Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Your Mental Health

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. 
 

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!

I am thankful for cats!  :)
                             Alley Cat Allies


                             Alley Cat Allies


Everything is figureoutable.
                                      Calm


Nothing in this world can torment you as much as your own thoughts.
                               Healthy Place


You may have to fight a battle more than once. - Margaret Thatcher
                              Healthy Place


What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor and more unashamed conversation. - Glenn Close
                       Ocean Recovery Centre


It's a disorder, not a decision.
                               WeCapable


I do not sleep because I am not only afraid of the monsters at my door, but also of the monsters my own mind can conjure. The ones that live within. - Samantha Shannon
                               Bright Drops


People with mental health conditions deserve just as much support and compassion as people with physical health conditions.
                              Healthy Place


Healing is absolutely possible.
                               Healthy Place


The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness. - Abraham Maslow
                          Develop Good Habits


Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go, they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein
                                  Healthline


Mental health begins with me.
                                  Magnific


Depression doesn't discriminate; it affects men just as deeply as it does anyone else.
                                  Sandjest


I knew well enough that one could fracture one's legs and arms and recover afterward, but I did not know that you could fracture the brain in your head and recover from that too. - Vincent Van Gogh
                          Mental Health Match


It's up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind.
                               Healthy Place


It's important to point out that mental health is more about wellness rather than sickness. - Matt Purcell
                       Boomer Health Solutions


Mental health is not a destination, but a process. It's about how you drive, not where you're going.
                              Healthy Place


There is no shame in taking medication for a mental illness. Do whatever works for you.
                               Healthy Place


Not feline (feeling) well? You need a purramedic. :)


Sweet dreams.


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. Here is a squirrel foraging in a park. Note the shadows from the trees in this picture. You can click on any image to see a larger view.

Here I called the squirrel and as soon as he looked up at me I got this photo of him. He kind of posed for me. :) I wasn't out for long because it was pretty hot and humid that day, but this little guy brightened my day by posing for my photo. :)

These are signs that the city of Montreal puts in designated areas not far from schools and at stop signs reminding motorists to slow down and pay attention.
The sign is in French, and the English translation is: "Attention to our children!" The signs work, as it makes the motorists more vigilant, not just for the children, but anyone wanting to cross the street at the stop sign intersection!


The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done in Europe! Enjoy!  :)

Fish's mom builds him a wheelchair and kisses him like a puppy (The Dodo)

Baby donkey left to die now gets zoomies with her mom (The Dodo)

Wildwood flower - Maybelle Cartier (Live 1961)

Honesty - Billy Joel (official video)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

68 comments:

  1. Gracias de verdad por tus citas que nos alimentan mucho

    Paz

    Isaac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mental health is just as important as physical health and yes, thank God for cats! Oh Linda, that squirrel is so cute and friendly. Indeed he posed very nicely for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many good thoughts on mental health. I'm thankful it gets more attention now and I feel there is less stigma attached.
    The fish is amazing! The squirrel is cute, he really did pose for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purramedics are sometimes the best!! You always choose wisely!! Have a blessed rest of the week!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I try my best to look at things positively. some days that is easier than others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good day Linda, thank you for your 3 photos taken using your cell phone. You must have a kind aura surrounding you. That is why the squirrel pose for you 💕 🐿️

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter has a new kitten and sends me pictures every day. They make me smile no matter how I'm feeling...so I am definitely thankful for cats! And I love Billy Joel songs. He's from my town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some very true and thoughtful quotes. And those cats - so cute. I love cats (but you already know that). Take good care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so neat that the squirrel posed for you! I love to watch squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Depression in men is horribly underdiagnosed. Both my daughters have depression issues whereas I do not. My late husband was one of the latter but unwilling to do anything about it. My cat is great for my state of mind! She loves me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good topic. Mental health is something that I don’t think about. It;s good to be reminded.

    Fun For Laughs vid too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. morning greetings from malaysia..currently i'm in cyberjaya (50 min drive from my place) to send my car for tyre rotation service. for today, i choose this quote: Everything is figureoutable.! the pic of that li squirrel is so cute and adorable!! take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing in this world can torment you as much as your own thoughts. THAT IS SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!
    And be on the lookout for children in the street and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As Danny and I arrived at our doctor's office this afternoon, we observed at the gas station across the way a man who seemed to be dressed in hospital scrub garb with wrist tags on him acting erratically. Danny said he thought the man was begging for a light for his cigarette. When we departed from the doctor's office, there were two police cars and that man was being arrested. All of us need to pay closer attention to the need for mental wellness and healing in our society. May God help us all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ya lo dijo el genial Francisco de Goya: El sueño de la razón, produce monstruos...
    Un saludo, amiga

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank Bastet for cats indeed. I would have been/be lost without them calming me down a lot of times when my brain goes overboard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Linda, I like the word 'figureoutable.' We say 'uitvogelen,' which can’t really be translated :D Having dealt with depression my whole life, I know what you’re talking about. I like your photos :) Wishing you a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the photo of the squirrel on the path.
    The thrown bucket of water was very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know they can be pesky, but I have always had a soft spot for squirrels. Wonderful photos, Linda and thank you for brightening my day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you surprised that squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning, dear Linda. Beautiful inspirations today. Cute squirrel. We have two living in our garden :) Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Honesty, such a pretty song 🎶
    This caught my eye: "mental health is more about wellness rather than sickness" It really makes a difference which viewpoint you take. The thought of wellness brings us hope and positive thoughts ❤️
    Have a great day 🐈‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful sayings these are, Linda.
    Mental health is just as important as physical health, I completely agree with that.
    I love squirrels, and I enjoy photographing them too.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely quotes. Cats helps for many things. Nice photo of the squirrel, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Linda, what important quotes you’ve found again—I really need them right now to find strength; thank you so much for sharing them!
    The photo of the squirrel is so cute, and it shows just how important signs like that are—it’s a wonderful initiative.
    The videos are great, too!
    Have a wonderful rest of the week,hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute squirrel, they always delight.
    Mental and physical health needs a good night's sleep, outdoor activities and good nutrition. And also that a person lives according to their conscience and knows how to laugh - also at themselves.
    But the disease can surprise anyone, luckily nowadays the treatment is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am most definitely thankful for my purrfect furry feline family 🐈‍⬛🐈💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Linda,
    Mental health is important! Great images and memes.
    Cute squirrel images. Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Sweet Dreams cat really caught my eye and I love the one that says everything is figureoutable.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gatos e frases muito lindas e precisamos estar atentos à saúde mental! beijos, chica

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bom dia minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado por suas maravilhosas reflexões. A minha preferida é "Você pode ter que lutar uma batalha mais de uma vez". Obrigado pela visita e comentário, espero que esteja tudo bem com você e seus familiares em Montreal, uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good memes about mental health Linda. Just for laughs...lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. That cat is so cute. Yes, the scenery is beautiful and calming. It's really important to take care of your mental health.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am thankful cats are on the internet, dear friend Linda - not the same but my only chance....
    Yes, my thoughts... To healing and solutions...
    No to medication. It made me sick, I warned my Brother, he takes it, too, as his wife and I hear nothing anymore. They have two kids.
    Therapy, yes, meds.... And on top their cat passed away.
    Cute squirrel. Haha... ca c´est pour rire! I watched it twice!
    To Angela! And Baby!!! And humans helping.
    With that much love and now really warm hugs on the way, 37C expected, yippeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I laughed at figureoutable :D
    Aww I do need a purramedic :) I am feeling better already!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's important to realize that people's mental health problems often have external cause - injustice, inequality, bullying, discrimination... We have to pay attention to people's mental health and also to these injustices in order to make lives better. There is no shame in seeking help, and there is no shame in combatting the roots of these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  37. There are lots of good words above!!!! The video made me laugh! Love the little squirrel. Sometimes the littlest thing can make our day.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Linda! It's so great that the stigma of mental health issues is considerably less today than when I was younger!

    Maybe that squirrel was hoping for a treat. 😁

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Squirrels are such crazy animals!
    Here in my country they put bumps in the road 50m ahead of schools to make drivers slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The attitude toward mental health issues has improved but there is still so much misunderstanding. I am thankful for the help available.

    ReplyDelete
  41. There are a lot of good quotes regarding mental health. "Nothing in this world can torment you as much as your own thoughts." Boy, don't I know it!?! Enjoy your day sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Me gustaron tus citas sobre las enfermedades mentales y estoy de acuerdo en que sean tratadas como las demás.
    La ardilla debe estar habituada a las personas ya que suelen ser muy nerviosas y no paran.
    El pequeño buche de no haberlo tratado creo hubiera muerto.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  43. That first picture and text will melt everyone's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are excellent, and I can especially relate to the one about our thoughts tormenting us. I'm so grateful those instances are extremely rare nowadays. Hugs, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Nothing in this world can torment you as much as your own thoughts. - so very true. It's important that we take care of our mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  46. "figureoutable"... What a great word!

    ReplyDelete
  47. A purramedic, that is just right for a sweet cat.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Adorabili i gatti delle prime due foto

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have sent your "purramedic" caption to a dear friend who loves cats. Stay strong in the heat and humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love squirrels, dear Linda! I never see them...
    Slow down for everyone...!
    The gag -> they all smile!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Absolutely awesome comments on mental health. Very true statements about our thinking positive thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you for brightening up my already bright day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lindo, moje kamarádka si pořídila kočku a bude z ní chovatelka. ☺ Tak uvidím, jak to zvládne.
    Veverku jsi hezky vyfotila a značka Pozor, děti - je potřebná a francouzskému popisu rozumím!
    Přeji ti hezký den!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hello! Thanks for sharing! That squirrel!!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Those kitties have to help anyone's mental health. That squirrel too. I know it can be a battle, but any battle can be won with patience and going through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hello Linda
    Many thanks for your post, I enjoyed seeing what you've shared.
    That squirrel posed very nicely for you.
    Enjoy these last two days of July.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  57. Adorei as frases;
    Que graça o esquilo posando para as fotos.
    Boa entrada de mês de agosto.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm not keen on squirrels at the moment. There's one that climbs up a tree just outside my house, and it heats the pinecones, dropping the bits it doesn't eat and leaving a huge mess. Every. Day. I am no amused.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Boa noite, querida Linda, sempre um show de postagem, com lindos e muito verdadeiros pensamentos!
    Gostei de todos, e saliento esse aqui:
    "Nada neste mundo pode te atormentar tanto quanto seus próprios pensamentos."
    Gostei muito também do vídeo da burrinha, e tudo o mais!
    Meu abraço e meu carinho daqui de longe!

    ReplyDelete
  60. 'What mental health needs is more sunlight'. I love that. And the 'sweet dreams' is so cute:) Thanks for sharing, Linda;)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hello Linda, thanks for the inspiring images and quotes that you share on your blog. I hope you are doing well with your swallowing issue. I haven't heard you mention that in a while. That squirrel posed for you, wow! Here, they usually scurry away when people are around, but they do chase each other on my lawn almost every day. That's an important sign near the school to remind people to slow down and watch out for the children. I wish you blessed August days, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Yes, we could all use a purramedic. 😊❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Your Mental Health

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...