Sunday, June 28, 2026

All Creatures Great and Small

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. 

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!

The cat does not offer services. The cat offers itself. - William S. Burroughs
                                A-Z Quotes


When Rome burned, the emperor's cats still expected to be fed on time. - Seanan McGuire
                          Greeting Card Poet


When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion. - Dale Carnegie
                                  A-Z Quotes


When you manage your emotions and act with compassion, you are behaving as the real you. - Zeeshan Raza
                                Bored Panda


That which we constantly affirm becomes true for us. - Louise Hay
                               Quote Fancy


I am as close to changing my life as my current positive thought. - Louise Hay


Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics already. - Dave Willis
Sketches in Stillness


Every time you replace "this is overwhelming" with "what's the first step?" you shift brain activity from your amygdala (fear) to your prefontal cortex (problem-solving). That's neuroplasticity in real time.
Tiny Buddha


Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm. - Sir Winston Churchill
Bright Drops


The mouth should have three gatekeepers. Is it true? Is it kind? And is it necessary?
Natural Life


People who get excited about sunrises, sunsets, a sky full of stars, full moons, deep connections and heart to heart conversations are my kind of people.
Natural Life


In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. - Aristotle
Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


For valuing the lives of all cats - whether they're pet, stray or feral....Thank you!
Alley Cat Allies


The forest makes your heart gentle. You become one with it. No place for greed or anger there. - Pha Pachak
Treehugger


We are all interconnected, people, animals, our environment. When nature suffers, we suffer. And when nature flourishes, we all flourish. - Dr. Jane Goodall
(image William F. Marks)
X Dot Com


Time in nature is a simple, powerful way to ease stress and boost your overall well-being.
X Dot Com


Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you. - Frank Lloyd Wright
X Dot Com

Cherish the natural world, because you're a part of it and you depend on it. - David Attenborough
Good Good Good


Hummingbirds have long, thin bills that allow them to reach deep inside flowers.
PBS Nature


Tigers don't roar often, but when they do, can be heard for over a mile.
PBS Nature


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view.


This photo is of myself and my cousin, Vince! He lives in Ontario and we don't get to see each other very often, so it was lovely to be able to see him again. We met earlier this month for breakfast to catch up on our news and enjoyed a nice meal together. I am just 5'0" tall, Vince is 6'2". :) 

Another thing...when I created this post I hadn't realized that the title of the post would be so fitting...it just worked out this way! (I am referring to All Creatures Great and Small title) :) When I take my photos I try to share them in the order in which I take them, and it just so happened that this was the post that this photo is shared on. I have always been short. I have another cousin, now deceased, who was 12 years older than me and he was 6'4".  :) I am 5'0".


The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Wolf hugs week-old wolf pup in her sleep :)  (Wolf Conservation Center)

Mama cow and baby have the sweetest reunion  :)  (The Dodo)  I love cows and this story touched my heart! Hearing the mother and calf moo is very sweet!

Home on the Range - Gene Autry

Pop goes the weasel - Anthony Newley (The Ed Sullivan Show)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

112 comments:

  1. So many good things here today! I kept reading and thinking - so true, so good! :)
    I love the pic of you and Vince and laughed at the title.
    I'm 5'5 and the short one in my family. My SIL' are 6'5 and 6'6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post title, Linda! I read the book by the same title written by James Herriot and it is a joyful read. Oh, those flowers are lovely, they look like roses. Your cousin is so tall! Well, my father's side of the family are tall and both my brothers are. But I am only 5' 4". I used to lament, why am I the short one? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..."When you manage your emotions and act with compassion, you are behaving as the real you." Linda, I wish that this was true of more people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda reflexión. Te mando un beso y te deseo una buena semana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were fun ones and the Mama cow and baby reunion was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olá, Linda, um encanto vir aqui e ver belas citações!
    Tenho um livro de Dale Carnegie, ele é excelente.
    É uma festa vir no seu espaço tão querido, cheio de
    surpresas!
    Uma feliz semana para você, querida, muita paz e saúde!
    Bjs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cousin Dale! What a handsome (tall) guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "In all things in nature, there is something marvellous", rings very true to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hellooooooo Linda! Wonderful picture of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🩷

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so nice to see a photo of you, Linda. Thank you for sharing with us and I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning dear linda.it's nice see the selfie of u and ur cousin
    Both look great and jovial🤩 i'm 5'4", slightly taller than u ;) i love the pucture of bright coloured flowers that u share..hot pink i think..take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. It must have been nice to see your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this one:
    The mouth should have three gatekeepers. Is it true? Is it kind? And is it necessary?
    I love the pink flowers.
    I liked seeing your cousin and you.
    I am only 5'2".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quotes and flowers, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Linda, you look lovely in the photo with your cousin. So nice to have a chit chat between cousins. I haven't seen my cousins for many years.
    Have a good week ahead! 😸 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cow and her baby made me cry a little. The twin prank was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and very PLEASUREABLE TO VIEW Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. O Canadá continua firme na Copa do Mundo e, onde quer que haja gatos, a gente sempre comemora um título mundial.

    Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

    Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mama cow and the baby are so cute!
    Thank you so much for this post

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely photos of you and your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The cow and calf reunion melted me, and the wolf pup hug was adorable.
    Your picture with Vince is lovely.
    The title All Creatures Great and Small couldn’t have been more fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many nice and wise things here today. I loved everything.
    Happy picture of you and Vince 💜
    A bit like my husband and I, 181 cm and 155 cm.
    Louise Hay has a lot to offer still today 🍏
    The one about the gatekeepers of the mouth is good to remember.
    Nature, lovely nature, and the forest in particular 🌲

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the quote of David Attenborough

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello my friend! I love seeing your picture with your cousin! As always the flower pictures are so pretty!! I love so many quotes you share today. I had a hard time picking one out that spoke to me the most. For some reason that is what I like to do when I visit here. LOL!
    This one spoke the most to me today because I am really working on my speech, my words and learning to be quieter.
    "The mouth should have three gatekeepers. Is it true? Is it kind? And is it necessary?"

    oh.... and this one...
    "That which we constantly affirm becomes true for us." - Louise Hay

    Have such a beautiful week!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Some wonderful quotes and photo's here. The cow and her calf were pretty special and the twins were a real giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I remember that cow and calf separation noise, and it was sad to hear. The calf in this clip seems quite old though.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a lovely photograph of you and your cousin. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely photos and snippets - thanks very much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good morning Linda, this was a great read. I get excited about sunrises, sunsets, star-filled skies, and full moons. Watching these impressive sights gives me a sense of peace. Family is important, and you both look wonderful. I really enjoyed the first video; it was very well done :) Wishing you a great start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely photo of you and your cousin.
    The photos you took a nice and the just for laughs was good. The last two songs I know but gosh they are old but so am I.
    The memes are thought provoking for sure...always seem to like the cat ones.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Managing emotions can be hard, dear friend Linda... and... is it really healthy?
    But... YES to encouragers! Am and have plenty!!! (sadly also those who push you down).
    Thank you!!! "what's the first step?" I will remember!!!
    Nice to finally "meet" you!
    And cows are so clever! Sending you warm - wonderfully rainy hugs and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Positive quotes ! Lovely pictures !
    David A. is an old (100years old) and wise man.
    Have a shinny week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

  33. A Very nice selection today I like the photo of you and your cousin

    ReplyDelete
  34. Linda, tuas escolhas sempre nos agradam e gostei da foto do grande e a pequena,rs... Gostei de te ver!
    beijos, linda semana, chica

    ReplyDelete
  35. I actually thought your blog title was referring to the wonderful, incredible "All Creatures Great and Small" remake, which, IMO, outshines the original 1970s one (even though I loved that too!)

    Lovely to put a face to the blog, it's a terrific pic of you both!

    Have a lovely week. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice to SEE you! Lovely that you got together with family and as always I enjoy your uplifting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Linda,
    Great photo of you and your cousin! I love the pretty flowers.
    Great collection of inspiring words and images.
    Jane Goodall and David Attenborough are two of my favorite people.
    Nature is my go to spot! Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Una vez mas no me puedo quedar con una frase en concreto de las que nos dejas.
    Sobre lo que nos dices sobre diferencia de altura tuya con otros familiares, decirte que entre los hermanos los varones tenemos una altura de 170 cms y las mujeres 160 cms. El marido de la pequeña creo que llega a los 180 cms.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello! 🐱 David Attenborough's programmes are so wonderful and have always given me such a deep appreciation for nature. This quote is a beautiful reminder to slow down and cherish the world around us. Thank you for sharing this peaceful post all the way from Canada! 🌿🌍🌳

    ReplyDelete
  40. Those are pink wild roses! What a lovely photo of you and the cousin! It is 48C here today, we are all roasting, hope it is nice and fresh in your part of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You always have the best blog. Have a blessed and wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I knew a couple where she was 1, 62 m and he 2,17 m (more than 20 inch difference). He used to laugh at my ex and I looking funny ("only" 14 inch difference ;-)).

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  44. A lot of good thoughts today. Mama cow really wanted her baby. I'm happy she got him back.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for the photo of you and your cousin. The meme of Roman cats expecting their dinner on time even though the city was burning is SO true!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Definitely words to live by. Cattle moms were always the most concerned about. their kids on the ranch. If you got too close, they would mow you down!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. "The mouth should have three gatekeepers. Is it true? Is it kind? And is it necessary?" is a very powerful quote and a wonderful lesson. I believe it can greatly improve our relationships with others, as long as the willingness is there.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you for sharing another uplifting collection of quotes and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your posts never disappoint, Linda. Always inspiring! Love the photo of you and your cousin, Vince, too. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such a lovely and heartwarming post. I really enjoy how your words encourage us to slow down, appreciate the beauty around us, and find joy in the simple moments of everyday life. Thank you for always sharing such positive and inspiring thoughts.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hilarious about Rome burning and the cats still expecting to be fed. Have a grand one, Linda;)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Staying positive amid adversities is important!
    Hope should be the last to die!
    I was this old when I found out tigers don't exist in África :O
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Nothing better than starting off a post with some cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  54. You always inspire me! And give me hope! Thank you 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  55. That is a nice photo of you and your cousin. I love those smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Great photo of Vince and you! It's wonderful to get together with family. Cats definitely give themselves: love but also attitude and sometimes claws. :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. What a lovely picture of you and your tall cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  58. It is so hot here that I can't think. :( but the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Once more -> beautiful flowers!
    Nice to meet lovely people, Linda!
    Isn't it strange..., the gag. :-)
    Lie(f)s.
    @Something wrong, so 'anonymous'!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lindo, je pěkné, že jsi nám představila svého bratrance. Asi má vysoké rodiče? Je vidět, že oba máte z toho setkání radost.
    My máme velké horko, včera 39,7°C. Ten příběh krávy a telete je dojemný, i když tele už povyrostlo. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  61. Thank you for sharing YOU with us. :-) Love seeing your smile.
    Thank you for all the quotes today, so many good ones.
    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  62. If I'm honest, some people whouse quotes are featured here were very, very questionable. Dale Carnegie was very much a businessperson influencer, and Winston Churchill was a eugenicist, ableist and anti-Palestinian racist. He also hurt Iranian people greatly by helping stage a coup against a government that wouldn't give the wretched west Iranian oil. I remember when a few years ago, his statue in Prague was smeared with the sentence "He was racist". I suppose the guy was talking about himself as a total human failure...

    Jane Goodall and David Attenborough are great people to quote though.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wouldn't it be lovely if everyone was an encourager?! Thank you for being an encourager, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  64. A cousins' reunion is always fun! I'm also on the petite side at 5 feet and 3 inches!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Lots of great quotes. The flowers are so pretty. So nice to see the picture of you and your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  66. YOU are an encourager, my friend! Thank you for giving us all hope!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  67. So nice to see you and your cousin. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  68. so fun to see a picture of you!! great quotes today!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Yes! 👍❤️

    ReplyDelete
  70. Lovely and inspiring quotes today! I love nature, but very glad I can't hear tigers roar a mile away! Cute photo of you and your tall cousin. I am short, too - my 9 year old grandson is almost as tall as me now. Nice to see the flowers - so happy it is summer. :) x K

    ReplyDelete
  71. Yet another lovely and uplifting post from you! Thanks for always making my day, Linda. P.S. I'm pretty short too, but I'm taller than you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Nice to see you there and it was interesting to read aphorisms.

    ReplyDelete
  73. "That which we constantly affirm becomes true for us. - Louise Hay"
    This is very important to understand, thank you also for all the other thoughts, videos and flower pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Wonderful your quotes, and that lovely photo of you and your cousin!!!
    have a beautiful days , hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  75. What a lovely picture of you and your tall cousin. Lovely quotes too.

    ReplyDelete
  76. The reflex to eat in Rome is stronger than a flame when it comes to cats.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wonderful round up of positive meme's. I don't know how you find so many. Couldn't pick a favorite this time round, usually I have a couple. What a sweet picture of you and your cousin, which reminds me I need to call mine. It's been awhile since we've chatted. Our phone conversations are usually long ones. Have a wonderful day and week. And thanks for positive vibes..........we surely need them, and humor to keep us from losing our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Encantada por este post por poder vê-la e também a seu primo Vince!
    É muito bom ter a família próxima!!
    Realmente fiquei a imaginar os gatos do imperador romano esperando ser alimentados enquanto a cidade ardia em chamas...Eles tem os horários rigorosos!!
    Beijos querida e linda das fotos das flores!!!
    Maravilhosa semana!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Nature has never failed me. The wolf and pup - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Love…” Be an Encourager!” 👏👍
    May

    ReplyDelete
  81. Such a fun collection this time and a lot of wisdom in there too. All Creatures Great and Small is my favorite TV show.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love the Churchill quote. He had a way with wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Oi, Linda! Adorei sua foto com seu primo! Eu tenho 1,67m. Se encontrar com parentes que gostamos é tempo de qualidade, assim como ficar em contato com a natureza e com gatinhos. Ah sim, com flores também, elas elevam o astral! Beijos nas bochechas! 😘🌺

    ReplyDelete
  84. Hello Linda
    Can you believe it's the last day of June?
    This month has flown by.

    I like the photograph of you and your cousin.
    All my grandchildren are now taller than me!

    Happy July wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  85. They teach little kids the three gatekeepers in school. It sad that we all forget it as we grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  86. I like that quote about the three gatekeepers our mouth should have, and got a good chuckle out of the Just for Laughs video..
    Lovely photo of you and your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  87. The first quote made me laugh. Indeed, a cat only offers itself!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Lots of stuff in this post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  89. What a lovely picture of you. Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Good Evening Linda, enjoyed all the quotes and the photos too-thanks so much for sharing and all the work that goes into these-hugs where we are in a very hot and humid weather pattern all this week. take care

    ReplyDelete
  91. wednesday morning greetings from kuala lumpur! it's 1st day of july today. the weather at my place is sunny and bright today :) and for today, i choose this quote: Cherish the natural world, because you're a part of it and you depend on it! indeed! take care dear linda!! is it summer now in montreal? i read in social media that europe is being hit with heatwave, does it affect montreal as well (but canada is not europe anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  92. "The mouth should have three gatekeepers. Is it true? Is it kind? And is it necessary?"

    I've come across this before or something very similar. It is good to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  93. I love the quote about the cats still feeling they should be fed no matter what is going on, that is my cats for sure :)
    Pretty flowers. I have shrunk over the years, down 3 inches, but my hubby is short too :)

    ReplyDelete
  94. "The mouth should have gatekeepers" THAT would keep my foot out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  95. so nice to see these peaceful walks and nature moments...

    ReplyDelete
  96. Another post with some lovely quotes. I really liked your photos of the roses and the one with your cousin. How lovely that you two could get together to catch up on one another's news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Bom dia, Linda
    Ótima postagem. Gostei da frase de Aristóteles: "Em todas as coisas da natureza há algo de maravilhoso". É verdade, vemos Deus e toda a Sua criação. O vídeo das gêmeas é muito engraçado. Bjs querida.

    ReplyDelete
  98. That quote about managing your fears and focusing on the way forward, had a real life experience with that this week as we tried to talk a little girl out of a large tree. In the end, I had to send my older daughter up to hold her hand and help her take the first step. I think sometimes we need that too -- when the world is big and overwhelming.

    When you manage your emotions and act with compassion, you are behaving as the real you. - Zeeshan Raza (Love this one!)

    ReplyDelete
  99. It is so wonderful that you were able to visit with your cousin.Fabulous photo of you two. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful quotes this week, Linda. Happy July. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  100. Dearest Linda,
    Yours is truly a Relaxing Lair, there's everything which can make us feel at ease, indeed, comfortable and at home, smiling at your quotes, laughing at the gags and finally singing while looking at your always lovely shots, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
    May your month of July be as beautiful as the inner world you preserve
    XO Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

    ReplyDelete
  101. What sage advice in replacing overwhelming with first step. Fascinating how the brain works.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Nice post, Linda. My favourite quote is "cherish the natural world, because you're a part of it and you depend on it". - David Attenborough I like your photo with you and your cousin. Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Que citas tan maravillosas Linda, me encantan. Muchos besos.

    ReplyDelete
  104. I like the one on 'what's the next step?' Much better to think that instead of oh no, there is so much, I cannot handle this...

    ReplyDelete
  105. The blend of animal wisdom, nature reflections, and your sweet photo with Vince gives this post such warmth, and the bright pink flowers and touching cow‑and‑calf reunion make your theme of connection—human, animal, and environmental—shine beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Nice to see a photo of you and your cousin - you have identical smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  107. Agree with the quote, being in nature, it help us to ease stress.That's why I found joy in gardening. Nice photo of you and your cousin. I'm 5'1". 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Difficulties in Commenting on Blogs

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! I am just making this post to let you know that I have been having issues with commenting on blogs. ...