Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Your Health

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me here! I really appreciate you all so much! Next post will appear on my blog on Sunday at 7 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Here are today's selections, which I hope will brighten your day!


Helping those who can never repay you is real rescue.


Adopt. Adore. Advocate.
                             Cat Wisdom 101


Don't focus on how much you eat. Focus on what you eat.

                                  Food Matters


Health is the result of investing in good nutrition.

                               HerbaZest


I am grateful for the positive impact of nutritious foods on my body.

                         Winning Affirmations


Prioritizing nutrition empowers you to change your actions and lifestyle.

                            Dietetic Directions


Time and health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted. -Denis Waitley

                               Food Matters


I view food as energy for my mind and body rather than something to be scared of. It's fuel, not punishment. Because without it, I can't grow stronger, emotionally, mentally and physically. -Lily Collins

                                Better Help


Being healthy and fit isn't a fad or a trend. It's a lifestyle.

                                HerbaZest


Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness. - Laurette Gognan Beaulieu
                                       Trvst


Leave your drugs in the chemist's pot if you can cure the patient with food. - Hippocrates
                             Alternative Doc


Mental illness is so much more complicated than any pill that any mortal could invent. - Elizabeth Wintzel
                              Bright Drops


Living with anxiety is like being followed by a voice. It knows all your insecurities and uses them against you. It gets to the point when it's the loudest voice in the room. The only one you can hear.
                              Healthy Place


Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor. - Thich Nhat Hanh
                          Good Morning Quote


I am different, not less. - Temple Grandin
                            Reader's Digest


Autism is not a disability, it's a different ability.
                              Mom's Belief


I have amazing eyes, an infectious laugh and I always know when you need a hug. I also have Down syndrome. It's a part of me, not a definition of who I am.


O.C.D. (obsessive compulsive disorder) feels like...a daily battle with my own brain. "What if?" - Gemma Correll
                    MHA - Mental Health America


Even when I'm in a really great, steady and stable place...I'm clinically bipolar, so that always exists - a darkness always exists. - Mary Lambert
                               Healthy Place


Bipolar disorder, it's a challenge, but it can set you up to be able to do almost anything else in your life. - Carrie Fisher
                               Healthy Place


The following photos are my own, which I took with my cellphone on my walks here in Montreal. You can click on any image to see a larger view.
This particular photo is of a tree that apparently has edible sour cherries on it! A few people were taking some cherries from this tree! I asked one lady, when I saw her taking some of the little red cherries from the tree if they were edible and she told me that they were! She explained that they were sour cherries. This tree is on public property so people were coming and taking some of the cherries. LOL! :)

These last two photos are of some beautiful lilies. They were in the middle of a boulevard and I just decided to take the photos! The city of Montreal had planted them! I loved the orange and light yellow colours!


The following video is a Just for Laughs Gag (Juste pour Rire in French) done here in Montreal. Enjoy!  :)

Dog with face tumor had 24 hours left until someone saved him (The Dodo)

Orphaned calf keeps looking for a mom until she finds one :) (The Dodo)

Don't fence me in - Gene Autry

The yellow rose of texas - Hanny Williams (original soundtrack)

Thank you all so much for visiting me here! You can leave a comment by clicking on the comment link at the end of my post. Please do not put any hyperlinks or website links in your comment. Please note that comments are moderated to deter spam, which is why your comment will not appear straight away.

119 comments:

  1. The lilies are gorgeous!
    I have rescued many cats over my lifetime, it's always been extremely rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda ... great post, excellent collection of quotes and memes.

    So true to focus on what we eat... as Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician so often called the Father of Medicine, famously said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food,”

    Happy midweek wishes to you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful, especially that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siempre es bueno cuidar y proteger a los animales. Te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your health is your wealth! Oh, I love cherries! What we get here are imported and so they are expensive. How nice it is to have a cherry tree grown on public property and we can just help ourselves. LOL! Did you try the cherries? Oh, the yellow lilies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good reminders on healthy eating, and timely for me because I need that reminder.
    We have lilies like the yellow ones - so pretty!
    I saw that video on the dog before. Sad and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tranquility is a difficult state to attain. I think we learn and grow a lot in the effort! I watch how much and what I eat. Certain foods I try to limit, like desserts whereas with veggies, I can load up. :) Unfortunately, I have a big sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When presenting about food, you forgot to extol the virtues of coffee. It's quite an omission. 😇😁😉

    "I am different, not less" is a great thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that "choir attack" video -- the young guy with the bike sure got into it -- a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard of sour cherries before. Did you try one, Linda? One of our communities has a lot of pecan trees along the public streets and residents go out and pick the pecans come fall time. Thank you for the sweet post. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...Linda, thanks for this wonderful pot. I wish you good heal. There have never been truer word than, "Helping those who can never repay you is real rescue!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some good advice in your post! And nice photos of day lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen to eating nutritious food, and getting physical and mental exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healthy eating is important, as well as exercise. We had sour cherries on our property in Norway, I used to make jam. The yellow lilies are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would not want the sour cherries. Surprising that people were picking them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The attack of the church choir is so funny. I really liked all the advice on wellness but the little video made me forget all else.lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is Chatty Crone - sandie - hope you are getting these. Would you let me know.
    I think the sour cherry bush was pretty.
    I have a touch of OCD myself.
    Helping those who can never repay you is real rescue.
    That is the only way to give - give when you know you won't get back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sour cherries and the lilies are pretty ❤️💛
    I like this: "Autism is not a disability, it's a different ability." I agree fully and I know it, because I am autistic with Asperger's syndrome. It's not a disease 🙂
    I can also vouch for this: "Being healthy and fit isn't a fad or a trend. It's a lifestyle."
    So many great quotes, Linda 🍎 I enjoyed everything.
    And Down syndrome people are cute and affectionate 🩵

    ReplyDelete
  19. The older I get the more I have realised how important healthy eating is.

    ReplyDelete
  20. "I am different, not less." So true.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Health and nutrition—it’s so important, and the other part is such a great read, too!
    I’d love to snack on cherries there and admire the lilies—beautiful photos!
    Dear Linda, I wish you a wonderful rest of the week.hugs Elke

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't focus on how much you eat. Focus on what you eat. THIS IS SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Interestingly, "Don't Fence Me In" was composed by Cole Porter--about as far as a cowboy as you could get.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The happy clappers surrounding people was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning, Linda. Great blog post! I love living healthy, it truly is a lifestyle. I stay active every day and eat as healthily as I can. Your photos are fantastic, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The food created by God keeps the body healthy and the grace sent by God through Jesus keeps the spirit and mind healthy.
    I've noticed how uplifting spinach is. If you feel tired and powerless, eat spinach soup or spinach pancakes or whatever you can think of to make from spinach.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice post, Liinda. I know those old songs..lol
    The memes are nice as usual and your photo sweet of the flowers.
    Videos are interesting as well.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your posts always speak to me, as if you understand exactly what I'm thinking about. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Linda,
    These are beautiful quotes and photos.
    I think the lilies are beautiful.
    This quote below is my favorite this time.
    Time and health are two precious possessions that we only recognize and appreciate when they are gone. - Denis Waitley
    I wish you a lovely Thursday.
    All the best, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello, Linda
    Healthy is very important! Great post.
    The cherries look good and I love the lilies.
    Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great advice, Linda. Health is most important! Those cherries look delicious. Love those cheerful yellow flowers! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not very good at eating healthy. I've tried several times to improve my diet but always go back to my old ways.
    The cherries look good. Nice that people can just go and pick them

    ReplyDelete
  33. So many great thoughts here, it's a pleasure to read through them. Have a great day. Hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the photos and the quotes.

    Some have good advices!

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are right. I should eat again, dear friend Linda. My body says no. My brain says yes. My brain is weak. I have berries, apples, etc etc all here.
    At least I didn´t touch the meds :-) They sit right there and my brain says: no!
    Love the gospel! We had that here in Germany, too - miss it!
    Oh, Max... And yes. Thinking of milk. Or eggs (we always buy those where they "promise" male chicks get not killed - what else can you do?) Much love and hugs on the way. It´s still cold here! 17C.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I take great care of my nutrition.
    Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Where do you find all these great memes? Nutrition and exercise are very important, aren't they? Hope you're having some beautiful weather and not a lot of fire smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  38. It is crucial to our health to eat clean, nutritious foods, get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water. We're doing our best here. Blessings, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  39. good evening dear linda. i love the photos of lilies and cherries that u share.both are nice and in bright colours! and today, i choose this quote: Time and health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted. indeed! take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm sad not to be eating the good foods of summer this year. Salads, berries, fruits...all things I love, but for right now, I'm staying clear of these things. Enjoy your day Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I liked the theme of good nutrition this week, so important!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  42. My country is the biggest producer of sour cherries in the world, actually, we love them in pies and also in sour cherry juice, nom nom nom....

    ReplyDelete
  43. Being healthy and fit isn't a fad or a trend. It's a lifestyle. That is so very true. I've never had a sour cherry. You'll have to let us know if you try one. The color in the flowers is so pretty. Enjoy your day, swee friend.

    ReplyDelete
  44. A alimentação saudável é muito importante. Muito bonita a foto das cerejinhas.
    Que Deus te abençoe querida Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Today's set is like made especially for me. I will particularly well remember : enjoy the road while you strive for health. :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Cual acertadas son todas las frases que nos dejas hoy, en especial aquellas que tratan de esas personas "diferentes".

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  47. testing to see if I can comment or not.
    thank you for your inspirational posts

    ReplyDelete
  48. Such good reminders... Perhaps I'll bookmark this particular one to revisit occasionally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I was so busy that during the '90 and into the 2000s I started using packaged food, something I had not done before. The economic crash of 2008 got me cooking again. I don't use ultra-processed anymore.. I have depression, Mark has anxiety. We are a pair! Lots of good stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great words of advice and encouragement. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you for a wonderful post. The quotes about health really make you think, and the Montreal lilies beautifully brighten the day. Warmest regards!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hello dear friend. I keep your serious messages in your every post, Linda. They always are full of life and love.
    My best regards, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Se comêssemos somente o que é saudável não precisaríamos nos encher de remédios. Lamentavelmente, nossa consumista sociedade, não faz publicidade disso.
    Abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Dear Linda, thank you for the 3 photos taken by your cell phone. Is the cherry 🍒 tree not very tall that people can just pluck the cherry 🍒 without using ladder?

    ReplyDelete
  55. So viel Wahres ...
    Am Besten hat mir das gefallen:

    Ich betrachte Essen als Energiequelle für Körper und Geist, nicht als etwas, vor dem ich Angst haben muss. Es ist Treibstoff, keine Strafe. Denn ohne es kann ich weder emotional, mental noch körperlich wachsen. – Lily Collins

    Herzliche Grüße
    Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  56. Eating healthy is very important in today's world. Nice quotes and memes. Have a great weekend, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Muy cierto... Alimentarse bien y hacer ejercicio son vitales para nuestra vida.
    Un saludo, amiga

    ReplyDelete
  58. A very timely post, Linda, as I need to focus on my health. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  59. You use those cherries for jam/pastry, Linda.
    Isn't is nice, being part of the choir!
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful quotes.. A very big hi from Casablanca city of Morocco 🇲🇦

    ReplyDelete
  61. Incredible thoughts. But that black cat expression is really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Danke für die vielen kleinen Beiträge. Dieses mal habe ich mich in ein Bild verliebt. Die schwarze Katze mit den grünen Augen ganz am Anfang. Ich finde sie einfach super.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Wow! 64 people beat me here this week! As always, wise words, beautiful flowers, and cute videos. Have a blessed evening!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  64. Good nutrition is so important for our health, Linda. Thank you for sharing with us today. I hope you’re having a good week!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hello Linda! Great post and theme. I have been doing a lot of praying about my health and my future choices lately. Love the pictures of the lilies.

    ReplyDelete
  66. So many good quotes, and many of them very timely reminders for me.
    And I have to say Amen to this one by Denis Waitley: "Time and health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted."

    ReplyDelete
  67. I defnitely loved the choir attack :D
    The sour cherries look so bright and delicious!
    Loved the yellow lilies!
    I think the most healthy food is the one we cook, compared to the one we already buy packed! Fresh and natural always beats the mountain of chemicals to keep cooked food from ruining in the supermarket!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Love the lilies. They are blooming all over the place here.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Boa noite minha querida amiga Linda. Obrigado pela visita e comentário. A minha reflexão preferida é " Não se preocupe com a quantidade que você come. Concentre-se no.que você come". Espero que esteja tudo bem com você e seus familiares em Montreal. Aqui onde eu moro, nem parece que estamos no inverno. Uma excelente noite de quinta-feira e um grande abraço do seu amigo carioca.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Living with anxiety is like being followed by a voice. It knows all your insecurities and uses them against you. It gets to the point when it's the loudest voice in the room. The only one you can hear.

    This is so very true.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Perfect timing as usual, Linda. I'm really trying to think about what I eat and there are so many good quotes to keep in mind today. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Aren't the sour cherries the ones you bake pies with? That's what I always thought, but they don't grow down here. Sadly, I can only buy them in a can. Oh, yes, adopt a kitty if you can...that black one looks just like my Blackie, and he is my adopted little rascal. Never a dull moment with him. Especially with today's lizard escapade in the house. Thankfully, kitty and lizard went outside and I didn't have to keep wondering where the lizard was. LOL. This was all good. YOu find so many good thoughts to share. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I so understand this quote now that I am older "Time and health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted." I didn't know those cherries were edible either. Our Lilies look just like the ones you took pictures of :) I need to thin some of my Iris out because they are starting to take over the lilies :(

    ReplyDelete
  74. "I am different, not less." - this is really resonating with me. I'm working on an assignment where I'm slightly lost most of the time and feeling small because of that. Need this boost!

    ReplyDelete
  75. I have found the words of the Food Matters meme ("Don't focus on how much you eat. Focus on what you eat.") to be true and wise advice.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Great article and good blog. Have a nice day ok

    ReplyDelete
  77. Glad to read your post. Loved all posters.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  78. Hi Linda,
    Great reminders on wellness -- so important!
    The sour cherries sound interesting, and I love the lilies.
    Take care and enjoy your weekend! 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  79. Hola, Linda. No hay nada más hermoso en la vida que ayudar a los demás sin esperar nada a cambio.
    Dicho esto, agradecerte la recopilación que has hecho tan amena, incluyendo fotografías de tu autoria, que son un deleite para la vista, y muy entretenido todo para pasar un agradable rato leyéndolas.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  80. True indeed, health is very important. We tend to forget sometimes to care for our bodies until we feel sick.
    Beautiful photos of bright yellow flowers.
    Take care, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  81. it's friday, 7 pm here at my place. i was attending a workshop today, held in city centre convention centre. for today, i choose this quote: Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness...take care dear linda

    ReplyDelete
  82. I love the Cat Wisdom 101. It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I always enjoy these cheerful collections of funny pictures and heartwarming quotes. They’re a lovely reminder to slow down for a few minutes, smile, and appreciate the little joys of everyday life. Thank you for sharing such a positive and uplifting post. It definitely brightened my day.

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  84. Lindo, je vidět, že jsi zastáncem zdravé výživy a životního stylu! 👍
    Video psa s nádorem mě zaujalo, sice nerozumím ani slovo, ale je to povzbudivé.
    Přeji klidný víkend. Jo a višně jsou jedlé. 😸

    ReplyDelete
  85. Look at all those flowers!! My favorite. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Oi, Linda! Adoro tuas fotos, mostrando um pouco das plantinhas do Canadá. E sim, alimentação saudável cura, melhor ainda, impede que adoecemos. Bom fim de semana! Beijos nas bochechas! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  87. Such a sweet story about the orphaned calf finding her forever mum.
    Lots of great quotes and wonderful pictures. Always a special place to visit .

    ReplyDelete
  88. Some great advice on balanced eating!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Nutrition – it is difficult to keep it as natural as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Important words. Best regards from Kraków!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Thank you for all of these. The Yellow Rose of Texas was one of my Dad's favourite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Your collection of wellness thoughts offers calm motivation, and the blend of nutrition, mindfulness and compassion creates a soothing reminder to care for both body and mind.

    ReplyDelete
  93. we just adopt a cat.... love it.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  94. Great tips about what we eat! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  95. "Living with anxiety is like being followed by a voice" - I actually did a cartoon series about this a few months ago. It resonates.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Wise thoughts and beautiful photos. Since I started eating better, I feel better mentally.
    Video from Just for Laughs Gag, I made the mascot for this program :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Hello Linda :)
    Your photos are lovely. I'll bet those sour cherries are good stewed with suger. I cried when I saw the dog with the face tumour, and how happy his life turned out to be after the tumor was removed., These stories really pull at my heart strings. Thank you Linda for all the good nutritional advice in your post today.
    Have a happy weekend
    All the best
    Sonjia.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Gracias por tus citas, todas me gustan y tus fotos también. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  99. a wonderful collection of little reminders about appreciating the present...

    ReplyDelete
  100. We adopted a couple rescue cats this year...one was an adventurer outside, the other was very skittish outside. The brave one got wacked by a car, but Mrs' Skittish is doing great. Sometimes it pays to proceed with caution.

    ReplyDelete
  101. We had a rescue dog who gave us his unconditional love for 17 years. Miss him and his antics.

    ReplyDelete
  102. "Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live."

    ReplyDelete
  103. Benessere e alimentazione sono importanti, grazie per avercelo ricordato con il tuo post

    ReplyDelete
  104. Thank you so much for commenting that you were thinking of me. It made my already wonderful day even better. ~hugs~ And these quotes are great, so thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Linda, te agradezco tu visita que me ha facilitado la entrada a tu magnífico blog, donde nos dejas consejos de salud física y espiritual. Todo es importante, tanto la buena alimentación, como la belleza y cuidado de la naturaleza, así como el respeto y valoración de los que nos rodean...Mi fellicitación por tu excelente trabajo y generosidad, compañera de letras.
    Mi abrazo entrañable y feliz domingo, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  106. I love your photos! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  107. thank you hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Hola Linda. Todo un muestrario de variadas y entretenidas fotos que aprecio. Muchas gracias por todo
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  109. That very cool that you found a place to get cherries like that. I can appreciate these meme's today since I'm trying to eat healthy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Watched the church choir thing - I wonder how I would react with that?

    ReplyDelete
  111. Very enlightening memes, Linda. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  112. The quote about mental health is a powerful one. I love sour cherries so I'd certainly be sampling a few off that tree.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Hello Linda! Such a meaningful post today. The quotes about mental health and wellness really resonated with me, especially the reminder about taking life step-by-step. On a lighter note, the Just for Laughs Gags video was so fun to watch! Thanks for always sharing such a perfect mix of reflection and joy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me and for your comments. Please use words and not only emoticons. All comments are moderated to deter spam, so for this reason comments will not appear immediately.

Soothe away your stress!

Hello dear friends and fellow bloggers! A very warm welcome to you all! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit me h...