Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Beauty in Life

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. 

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!


Because of unmindfulness, we always react. If we slow down and look within, peace will begin. - Phra Supalak

                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly and most underrated agent of human change. - Bob Kerrey

                 Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Tips for those experiencing heat waves across the globe.
Symptoms of heat-related illnesses...
Fainting, weakness, dizziness. Acts or talks confused. Nausea and vomiting. Increased sweating and thirst.
Muscle cramps. Body temperature rises to 40.5 Celsius (105 Fahrenheit) or higher.
If symptoms persist, immediately visit the nearest health centre or call an ambulance. Beat the heat.
                      World Health Organization


Greed alters our sense of priorities. - Jay Ghosh

                                   Wow4U


The greatest remedy for anger is delay. - Seneca

                            Little Yellow Star


It is easy to damage relationships when conflict resolutions do not work out. - John Ward

                            Ineffable Living


I understand your pain. Trust me, I do. I've seen people go from the darkest moments in their lives to living a happy, fulfilling life. You can do it too. I believe in you. You are not a burden. You will never be a burden. - Sophie Turner

                                Better Help


Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. - John Barrymore

                              Goodfinding


Having somewhere to go is home, having someone to love is family, having both is blessing. - Unknown

         Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


Anxiety lies. You've got today handled.

                            The Latest Kate


You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force. - Publilus Syrus

         Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


Sometimes you get what you want. Other times, you get a lesson in patience, timing, alignment, empathy, compassion, faith, perseverance, resilience, humility, trust, meaning, awareness, resistance, purposes, clarity, grief, beauty and life. Either way, you win. - Brianna Wiest

                                Tiny Buddha


Work on things people can't take away from you. Things like your mindset, character, personality, transparency, your entire being.

                                Tiny Buddha


Though the world is torn and shaken, even if your heart is breaking, it's waiting for you to awaken. Someday you will learn to be still. - Don Henley, Stan Lynch
                Purrs of Wisdom with Ingrid King


Laughter is simply a smile heard out loud, that echoes happiness and love. - The Coach
                            Raise Your Mind


Some of my best friends have tails.  :)
                                Natural Life


I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order. - John Burroughs
          Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


Train your mind to see the good in every situation.
                                Natural Life


Birds are nature's musicians...and their concerts are free.
                          My Day, My Way


Those who find beauty in all of nature will find themselves at one with the secrets of life itself. - L. Wolfe Gilbert
        Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cell phone on my walks here in Montreal. I don't know what type of tree or flowers these are, but the yellow flowers and green leaves were so pretty. You can click on any image to see a larger view.




The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

If you don't think dogs are smart, Walter will change your mind (GeoBeats Animals)

Woman gives toys to a wild magpie - and he invites his friends to come over to play  :) (The Dodo)

Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

Annie's Song - John Denver (from the Wildlife Concert)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

103 comments:

  1. Aqui é um cantinho de inspiração. Fique com Deus querida Linda!
    E adorei as fotos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are always full of wonderful insights. Some of my best friends have tails. and going to nature are my favorites. The flowers are so lovely. Happy weeks to you!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see the Australian magpies having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good health advice about the heatwave! It seems to be a global thing. Oh, those flowers are lovely! They look like clumps of popcorn from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Linda, the three photos of the flowers and leaves look so special. Later I will ask AI what flowers they are. I haven't seen them before.
    Have a good day! 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so hot here right now - 105 degree heat index today. I'm ever so thankful for AC.
    I love the one about working on things people can't take away.
    Annies song was always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, querida, é sempre muito bom, vir aqui em seu espaço!
    As citações sempre muito bonitas e proveitosas, os vídeos, todos me divertiram, principalmente o cachorrinho andando de skate!
    Como pode? Os animais são inteligentes, sem dúvida.
    Aquela casa lá em cima, com verdes... achei fantástica!
    Postagem maravilhosa!
    Uma feliz semana pra você!
    Aqui estamos no inverno, muito frio e chuva...
    Bjins, amiga. 🌹💜🌻🙋‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I feel sorry for those who cannot enjoy the heat, dear friend Linda. My best friend has rheumatism and ohhh, she has a hard time.
    Yes, delay is a good idea. And I hate darn anxiety... And get a lesson for sure right now, being still on hold, work-wise.
    Oh, my skateboard-days are over!
    Do you know Peggy and Molly? I sure do love Magpies, I miss them!
    Have a great Wednesday (yes awake in the middle of the night here, argh!) - much love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Linda, these are such uplifting quotes for my daily life—I can really use them. Thank you!
    You’ve photographed such beautiful blossoms!!! Your videos are great, too!
    Wishing you happy days—hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me ha llamado la atención lo del calor... Aquí, en Andalucía, nos pasamos semanas y semanas superando los 40 grados cada dia...
    Un saludo, amiga

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always loved listening to John Denver. Thank you for bringing a smile to my day, Linda. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Anxiety lies. You've got today handled." I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are great close up images of those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Birds are nature's musicians...and their concerts are free."
    I agree! Have a nice day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos of the yellow flowers are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing these positive vibes and wonderful insights. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially loved the line about kindness being more powerful than force--it really resonates.
    Your flower photos are so cheerful.
    Annie's song is always a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Birds are nature's musicians...and their concerts are free." Just when I read that, one began singing outside.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would seriously not recommend using a mask in this heat. It can be fatal!
    I love the quote "Laughter is simply a smile heard out loud, that echoes happiness and love."
    I also love John Denver's songs.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel like a herbalist for always guessing plants in your photos haha but that is elderflower, dear, it has the most amazing fragrance, you can dry it and use it as a most beautiful and healthy tea which has very strong ability to warm you up in winter. You can also make a syrup for juice with the flowers, water and sugar. And the flower at some point turns into dark black berries which can also be used for juice. The elderberry.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always interesting memes Linda, love reading them and they make me think, Flower is pretty. The Just for Laughs has me smiling for sure, and Neil Diamond, wow, love that song. John Devner, I can take him or leave him, but he did write a few good songs in his time on this earth.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope your heatwave conditions improve soon. I always leave my windows and curtains closed all day if its hot outside and have a fan on sometimes at night, just before bedtime , if its too warm. Best wishes for more pleasant temperatures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tiny Buddha is good 💚
    The ancient Romans were wise:
    "You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force." 🩵
    This one is my favourite today:
    "Train your mind to see the good in every situation." ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,
    I always enjoy your post, so inspiring. Beautiful blossoms!
    I love listening to music from the birds. Nature is soothing.
    Stay cool, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Linda. Today I choose "Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open", I thought it was beautiful. Your photos from your walks around Montreal are wonderful, those yellow flowers are just gorgeous. Thank you for the post. Big hug, I hope you are coping well with the high temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  25. As always your quotes are wonderful, Linda! There is so much wisdom in them. Lovely photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your choice of quotes. So wise.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have a plant app on my phone. You take a photo of a leaf or flower and it will identify it! My husband has a bird app. It records birdsong and identifies birds! We happily discover new birds and new flowers! These apps are free!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Linda! Another post filled with such lovely shares, and thank you for reminding us how to stay safe during the heatwave. Also, what a powerful quote, "You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force." I feel kindness is one of the virtues that stands out the most, especially in the world we live in today. And I believe that when you're kind to others, it usually means you've first learned to be kind to yourself. We need both. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love them all. Those flowers are pretty too whatever they are.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Is it a lilac tree?
    Cats and nature equals peace, abundance, bliss and contentment.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a beautiful and uplifting post. I always enjoy reading your thoughtful reflections, They bring a sense of peace and remind me to appreciate the simple blessings in everyday life. Thank you for sharing such positive inspiration.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  32. ..."Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open," is a good one to remember. Linda, the white flower is Japanese tree lilac. Be cool and well.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, I like both music videos you shared, Linda. Thank you. I hope you’re having a great Thursday!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oi Linda,
    aqui se encontra uma listagem preciosa de aforismos reflexivos e úteis ao cotidiano da vida.
    Guardo pra mim muitos dos que estão listados a me inspirar boas atitudes e conselhos.
    Belas fotos/ flores belas!
    Bjsssss

    ReplyDelete
  35. Some of my best friends have tails too. And I wouldn't have it any other way. And about greed, it is a terrible thing, but those with it don't usually see they have it, sadly. I hope you are staying cool and are having a great start to JUly.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your selection always brightens our days!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you. I added a couple of your quotes to my list of affirmations.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you for sharing those amazing quotes, Linda! Love magpie video :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. There is always something I relate to. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  40. You managed to make me happy once again. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Me gustaron como siempre tus frases algunas en especial pero no sabría decirte cual mas.
    Sobre las recomendaciones para el calor muy interesantes para estas olas de calor que sufrimos.
    El video de la broma es como para morirte del susto, el de las urracas parece mentira como se acercan a la mujer. Los videos musicales si que recordaba al primer interprete y canción, así como al segundo recordé interprete y canción en las primeras estrofas.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Showing kindness to others is key in all that we do, Linda. Enjoyed all the inspirational quotes so much. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Many of our anger reducing strategies involve delay: taking deep breaths, counting to 10, etc. Since anger is a secondary emotion, I try to focus on what I'm actually feeling underneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Here are two that I like. There were others, of course.

    Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. - John Barrymore

    Having somewhere to go is home, having someone to love is family, having both is blessing. - Unknown

    ReplyDelete
  45. Interesting wise quotes, I especially liked the second one, unexpected kindness really costs nothing, but is ignored by most, yet has the exact power to change the course of an entire life.
    Beautiful flowers and excellent videos.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs and many greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  46. "Anxiety lies. You've got today handled." This one is something I need often to remember, because as a very anxious person, sometimes days can be harder as it really is.
    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  47. You always find the best quotes, dear Linda. Thank you for all the effort you put into your uplifting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  48. These are all wonderfully affirming but thanks especially for the heat tips!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Nice bunch of sayings.
    The one about nature made me a little sad, because I look for those things in nature and see destrucion, ecological disasters, stupid people doing stupid things...

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hello Linda,
    All so many good quotes. This one stood out for me.
    "Sometimes you get what you want. Other times, you get a lesson in patience, timing, alignment, empathy, compassion, faith, perseverance, resilience, humility, trust, meaning, awareness, resistance, purposes, clarity, grief, beauty and life. Either way, you win. - Brianna Wiest

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I can almost smell your flowers, dear Linda!
    Very scary, very nice, the gag!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I have to ponder some of these today.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lovely music videos Linda and I enjoyed your photographs.

    Have a happy and peaceful July.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  54. LD...Neil and John were two of my favorites. I sit and watch the birds at the feeder to calm down and just rest. Coffee cup in hand helps out a bit too unless it is my third or fourth cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Those are so amazing and a big hooray for unexpected kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  56. E o Canadá continua firme na Copa!

    Nova Tirinha Publicada. 😼

    Abraços 🐾 Garfield Tirinhas Oficial.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Some of my best friends have tails!! Love it!! Thanks for all of your choices for us today! Sending love and a hug!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  58. Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly and most underrated agent of human change. - Bob Kerrey
    We all need a little kindness.
    I literally love Neil Diamond. And I do like John Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  59. The plant you took pictures of is so pretty. Very unusual looking flower.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I really, really love the magpies playing with the toys and being so friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Good morning Linda, great tips for heatwaves. We just had a big one in the Netherlands, and when I drove to Bremen on Tuesday, I entered another. I like the flowers in your photos, though I see them as white :D Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  62. The first video reminded me of The Little Shop of Horrors.

    ReplyDelete
  63. "Laughter is simply a smile heard out loud, that echoes happiness and love." I have just spent a laughter filled afternoon with friends. I hope you aren't suffering from the heat. Today our winter's day was 26C!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Good quotes this week. Oh my Walter is a crazy dog! The magpie story, I've never seen a magpie. They must be super smart.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Lots of wisdom and some beautiful photos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  66. You're right the flowers on the tree that you took are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Lindo, kvetoucí keř, který jsi vyfotila, je černý bez (Sambucus nigra), to neznáš? U nás toho roste spousta a sušený květ je léčivý, připravuje se čaj proti kašli a nachlazení. Z květů se dělá i limonáda a sirup = moc dobré!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I wish you a happy month of July with lots of imagination and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  69. So many nice memes. Love the John Barrymore quote and the picture with the swing makes me want to grab my yarn and sit there. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  70. The blooms are very pretty. Try and stay cool, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  71. As ALWAYS (and I'm not exaggerating here), your blog post is cheering and shares needed wisdom. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  72. You always find the best quotes and videos, Linda. I love your photos, too.
    Stay cool during your heatwave! Do you have air conditioning in your apartment? If not, spend time in a place with air conditioning if at all possible. Keep a few damp face towels or wash cloths in the freezer and use them as cooling cloths on your face, neck, wrists and other pulse points as needed. And remember to drink not just plenty of water, but, something with electrolytes, as well, to replenish what is lost when we perspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear friend, thank you so much for your comment and for your concern. I just edit the post to mention that I do have an air conditioner in my apartment, and am very grateful for this.

      Delete
    2. Glad you have a/c, Linda. :)

      Delete
  73. morning dear linda! i have just read about the heatwave in your latest blog entry..take care and stay indoors ok! i got masters class today at 9 am, ie I'm working on saturday today. and I also write and share about my eye problem in my latest blog entry. have a nice day linda

    ReplyDelete
  74. 40.5C is very high indeed. Do weather it out while exercising your air conditioner.
    The yellow flower is unusual, reminds me of popcorn or cotton. :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. Great post, Linda, full of wonderful things, much appreciated.
    Many greetings

    ReplyDelete
  76. Bom dia minha queridaamiga Limda. Beba bastante água e se hidratte bastante, nos maioria do brasileiros, estamos acostumados com o calor durante o verão, na maior parte de Brasil. Minha reflexão preferida é "Trabalhe com coisas que as pessoas não podem tirar de você..coisas como sua mentalidade, caráter, personalidade, transparência, seu ser completo".. Uma excelente manhã de sábado .Montreal, bom final de semana e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Your collection of quotes feels especially uplifting today, and the soft yellow blossoms you photographed add a lovely sense of calm; the mix of kindness, mindfulness, and gentle humor makes this post a peaceful pause in the middle of a hot Montreal week.

    ReplyDelete
  78. These are lovely. I hope you continue to manage the heat. I got dizzy working yesterday. Our mess of storm damage. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Thank you for sharing all the wise thoughts, Linda. I'm pretty sure that we can't force people to really become anything they don't want to be...yes, kindness is the way!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hi Linda. I've read your latest post, the one with comments disabled. I hope you're in good health, in spite of the hot weather. I just experienced myself, after being outside home for my gardening, and felt the heat from my body, even after hours resting inside the air conditioning house. Cold shower felt so much better and remember to drink plenty of water. You take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  81. Just read your last post with the comments off and had to say that I loved reading more about you, you, you. It was so nice to hear your side of things and I'm sorry about the heat. Have you tried barefoot with the fan on your feet at night? Or putting cold compress on the wrist and ankles and even back of neck.

    Hope the heat calms down in your area soon. Sending you good vibes and huggs.

    ReplyDelete
  82. A very truthful comment about greed...

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thank you for sharing this quote:"The greatest remedy for anger is delay. - Seneca."

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  84. La felicidad se busca en medio de lo que nos fue dado, en compañía con las cosas que nos hacen pleno sentido a nuestra vida
    me gustan las imágenes de las especies amigas de neustra vida
    prefiero los perrunos que cuidan y te dan cariño.
    Ojalá que todo mejore para ustedes por allá.

    Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I have felt real bad a few times during this hot weather, it wasn't until I was cooler that I started feeling better. I so agree with the one about Nature being healing, when you need calm that is the best, and to hear the pretty birds singing to you is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  86. I wonder what view that cute little red cottage has?? Unexpected kindnesses are the best! Thinking of you, dear Linda, at this time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  87. @I've tried to read your no-comment post, dear Linda. Wish you 'cool' and 'all the best'!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Hello dear Linda,

    the heat is really awful, especially if you can't stand it. I can't stand it either and it just makes me sick, but luckily I have air conditioning in the bedroom, so that helps. I hope it gets less hot where you are very soon and that you can do things again.
    I also hope you hear something from your doctors very soon regarding the swallowing problem.
    Best regards, Helma

    ReplyDelete
  89. Neil Diamond and John Denver - two of my favourites, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Some wise words and timely advice. As always you make a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Oh goodness it's been so hot here, too...and then today it dropped into the 70s! Mother Nature just can't seem to make up her mind. Haha! That heat is crazy though, I can't deal with it either!! I read your catch up post and I'm glad to hear all your tests were ok, but I hope you get a follow up appointment soon. I'm sure all the waiting is frustrating when you just want to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Me encantan todas las citas, son buenísimas. Feliz día.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Getting out into nature always helps me to relax and feel more in the moment. So much beauty in our world. Love John Denver and that song is so beautiful.

    Hope you are experiencing cooler temperatures and that you get an appointment sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Difficulties in Commenting on Blogs

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! I am just making this post to let you know that I have been having issues with commenting on blogs. ...