Family friendly personal blog. A very warm welcome to you! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. My purpose for having this blog is to offer a place of serenity, encouragement and to hopefully brighten your day from the hustle and bustle of life. This is a blog where everyone is welcome, and all ages are welcome. From near or far, children to the elderly, I hope to provide in my posts a chance for you to relax, smile, laugh or just take time to unwind, to live in the moment.
Wednesday, August 26, 2026
Do Good
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! My next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day.
Everything is on fire, but everyone I love is doing beautiful things and trying to make life worth living, and I know I don't have to believe in everything, but I believe in that. - Nikita Gill
I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become. - Carl Jung
Do good for others. It will come back in unexpected ways.
You should never do good deeds for others because you want to be rewarded for it. You should do good deeds for others because it makes you feel good to give and it's the right thing to do. - Written and created by Dave Hodges
Do good things whether others notice or not. It's the deeds that matter, not the size of your audience. Good morning.
The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to them their own. - Benjamin Disraeli
If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then you are an excellent leader. - Dolly Parton (RIP Dolly)
If we don't feel grateful with what we already have, what makes us think we will be happy with more?
They don't want our houses, our cars or our money. They only want a small corner of this earth where they can live in peace.
Every stray deserves a chance at love, a home and a warm bed to sleep at night. - Penny Reid, The Player and the Pixie
Quota
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia
As the sun rises, so does your potential. Embrace it and let it lead you to greatness.
Good morning. Chase the sun, not shadows. Let your heart be bold, your spirit brave and your mind focused on achieving greatness today.
Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. - Elizabeth Andrew
Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world. - Desmond Tutu
No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. - Charles Dickens
Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are. - Marianne Williamson
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don't wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. - Barack Obama
Good night! Sleep well and sweet dreams. :)
The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. It was a beautiful day!!!
Harvey's is a Canadian fast food restaurant.
You can click on any image to see a larger view.
La Belle Province is a Quebec fast food restaurant. "La Belle Province" is Quebec's motto, meaning "the pretty province". Quebec has two mottoes. "The pretty province" and "Je me souviens" which means "I remember."
The Gibeau Orange Julep is a Montreal icon! It is best known for the drink "orange Julep, which is how it got its name. Orange Julep originated right here in Montreal
It is another fast food restaurant.
If you wish to learn more about this Montreal icon, here is a link to their website. Gibeau Orange Julep
Just a couple of photos of flowers I found on my walks here in Montreal, taken with my cellphone.
The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy! :)
Rescue rooster sleeps in bed and wakes up his mom every morning :) (The Dodo)
Bird frozen to metal fence gets rescued by kind man (The Dodo)
It's a lovely day today - Polly Bergen (The Ed Sullivan Show)
Little darling - The Kim Brothers and the Kim Sisters (The Ed Sullivan Show)
Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do Good
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me here. I really app...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for stopping by today! Here are today's picks,...
-
Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time to come and visit me here. I rea...























Linda! Look how early this has posted today. I was surprised.
ReplyDeleteOnce again, you have so many good things. I do love all the cute kitties. I really like the quote about getting up and doing something when you are feeling hopeless.
Have a good night. :)
Linda reflexión. Te mando un beso.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! When you do good helping others, you will also feel good when you see the joy in their faces. Oh, I must find out what is julep. I have heard of it before when watching TV. I know it's some sort of drink. The flowers in your photo are lovely. I know the yellow one is Marigold but I don't know the name of the pretty purple ones.
ReplyDeleteOlá Linda! Fazer o bem para os outros também é um bem que fazemos para nos mesmos. Belas mensagens 🩷
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, what memories that song with the Kim brothers and sisters brings back, It's is a real oldie.
ReplyDeleteYour flower photos are beautiful, as is that photo with the sky.
I'm craving Harvey's after seeing your photo. LOL. Thanks for the visit.
ReplyDeleteA purrfect post 😻
ReplyDeleteLove seeing snippets of Montreal in your photos.
I've heard of Harvey's, but never been!! Might have to take a trip one of these days.
ReplyDelete