Sunday, September 6, 2026

Heart to Heart

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come and visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much!

You will notice at the top right column of my blog you can now choose to receive my latest blog post by email! You can simply add your email address and you should receive an email when my new blog post(s) appear! You can also follow my blog with Feedly. I only post twice a week, so you will receive these notices twice a week. I decided to offer this option to those of you who wish to be notified of my latest blog posts. Thank you so much!

My next post will appear on my blog on Wednesday at 7 pm Eastern Standard Time. 

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!

I am a cataholic. And I regret nothing.  :)


Samantha - Lucie Bilodeau, Artist

Good days will always come again.



Everyone has some baggage...we can use it to grow and journey to new places or let it weigh us down.
Princess Sassy Pants & Co.


If we could look into each other's hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance and care. - Marvin J. Aston
HeartMath


The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. - Eric Hoffer
We are Teachers


When we turn to one another for counsel we reduce the number of our enemies.
HeartMath



The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there. - Robert M. Pirsig
HeartMath


Our heart warmth is the signature of our authenticity when communicating with others and all of life. - Doc Childre
HeartMath


Animals have hearts that feel, eyes that see and families to care for, just like you and me. - Anthony Douglas Williams, Inside the Divine Pattern


May life treat you the way you treat animals.
I Love Dogs


It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal.
I Love Dogs


If you want to know someone's true character, watch how they treat animals.

Don't forget to notice the people who make an effort to stay in your life.
Heartfelt Quotes


It's okay if some days feel heavier than others. Take a deep breath and be gentle with yourself.

Pineapple cream smoothie.
1 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup milk.


Goodnight my friend.  :)

The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view.
This first photo is of a tour bus I happened to see and decided to take the photo.

These last three photos are of a cute squirrel I came across. Yes, I talk to them! LOL! This is why you see the squirrel looking at me in the photos. :)



The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Dog too scared to be touched learns to trust with help from a shark plushie  :) (The Dodo)

Man finds paralyzed hummingbird on garage floor (The Dodo)

Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers (Official audio)

Rhinestown Cowboy - Glen Campbell

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear immediately.

93 comments:

  1. I talk to squirrels, too, Linda. Actually, I talk to all the animals.
    I'm not sure whether I'm a cataholic, but I do love cats and for some reason they do come to me. My neighbors jokingly call my garden "cat central". The only one who didn't like that was Kibeau as the ruler of this empire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yes Linda, you all have baggage, I preferr to travel through life, LIGHT!!! The Pineapple cream smoothie lookls like as great treat, we should dig out our blender. Take care and be well until the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda
    Another great post.
    I like your squirrel photographs. Squirrels visit the garden here and I do enjoy watching their antics.
    Two very nice music choices today ... thank you.

    Sending good wishes across the miles.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wonder what happened to "my " squirrel....
    Oh, that dog-story sure is touching, dear friend Linda! And the Hummingbird.....
    Have a great new week, warm hugs and love on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. morning greetings from kuala lumpur. haze still persists today..hopefully the weather will be better soon. for today, i choose this quote: If we could look into each other's hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance and care...i love the cute squirrels in the pics that u took. so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda - I decided to just come over and see what you had today. I'll still let you know when it shows on my feed.
    I really like the ones from heart math today - so much loving wisdom!
    The pineapple smoothie sounds so good! I saved it.
    Your squirrels are cute. I talk to them here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boa noite minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. Hoje a minha reflexão preferida é "Todos nós carregamos alguma bagagem...podemos usá-la para crescer e viajar para novos lugares ou deixar que elas nos sobrecarregue". Uma excelente noite de domingo, bom início de semana e um grande abraço carioca para você e todos os seus familiares no Canadá. Suas fotos ficaram maravilhosas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures of animals 🐿️
    Let's talk to them and be friends with them.
    Have a wonderful day, dear Linda 💚❤️🧡

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Linda, Pineapple cream smoothie is deliciously refreshing 😋🤤 I would love to drink a glass of it now 😋

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweetly the squirrel is looking at you,those are great photos! Thanks for the good quotes and videos! good week, hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Linda for the photos of the squirrel 🐿️ and the red bus. The squirrel 🐿️ must be tame because didn't run away when you took photos. 💕 Have a good week ahead! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like one of those pineapple smoothies now, please.
    I talk to all animals. My cat thinks I'm a blabbermouth ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coucou !
    Un grand merci pour ce beau moment de partage "cœur à cœur". Les citations sur la bienveillance et les animaux sont tellement justes et inspirantes !
    Les clichés de Montréal, avec ce petit écureuil sont adorables. Merci également pour la pause musicale et la recette gourmande.
    Très belle semaine !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonjour , voilà une page très fournie et très interessante , toutes ces petites phrases sont à méditer ,
    Bravo pour tes photos de l'écureuil
    Bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  15. Je pense avoir validé mon commentaire sans mes identifiants ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a cataholic too, Linda :) Thank you for a wonderful post! The squirrel is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are good and good days will certainly come again, patience.
    I like your photos, the bus and squirrels, good way to get them to look at you by talking to them I suppose as we don't have them here.
    Just for laughs...lol
    Nice post Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The squirrel knows an animal lover when he sees one ♥ So cute! Have a beautiful day, Linda.
    p.s. thank you so much for your advice re blogger issues. That's very kind of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These graphics have a terrific way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It amazed me that you could capture photos on squirrel. The squirrel I see at the park here usually runs everytime I point my handphone to take its photo. 😁 Have a great day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bellas fotografias, bien comentadas y excelente música para rematar este magnífico postaje.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful quotes, Linda.
    The one below is really beautiful and also true.
    If you want to get to know someone's true character, look at how that person treats animals.
    I think your photos are beautiful.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  23. Squirrels are such fun and crazy little creatures, hope you gave them some hazelnuts for munching.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Es war wieder schön hier zu sein. Es gibt immer etwas Interessantes zu entdecken. Das Video mit dem Kolibri ging mir richtig ans Herz .
    Liebe Grüße von Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another lovely collection of thoughts and little moments, Linda. I especially liked the quote about how we treat animals revealing our true character, and your squirrel photos are adorable! The pineapple cream smoothie sounds delicious too. I always enjoy how your posts combine uplifting messages, cute animal moments and a little glimpse of life in Montreal

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh you had so many good things today it is hard to pick.
    If we could look into each other's hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance and care. - Marvin J. Aston
    Liked your little squirrel friend.
    That is very true,
    Loved Dolly Parton.
    Liked the cat with many colors - photo number two.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The thought "May life treat you the way you treat animals" resonated with me today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You always have such uplifing posts. Love them all. So beautiful.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Linda. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice quotes and I loved the micro wave joke !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so glad that I can comment again. :) It was awful not to be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sweet and lovely cat... I wish you nice day ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely quotes!
    The squirrel is soooooo cute!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Out of all of these, the Charlie Brown quote was my favorite. I like the delightful picture and quote. Peanuts characters always make me smile. I just made some Dolly Parton pumpkin spice cookies. Her baked goods are always so moist and yummy. You got some good pictures of the squirrel! I wish you a beautiful September, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What cute photos and warm and thoughtful memes.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Squirrels, dear Linda, always so cute. I just once saw one life...
    And I'm so hungry... ;-)
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's okay if some days feel heavier than others. Take a deep breath and be gentle with yourself. ...This time I feel perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute squirrels! I love the quotes, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your photos are so good Linda, well done capturing the squirrel.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. "The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands, and then work outward from there. - Robert M. Pirsig". Yes! We are never powerless.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Time spent with a cat is never wasted... Sigmund Freud

    ReplyDelete

  41. “May life treat you the way you treat animals.”
    I confess that I tend to feel this way.

    ReplyDelete
  42. It is always such a sweet visit here!! Hope you are enjoying the long weekend, and have a week ahead full of blessings! xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. I always feel better when I read your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. The cat knows how to pose for the camera! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  45. "If we could look into each other's hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us face, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance and care." Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I suspected you were a cataholic, but fortunately, it's an addiction that doesn't require treatment.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love all the animals and quotes. That squirrel is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yay, you got the email subscription working. I hope it wasn't too hard to get it set up.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am also a cat - aholic! I have two, but would gladly have more.

    ReplyDelete
  50. As you well know I am cataholic 🐈‍⬛🐈
    Loved seeing the squirrel, haven't seen one since I moved to Australia 🐿️

    ReplyDelete
  51. Another great post with nice inspirational selections.

    ReplyDelete
  52. It doesn't matter what time of day I pick up your posts, they always make me smile or help me reflect. I love the animal stories and the photos you take around your home city. Thank you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm a cataholic too, I love cats but currently don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  54. I read that first one and at first read catholic instead of cataholic. I was wondering what cats had to do with the catholic religion...lol

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hello Linda! I am late in visiting. I mis-read the Cataholic as Catholic LOL! I am very much a Cataholic :D Oh, that squirrel is so cute and its tail so bushy! I think it understands you hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
  56. morning greetings from kuala lumpur. i have a meeting after lunch, so i'm still at home while doing some blogwalking. this time i choose this quote: It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal...i love cats although i don't have them as pets at home. usually i play with stray cats at my workplace (university)

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm a cataholic too! And I'm Mari's person too. I agree about carrying too much baggage. It's hard to travel enjoyably through life when we are dealing with too much heaviness.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi Linda! I'll be back blogging in about a week or so. In the meantime, I'm catching up with your posts that I missed while I was away. LOVE THAT SQUIRREL!

    ReplyDelete
  59. cute squirrels! I enjoyed listening to the 'Islands in the stream' song that you shared here. I used to listen to that song as a kid. RIP Dolly Parton....

    ReplyDelete
  60. I remember following a couple on YouTube who rescued badly treated dogs, socialised them and then found homes for dogs. People can be so good...sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Hi Linda, oh my goodness the squirrels seem so friendly with you! I talk to squirrels too but they all just run and scamper away almost immediately. I guess the squirrels in Malaysia are all just unfriendly 🥲

    ReplyDelete
  62. We had a squirrel visit us this morning when it was cool out, he came up on our deck and didn't seem scared of us at all. I think he was heading to the bird feeder. I agree with the one that says if we knew what was going on in others life we would be so much nicer, I feel right now that so many people just don't have patience anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love how the squirrel posed for you -- clearly it knew you were a friend! The smoothie recipe looks delicious, and the quotes gave me a gentle reminder to slow down and appreciate the blessings around me.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Lovely to hear dear Dolly again, and they are indeed cute squirrels. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Lovely post Thank you, the squirrels know you are a friend to them dont they!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love your photographs of the squirrel. X

    ReplyDelete
  67. Eu amo animais de todas as espécies, mas os gatos estão no topo da minha lista; tenho dois gatos lindos.
    Saúde a você — Drª. Jéssica Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'd like the Peanuts gang to stay in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  69. That poor dog with the inflamed and painful skin! How on earth did he get that? I'm so glad the team were able to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hello Linda,
    Love all the cute kitty images. Cute captures of the squirrels.
    The smoothie sounds delicious. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Una muy buena entrada, amiga. Genial tu trabajo

    ReplyDelete
  72. Sempre piacevole leggere i tuoi post.
    Amo tutti gli esseri viventi, odio solo le zanzare,
    Felice giornata, un abbraccio
    enrico

    ReplyDelete
  73. Glen Campbell was one of my favorites back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I LOVE the squirrel photos! Perhaps more animal photography in future. Warm greetings from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  75. It is true! How you treat animals and how animals come up to you is a sign of what type of a human you are. I've seen it! We all could use some "be gentle with yourself" I also like the second photo of calico cat art.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Good night ..... too cute. LOVE the squirrel. We don't have them around here any more ... so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Myslím, že vztah lidí ke zvířatům se v posledních letech zlepšil. Krásně jsi nafotila veverku, to není jednoduché, většinou nepostojí. ☺
    Díky za píseň G. Campbella a hezký den přeji, Lindo!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Dear Linda, thank you so much for these beautiful quotes—one of them even talks about what I'm currently writing about (a new post will be up any day now). I also talk to animals; I speak to my cats every day, but when I meet other animals, I talk to them too. I'm so sorry to hear about Dolly Parton's passing, her songs brought people so much joy. Warmest greetings and sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Yes, I'm a catholic too. That portait at the top -- unbelievably wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love animals, but I Iive in an assisted living facility and at my age, (I'm 90) it is not easy. You have some great photos.

    Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  81. I have to give the Pineapple cream smoothie a try. Thank you for all the happy and gentle inspiration.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  82. Thank you so much for these beautiful quotes and the pictures 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete
  83. So much inspiration again in this post. And laughs too. I like the gag with the food in the microwave ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  84. De las frases aunque sea repetitivo me parecen geniales.
    Supongo que las ardillas están muy acostumbradas a las personas y al hablarla fue cuando te miro.
    El video de la broma aunque no se ve alguno igual busco el lugar por donde se esfumo el plato.
    De la interpretación de esos dos grandes " Dolly y Kenny" solo decir que es lo esperado.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Heart to Heart

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to come and v...