Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Friendship

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!

You are strong enough.
                             The Latest Kate


What do you call a cat sleeping in your shoe? Puss in boots.  :)
                             Reader's Digest


A true friend is there during stormy times. Many friends will be there when times are good. It's during stormy times you find out who has your back - and your umbrella. - Karen Salmansohn
                         Karen Salmansohn


True friends are always together in spirit. - L.M. Montgomery
                             Reader's Digest


They love without words and stay without reason - that's true friendship.
                              Adobe Express


Stop holding onto people who keep letting go of you. Pay attention to faithful people, the ones you don't have to impress. The ones who always have your back. The ones who love you with no strings attached.
                            Karen Salmansohn


The better part of one's life consists of his friendships. - Abraham Lincoln
                             Reader's Digest


People who defend your name when you're not around are the most loyal friends you could ever have. 
                               Bright Drops


There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. - Thomas Aquinas
                             Little Yellow Star


But your best friend is still your best friend. Even from half a world away. Distance can't sever that connection. Best friends are the kind of people who can survive anything. And when best friends see each other again after being separated by half a world and more miles than you think you can bear, you pick up right where you left off. After all, that's what best friends do. - Unknown
                               Minds Journal


Blood makes you related, love makes you family. - Katie Reus
                              Bright Drops


Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend. - Bill Watterson
                              Bright Drops


Friends are medicine for a wounded heart and vitamins for a hopeful soul. - Steve Maraboli
         Pass It On, The Fountains for a Better Life


Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S. Lewis
                              Good Therapy


Friends are flowers in the garden of life. - Proverb
                              Floating Petals


Best friends make the good times better and the hard times easier.
                           Heather Stillufsen


True friends don't keep score. They show up whether you're winning or losing in life.
                               Intrepid Quips


The happiest people are the givers, not the takers.


The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Guy finds hermit crabs living in plastic and offers them new shells  :)  (The Dodo)

Woman rescues 10 year old fish and can't believe her eyes when he transforms  :)  (The Dodo)


Road without end - Jerry Scoggins (Theme song from the TV show The Littlest Hobo) This was the 1st one

Maybe Tomorrow - Terry Bush (Theme song from the TV show The Littlest Hobo) This was the 2nd one

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

118 comments:

  1. ...Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." I've had this happen a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many good things on friends! The fish video is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amizade é atemporal e sem barreiras geográficas.
    Belo post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the 2nd "Littlest Hobo" theme song very well, but the 1st one drew a blank -- don't remember it at all! One TV station here plays "Littlest Hobo" repeats early Sat/Sun mornings and so I often hear them in the background when the TV is on. Can't say I'm tempted to sit down and watch them again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how she finally throws that rock at the end of that first video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the wonderful reminders of friendship!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the positivity today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. morning dear linda!! i'm working from home this morning but will be attending a meeting in the office after lunch hour. for today, i choose this quote: Friends are flowers in the garden of life... thanks for being one of my virtual friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for another dose of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, friends are wonderful and it is so nice that with technology, you and I can be friends although were are in different countries! I have lost touch with many of my school/university friends and I feel the loss sometimes. I do miss those wonderful people who were in my life decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulous Linda, love what you post with so much interest. Thanks for always popping into my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although I don't believe in best friends, I do have many close friends and an active social life. I consider myself fortunate to have the connections I do! They are a blessing and a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quotes and words of wisdom—thank you for them; they help me move through life with greater awareness! Great vidios!
    Have a wonderful time. Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the video about the rescued goldfish. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Friends are flowers in the garden of life." - I LOVE that! Have a beautiful day, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quotes, Linda. Friendship is important.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning, Linda. Karen Salmansohn’s quote is so true—during tough times, you really discover who your true friends are. I lost many friends when things got difficult. Wishing you a beautiful week, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful thoughts about friendship, Linda 💚

    "Best friends make the good times better and the hard times easier."

    I liked that one, and in Finland we have this saying:

    "A joy shared is a joy doubled, a sorrow shared is a sorrow halved." ❤️🖤

    ReplyDelete
  19. Memes are good, love the puss in boots one.
    Just for laughs had me laughing especially at the end...lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Linda, I think you missed out one regular section in your post today. 😂 I keep scrolling up and down looking for it, thinking 🤔 that I have scrolled past that section. Have a good day to you! Or is it good night to you? I can't tell what time it is in Montreal now without using the internet to do so. 😆 One more day and then it is weekend again! Yay! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, I just checked the internet. Montreal is 3.15 am now. I think you are in sweet sweet Dreamland 💤😴
    Have a good relaxing sleep 😴😴😴

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful quotes, Linda.
    Friendship is very important in life.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lindo, přátelství je důležité téma. Mnohdy platí, co píšeš: Pravý přítel je tu v těžkých časech. Zrovna včera jsem si to ověřila.
    Díky a těším se na další téma. ╣╠ ☻

    ReplyDelete
  24. The best for me is: "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." - C.S. Lewis"

    ReplyDelete
  25. People who defend your name when you're not around are the most loyal friends you could ever have.
    The theme song I know from the Littlest Hobo is Maybe Tomorrow. Boy what a sad tv show it was! I would cry when he left!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great quotes and images Linda.
    A true friend is a joy!
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one."
    Those can be really special moments, especially if it's someone no one else could understand before.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I missed having a true friend. Used to have few during study days, but everybody has their own life now. My only best friend is my husband. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  29. Tudo lindo e a amizade é boa e faz bem! beijos, chica

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are great. Most of my friends are the blog kind that I’ve never met in person

    ReplyDelete
  31. I like all the friendship ones today and LOVE the goldfish recovery story.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful quotes and words of friendship

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love all the quotes about friendship. It is truly hard to find a really good friend who will stick with you through thick and thin. When you find one, you'd better keep it!! I love this post today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Bom.dia minha querida amiga Linda. A minha reflexão preferida é "Pare de se apegar a pessoas que te abandonam. Preste atenção em pessoas fiéis, aquelas que você não precisa impressionar. Aquelas que sempre te apoiam. Aquelas que te amam incondicionalmente. Uma excelente manhã de quinta-feira, para você e seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Once again wonderful post and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So many good ones! my favorite: "They love without words and stay without reason - that's true friendship". We haven't had a dog in a long time- but they are true friends.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Well, I reckon it is better to have poos than puss in your boots LOL

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVE LOVE those videos. That's me ... saving a fish! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for your beautiful and meaningful words. They are deeply relatable to life. Keep strong, keep motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Always exactly what resonates with me when you post your wise memes and videos! That must make us friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. De nuevo nos dejas una buena colección de frases de gran calado. pero creo que la numero seis es la que mas me gusto.
    Los videos maravillosos pero creo que el de la broma supera a los otros, aunque los de la serie también me gustan.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your posts make us happy. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I have had some good friends but perhaps not the definition of a best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  44. You are a dear blogger friend, and your post has brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Such great quotes regarding friendships, Linda. I've always like the one by C. S. Lewis. How true is that?

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love all the quotes about friendship. I am glad you are my friend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Good to have friends in real life... Good to have friends in the blog world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Stormy times and umbrellas made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have a mug with the saying: "Friends are like the stars. You can't always see them, but you know they are there." :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I don't know where you find so many cute and meaningful memes. loved Puss n Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  51. A great selection of quotes Well done . Hope all is well Diane

    ReplyDelete
  52. A true friend is a blessing and a gift from God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Puss N Boots. LOL. That's purrfect:) Have a grand one, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Puss in boots made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love these. So many to share now too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. A wonderful tribute to friendship, Linda! I thought the hermit crab story was amazing, and then I watched the goldfish story ~ Wow. Too often people forget that we share our planet with countless sentient beings. All the best to you! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hello Linda, many thanks for all these quotes, a great collection.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  58. La amistad es un regalo. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I still have my friend that I grew up next door too, I moved away after getting married but we have kept in contact all these years later :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. nature always has a way of bringing a sense of calm...

    time really does pass so quickly
    this was a lovely reminder to slow down and enjoy the present...

    ReplyDelete
  61. Friendship is love that begins with oneself.
    Not everyone responds to it in the same way.
    One thinker said, that whoever is looking for the perfect friend, will be left without a friend.
    Trust is the most important thing in friendship.
    Thanks for the quotes.
    Have a nice weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thanks for celebrating friendship the way you do the best. Every time I visit here I go with back with a nugget. Today its : Best friends make the good times better and the hard times easier.

    ReplyDelete
  63. it's late afternoon here in malaysia when I drop by at your blog...this morning i went to clinic to bring my son to see a doctor as he's not well (ear problem). ok for today, i choose this quote: Friends are medicine for a wounded heart and vitamins for a hopeful soul. take care dear linda!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Bom dia, Linda
    Ótimas frases e vídeos. Destaco essa: "A melhor parte da vida de uma pessoa consiste em suas amizades." Abraham Lincoln. Jesus é o nosso fiel Amigo, de todos os momentos. Um forte abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  65. La frase sull'amicizia è tristemente vera

    ReplyDelete
  66. great post and I really like all these photos

    ReplyDelete
  67. To friendship, dear Linda. I was not so well, kinda, but all better now. So... sorry for being late. Hugs and love on the way.
    Sad with the crabs... glad there is help. And the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I really enjoyed all your quotes about friendship this week. I recently lost my last dog, so I was very touched by that one. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wonderful series of quotes on friendship ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  70. Friends are joy, love and sustenance. I loved these.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Dear Linda!
    A beautiful tribute to friendship. The quotes are great and the videos are excellent.
    Sending greetings from Poland:)

    ReplyDelete
  72. Gracias por compartir tus reflexiones, un abrazo desde el brillo del mar gu

    ReplyDelete
  73. Lovely post! I especially loved the video of the man providing shell homes for the hermit crabs!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hello Linda,
    Thank you, so many good ones. I do appreciate your uplifting posts. So many beautiful quotes about friendship. A true best friend is a blessing!!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  75. A wonderful post, Linda with lots of great quotes. Friends are a gift from God that help share our lives with.

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love all the quotes about friendship!! And the little video of old men and the moving rock....lol

    ReplyDelete
  77. Impresionantes, y muy certeras, tus citas sobre los amigos, sobre los verdaderos amigos. Sobre la amistad.
    Un abrazo, amiga

    ReplyDelete
  78. Life drifts friends apart, scattering them to other corners of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Blog muito criativo.
    Amei.


    Beijo,
    SOL da Esteva

    ReplyDelete
  80. Many of wonderful and so true quotes... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Reading through your selections feels like a quiet reminder of how meaningful true connection can be, and the blend of uplifting thoughts, gentle humor and heartfelt reflections makes the whole post feel comforting and sincere.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Pozdrawiam serdecznie z drugiego końca Świata ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  83. Love it all but Puss in Boots ....Brilliant and friendship, don't know where we would be without it xXx

    ReplyDelete
  84. Yes, dear Linda, I missed it, and such a nice one!
    I'm sorry...!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  85. The older I get the more I recognize the value of friendship. It's rare to find true friends.

    ReplyDelete
  86. So many wonderful friendship quotes. I am so very fortunate to have all my friends in thick and thin. This week we all celebrated our friend Jenny's cancer free status.

    ReplyDelete
  87. I loved that rescue goldfish video. I lost my childhood best friend to cancer 11 years ago. We met in 5th grade and remained friends, and your friendship quotes today reminded me of. how lucky I was to have her in my life for over 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  88. Boa noite minha querida amiga Linda. Passando para desejar uma excelente noite de sábado, bom final de semana para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  89. Thank you for visiting my blog. I was honored! I felt peace and good vibes on this visit to your space. Thank you so much for that!

    ReplyDelete
  90. The quote from Karen Salmansohn is so true. Stormy times have a way of showing us who our real friends are.

    ReplyDelete
  91. lovely quotes as always. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  92. Przyjaźń, to piękna rzecz. Różnie z nią bywa, zwłaszcza miedzy kobietami. Mężczyźni potrafią to lepiej, nie są małostkowi, jak się z kimś przyjaźnią, to całe życie. Na zwierzęta zawsze można liczyć. Ja też jestem ich fanką, pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Such a beautiful post and I think we all needed to hear this. Happy Sunday to you! Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
  94. Hi Linda,
    We are strong and can do hard things! I love that. I hope you're having a great weekend and enjoying the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoyed looking over yours. Some great positive thoughts here. May I add one? "True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False ones like autumn leaves, found everywhere.”

    ReplyDelete
  96. I have enjoyed reading all these little quotes and sayings. Thanks for putting them together and for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  97. Mir gefällt diesmal gleich der erste Spruch über die wahren Freunde besonders gut.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Awesome quotes! Thank you for all your kind words, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Hello, Linda! Thank you for sharing all the quotes on friendship. I am blessed to have experienced some good moments with friends throughout my life. I have had some come and go but I am thankful for those long lasting lifetime ones.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Lots of good quotes and memes about friendship. One of my favorites was the C.S. Lewis one about how friendships start.s.

    ReplyDelete
  101. Such a beautiful collection of friendship quotes to brighten the day. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  102. So many good ones in this post, dear Linda. I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Geniales como siempre Linda. Que tengas un feliz día.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Our friends are so important and I'm blessed to have two best friends, both of whom have been 'mine' for well over forty years.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I like the quotes on friendship in this post. It's indeed wonderful to have good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  106. Friendship is more quality than quantity. I have a couple of really close friends who mean everything to me.

    ReplyDelete
  107. thanks for being my friend in this virtual world. "They love without words and stay without reason - that's true friendship."!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Thoughts, Joy and Giggles

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...