Sunday, August 9, 2026

Look for the Good

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Here are today's picks, which I hope will brighten your day!
                             Alley Cat Allies


We are such stuff as dreams are made on, rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare The Tempest
                               The Cat Site


A quick blind-spot check prevents a lifelong regret. Drive safe. Stay safe.
                              Safe Road Life


We become what we think about. - Earl Nightingale
                             Everyday Power


Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice. - Stephen Covey
                        The Budding Optimist


When someone does something good, applaud! You will make two people happy. - Samuel Goldwyn
                        The Budding Optimist


Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. - Lyndon B. Johnson
                        The Budding Optimist


Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.
                                Natural Life


Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty. - John Ruskin
         Pass It On, The Foundation for a Better Life


We rise by lifting others.
                                 Natural Life


Do not give up. There's a magnetic energy you create when you become determined and committed. The universe rewards the decisive. 
                            Karen Salmansohn


Stress makes your mind messy. Take time to cool off and chill out.
                           Karen Salmansohn


Sometimes you must accept when something is truly broken. Instead of hoping to make it better, choose to create something better. If you try to fix it, you can get hurt. The sooner you let go of what's broken the sooner you can begin anew.
                           Karen Salmansohn


It's okay if you don't like me. Not everyone has good taste. - Unknown  :)
                             Reader's Digest


My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and what misses me was never meant for me. - Iman Shafi
                          Karen Salmansohn


Sometimes you just have to talk with a 5 year old to remind yourself what true happiness is all about.  :)
                          Karen Salmansohn


An optimist is the human personification of spring. - Susan J. Bissonette
                            Skip to my Lou


Don't let anyone tell you there is no room to bloom.
                            Skip to my Lou


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on a beautiful rainy day! You can click on any image to see a larger view.


I took this photo from across the street and zoomed in. This is the top of an office building. The flag on the left is a Canada flag (red and white with the maple leaf) The flag on the right is a Quebec flag (blue and white with the fleur de lis)


The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)

A stray cat chose a 1,500 pound steer as his best friend :) (FurEver Friends)

Hand feeding and playing with a friendly platypus :)
(Cute Creatures Great and Small)

Heal the World - Michael Jackson

I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

119 comments:

  1. Oh yes, Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" is a beloved classic Gay Pride anthem, the lyrics understood not as a response to an individual, but as a response to a rejecting society or culture as a whole. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to find the good in every situation. Some are harder than others, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda, I hope you've had a good weekend.
    Thank you for your post.
    A great selection for us.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda - you have filled the page with so much wisdom and joy today. As I was reading through these, I was reminded of my teenage years when we used to get posters and hang them on our bedroom walls. I feel like some of these should be printed and put on my walls as a regular reminder. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gag was simple and effective.
    I didn't know our platypus could be hand fed and playful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! Look for the good and see the positives! A great way to start Monday, eh? That orange cat in your first photo is just like my Girl. I love the flowers to took using your phone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My visits here are always so uplifting, Linda! Thank you for always finding just the right words and images that I didn't know I needed until you put them here!! Have a blessed and happy week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate all the happiness thoughts today. I am embarking on looking for something to be happy about every day this month, and really it's not that difficult when you look for the happiness instead of the doom and gloom in life. There really is SO much more to be happy about than not. I loved all of your choices today. This made me happy too! have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Natural Life meme, "we rise by lifting others". Have you ever gotten their catalog? They have some of the best sayings printed on t-shirts and other items.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cellphone shots! The flowers look so vibrant and refreshing after the rain...thanks for sharing Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent. I loved everything, especially this one: "Sometimes you just have to talk with a 5 year old to remind yourself what true happiness is all about." 💛 The yellow flowers that look like dandelions are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...it's okay if you don't like me. Not everyone has good taste! I LOVE IT! Take care and be well, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  13. morning greetings from kuala lumpur. I'm in the office now, doing some work. for today, i choose this quote: Don't let anyone tell you there is no room to bloom.! thanks for always sharing lovely motivational quotes :) take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true about stress! Thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the wonderful quotes and photos, Linda! The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your quotes and sayings; I can always draw strength from them and they make me smile—they really touch my heart. Thank you so much for the effort you put into this! Your own photos are so beautiful—the flowers and the picture of the sky. I hope everything is okay with you; I saw the news about the fire on TV!
    Take care,sending you a big hug, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  17. The red cat in the first picture is so adorable! I love your flowers and the flag photo is a great shot! Wishing you a peaceful week, Linda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. John Ruskin's quote is particularly noteworthy when you consider that he was, in fact, an art critic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those who do not think do not become.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "it's okay if you don't like me. Not everyone has good taste!" Yes, we're not contributing much to the world if we can't be who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning, Linda. I go for nature. Like you said, nature paints for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty. Nothing can beat nature :) Have a great week, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me gustaría ver el mundo igual que tú.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really liked "Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears".
    "It's okay if you don't like me. Not everyone has good taste." - I laughed at this one! I'll be using this!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Linda.
    Your photos are beautiful.
    This quote is my favorite.
    Sometimes you have to accept that something is truly broken. Instead of hoping to make it better, you choose to create something better. If you try to fix it, you might hurt yourself. The sooner you let go of what is broken, the sooner you can start over.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  25. For weeks we are waiting for beautiful rainy days, dear Linda...
    How funny, the gag, on a Monday morning...! :-)
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely collection of quotes. So inspiring. Thank you for sharing and for your hard work. Liuba x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for Gloria Gaynor, it's one of my very favourite songs and I WILL survive.

    ReplyDelete
  28. "Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty." So true.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many good ones today. I like the dandelions and Queen Anne’s Lace

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, Linda!

    That reminder to always check your vehicle's blind-spot before changing lanes is extremely valuable. Countless lives could be saved, and countless heartbreaks, if only motorists remembered to look in their rear-view and side-view mirrors for approaching traffic. I cannot pinpoint the exact time but, somewhere along the line, people adopted the notion that applauding evil and cruelty rather than goodness was the cool thing to do. When it feels so good to be kind and supportive and to praise someone for their good deeds, why do so many people choose instead to withhold praise or even attempt to tear that person down? We indeed rise when we lift others up. I agree that nature paints for us pictures of infinite beauty. Why then do so many forget to look and appreciate, unwilling to divert their attention from their electronic gadgets? I also support the memes that urge us to overcome inertia that keeps us frozen in fear and take decisive action toward achieving our goals and realizing our dreams. Just getting started in a new direction, taking the first baby steps and noting our progress gives us a burst of energy and enthusiasm. Good on you for taking those pictures of flower blossoms and reminding us that a rainy day is beautiful in its own way. Your Just for Laughs Gag has me smiling with amusement as it slowly dawns on each citizen that the copper checking their credentials is pranking them. I was touched by the story of the stray kitty and the steer. It is so true. A new and wonderful friendship can sometimes be forged if you overcome doubt and fear and take the first step. I can't remember ever watching a platypus video. That adorable little critter loves to flip over and have his belly rubbed. Remarkable footage! I also appreciated the uplifting songs by Michael Jackson and Gloria Gaynor to close the show for today. My favorite Gloria Gaynor song is on YouTube. Look for the 1975 video of Gloria and her backing group on a skyscraper rooftop performing one of her earliest hits, "Honey Bee." Thank you very much for another feel-good post, dear friend Linda. I am back with a new post of my own at Shady's Place and invite you to come over for a visit when time permits. Have a wonderful week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A wonderful collection of quotes, well done. I hope all is well. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  32. Nice seeing some of your photos again.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Linda, yay! I managed to find the section today 😁
    Thank you for the 3 photos from your cell phone. The yellow flowers and white flowers are lovely. The two flags are flying majestically on the building. Have a good week ahead 💕😊

    ReplyDelete
  34. Good morning Linda, 🌞 wishing you a magnifying Monday! Have a good week ahead 💕

    ReplyDelete
  35. All the memes and quotes are good. Your photos are nice as always.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very inspiring and beautiful pictures. My favorite today is We become what we think about.- thanks

    ReplyDelete
  37. "Sometimes you just have to talk with a 5 year old to remind yourself what true happiness is all about. :)"

    We went biking with a neighbourhood, older than 5, but still a kid. He was very happy to ride with us. Talked and babbled to whole way.

    ReplyDelete
  38. "We become what we think about" So true!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These are good ones Linda. :-D

    Thanks for all your lovely comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  40. Linda, you make me laugh every time. Not everyone has good taste! LOL. And of course I love all the critters!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. stress makes your mind messy, lol. So very true! so lovely to see you this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for the positivity on a gloomy, hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ah, rainy days, what a bliss, we have not had a single drop of rain in two months now, even trees are whistling after dogs in the streets...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful Linda, Happy new week
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  45. We rise by lifting others. That is so true! Lovely flower photos, Linda. You are surrounded by beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  46. De las grandes frases que nos dejas hoy me quedo con esa que nos dice que el pasado no regresa y que lo que podemos cambiar es el futuro y también la que nos dice que la naturaleza nos regala unas imágenes preciosas.
    La foto del edificio de las banderas de no haberlo dicho pensaría en la de otro lugar.
    Los videos geniales; el de la broma del policía con distintos sombreros típicos muy divertido, los de los animales me encantaron.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a delightful post. Lots of Awww's.

    I linked this post to my Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  48. Muito boas, Linda, as imagens e as frases. Esta me agradou particularmente: "Milagres começam a acontecer quando você dedica tanta energia aos seus sonhos quanto aos seus medos."; comigo, assim aconteceu. Meu abraço, boa semana!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Another lovely collection from your blog! I always enjoy these cheerful posts because they are such a nice little escape from everyday routine. The combination of beautiful images, positive messages, and fun little moments always brings a smile to my face. Thank you for sharing and brightening the day!

    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  50. I wonder how many don't check their blind spots because we have electronic gadgets on our cars that alert us. I don't trust them though! Finding the good and trying to be happy are key ingredients to serenity. And cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. "It's okay if you don't like me. Not everyone has good taste." I'm rolling with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you, Linda, for always brightening my day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Some of these really hit home for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh, wow, those rainy day shots of Montreal instantly transport me right back to cozy afternoons watching storms roll in, especially since I adore anything tied to nature's quiet beauty! That John Ruskin quote regarding daily masterpieces hits home. Seeing the stray cat buddying up with a massive steer brings a huge smile. Thanks for filling this space with pure sunshine today.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I always enjoy seeing the photos that you snap while you enjoy your strolls, Linda. Thank you so much for brightening my day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Happy Monday, Linda! Thank you for sharing the quotes and your photos. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Very pretty flowers. Hope you're having a groovy week.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the platypus. What a funny creature!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the orange cats. My daughter has one and he is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love that song by Gloria Gaynor, so positive.
    I always visit here not knowing what I will find but always leave feeling that I have been blessed with your quotes, videos, pictures and photos. Thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I use to have an orange cat, he was lots of fun. Thanks for this wonderful post and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  62. That cute platypus is just what I needed on a stressful Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Υπέροχη και πολυεπίπεδη ανάρτηση, η οποία αναδεικνύει τον ανθρωπισμό που τόσο χρειαζόμαστε σήμερα.
    Παράλληλα, σας ευχαριστώ θερμά για το υπέροχο σχόλιό σας στο ιστολόγιό μου.
    Τους πιο θερμούς χαιρετισμούς από την Ελλάδα.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful quotes, so uplifting. I especially like "Happiness, like unhappiness, is a proactive choice" - Stephen Covey. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  65. A lovely collection of thoughts and reminders, Linda. “Look for the Good” is such a simple idea, but one worth remembering, especially when so much around us seems determined to draw our attention in the opposite direction. Thank you for sharing a little positivity with us. Warm regards.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hello Linda,
    Great images and inspiring words. Pretty flowers!
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Me gusta pasar por aquí y disfrutar de los dichos, vídeos y consejos que compartes con todos.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  68. That John Ruskin quote is so true! Thank you for sharing such brightness. Sending a warm meow and a smile your way today.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Nice photos of flags. I like your motivational quotes and pics as well.

    ReplyDelete
  70. some good words of wisdom there Linda. You should find one about traffic lights; to remind people a red light means stop........

    ReplyDelete
  71. i enjoy the emphasis on choosing happiness, letting go of what no longer serves us & continuing to bloom despite difficult moments...

    ReplyDelete
  72. Thank you, once again, Linda. I know you spend hours searching out these wonderful quotes and it's appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I liked the optimistic quote of Lyndon Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  74. The Readers Digest one made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  75. I have two favorites today - Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears - and - We rise by lifting others! Have a great day my blogger friend.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Linda such a special video of the cat and cow. I always enjoy seeing those special videos that feature sweet pets. Hope you are having a lovely day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Several good thoughts to ponder, as well as animal photos. I never tire of those.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Aunque tengo que traducir, me gustan tus reflexiones y videos.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  79. Hello dear friend. I am happy to be here again!

    ReplyDelete
  80. It's okay if you don't like me. Not everyone has good taste. - Unknown :)

    Hee Hee, Linda, this one was fun!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  81. What an amazing quote by Lyndon Johnson. And the vid of the stray cat and steer made my heart smile. Thank you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  82. I'm admiring the cheery yellow flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  83. agree that: "We rise by lifting others..."
    have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  84. Lovely flower pictures! I disagree however that happiness and unhappiness are proactive choices. Many, many people are unhappy because of circumstances they themselves cannot in any way influence. That choice has been taken away from them.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Eu amo os gatos laranjas, eles são tão lindos e expressivos!!
    E as flores amarelas? Belíssimas e repletas de vida!!
    Amo muito tudo isso!!
    Beijos e uma semana maravilhosa!!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Orange kitties! Love it. And I love the cat and cow video, too.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Wonderful positive sayings. I do believe that you choose happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I always enjoy all the quotes you find, but there are two that really spoke to me today. The first one is that we become what we think about. The second one is the one that says that we rise by lifting others. They're both so profound, and feel that they really speak to the issues we're facing these days around the world. Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  89. We rise by lifting others... good one!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Thank you for sharing these lovely quotes, videos, and photos with us, Linda. I really enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  91. Thank you for the beautiful words that gave me encouragement and motivation. The flower in the picture is so beautiful. What kind of flower is it? The yellow and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for letting me know replied on my blog.

      Delete
  92. Hallo aus Kassel, Hessen, Deutschland. Danke für deinen Besuch bei mir.Deine Sprüche gefallen mir alle sehr gut,echte Mutmacher.Insgesamt eine sehr interessante Mischung.
    Herzlich
    Pippi

    ReplyDelete
  93. Amazing positivity, choosing happiness is the way!! Thank you for sharing and Happy Wednesday!!! ✨🐈🐾🐈✨

    ReplyDelete
  94. dear Linda!
    what a blessed soul are to pick up such beauty and goodness and share it with world to brighten our hearts and uplift our spirits :)
    i really enjoyed it so much !
    this is lovely how i feel enriched and empowered when return from your blissful place :)🥹❤️

    ReplyDelete
  95. You offer us all positivity and hope and encouragement, Linda! Thank you for your posts that add so much to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Hello Linda,
    Nice pictures.
    And what a funny movies.

    Many greetings,
    Marco

    ReplyDelete
  97. Obrigado pelos estímulos de hoje.

    ReplyDelete
  98. "It's okay if you don't like me. Not everyone has good taste" - tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  99. "Not everyone has good taste" is another fun one, dear Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Th quote about the optimist reminds me of my mom. She was a spring baby and an eternal optimist. Thank you for bringing that memory of her to the front of my mind today, Linda! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  101. I do believe we need to be more kind to one another, there would be so much more happiness in the world. giving a smile to those you pass by can be a lot.
    Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Qué buenas imágenes y vídeos, los gatitos son un encanto. Saludos desde España

    ReplyDelete
  103. I like your theme of looking for the good, and John Ruskin's quote that "Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty." So true. Like the pretty flower pictures you took with your cell phone.
    I also really liked the quote about "My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and what misses me was never meant for me." That is definitely the right outlook to have.

    ReplyDelete
  104. Lots of great quotes, but I especially love the story of Walter and Brian and the darling platypus video.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Your uplifting mix of quotes, photos, and joyful moments creates such a warm space to pause and breathe, and the bright flowers, playful videos, and thoughtful reminders come together beautifully to encourage me to slow down, notice the small joys, and keep choosing a positive outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  106. This is a good collection. Some really need to be in front of a lot more people.

    ReplyDelete
  107. the flowers pictures that u took are all cute! and i love this quote: Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose! indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Todas las citas me han gustado, gracias por ellas. Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Thoughts, Joy and Giggles

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...