyDeleteThe quote of the famous traveller Robert Swan is indeed true! No one else will save this planet - we have to take action! All of us.
ReplyDeleteYour collection of quotes and reflections creates such a calming, uplifting space, and the way you pair them with your own photos makes the post feel personal and grounding. The tree you captured is striking, and it fits so well with the theme of finding beauty and meaning in everyday moments. I appreciate how you curate pieces that encourage reflection without feeling heavy, offering a gentle pause in the middle of a busy week.
ReplyDelete"You have to look for the good in the bad, the happy in your sad, the gain in your pain and what makes you grateful, not hateful." I have a tendency to do the opposite eg looking for the bad in the good... must do the switcheroo!
ReplyDeleteBonjour Linda,
ReplyDeleteJ'adore ce que tu poste surtout avec les animaux.
J'espère que tu vas bien.
Passe un bon week-end,
bises
These are great Linda. Love that Carpenters song <3
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! I do hope you enjoyed your recent visit to Montreal. That tree is absolutely lovely! And I'm with you, I haven't a clue what it is, since we don't get them in Indonesia either... 😅 So thanks ever so much for sharing! 😊❤
ReplyDeleteDear Linda!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quotes. You always have something interesting to read.
That tree is probably Pinus strobus.
I wish you a wonderful summer. Hugs and greetings.
I love your posts, dear Lind.
ReplyDeleteYou have a very good sense of imagination.
Great quotes, beautiful photos and interesting videos.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend
You always find some great quotes to share!
ReplyDeleteMuy bella entrada.
ReplyDeleteMe encantan siempre tus imagenes de gatos.
Un saludo, amiga
Miłego dnia. Very nice kochana.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading quotes. They contain surprising wisdom. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteAnother happy post, loved the Sketches in Stillness.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
What beautiful, positive quotes. I love your photos too!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful thoughts as ever and lots of smiles. Hugs Angela xXx
ReplyDeletesad to see our earth with climate change.. all because of human activities
ReplyDeleteanimals have a way of healing us just as much as we try to care for them, and that connection is something very special...
ReplyDeleteOur animal companions help us connect with the world in ways few know.
ReplyDeleteComo siempre geniales tus citas. Feliz noche.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what kinda tree that is either. Pretty though. Fun too. Reminds me of Christmas.
ReplyDeleteLove all the quotes you share here, Linda. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDelete